From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Subject: Re: how to import or add an mbox file?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:32:37 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Mon, 27 Nov 2023 20:32 UTC

Nicholas Saunders <saunders.nicholas@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm just looking to read old messages offline and local.

>I backed up the .pinerc file and have a foo.mbox file which I'd like to
>add. When I launch pine I see a list of old file. Can I somehow add or
>import this mbox to that list?

No importing required.

Just move it into the same directory or initiate your alpine session
with the full path to the file.

For instance, when I download control messages, they are in an mbox
archive and I can read them with alpine. I don't care to save them so
they get FTP'd to /tmp. Here's an archive I recently looked at.

alpine -if /tmp/uk.local.midlands

Without the full path, in my setup, my archived mboxes are in ~/mail, so
alpine would find it if I moved it to that directory.

Your mbox archive might be ~/Mail or something else. Check your .pinerc.