From: Cecil@decebal.nl (Cecil Westerhof)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: LaTeX document to pdf
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:17:45 +0200
sha1:ZhsCPOufWHROI1ZHscRge8nkIPU=
 by: Cecil Westerhof - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 10:17 UTC

I started using LaTeX at last. and immediately I ran into a few
things.

Normally you use pdflatex to convert a LaTeX document to a pdf
document. But at this moment I want a png file. I can use convert from
ImageMagick to convert the pdf to png, but I was wondering if I could
convert a LaTeX document directly to a png.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

Re: LaTeX document to pdf

<jq2kmfFtblvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5381&group=comp.text.tex#5381

From: peter@silmaril.ie (Peter Flynn)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: Re: LaTeX document to pdf
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 12:45:18 +0100
 by: Peter Flynn - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 11:45 UTC

On 04/10/2022 11:17, Cecil Westerhof wrote:
> I started using LaTeX at last. and immediately I ran into a few
> things.

Welcome aboard :-)

> Normally you use pdflatex to convert a LaTeX document to a pdf
> document. But at this moment I want a png file. I can use convert
> from ImageMagick to convert the pdf to png, but I was wondering if I
> could convert a LaTeX document directly to a png.

Not as far as I know. PNG is a single-page format, and most LaTeX
documents are multi-page. If I need a PNG from a page of a LaTEX
document I do what you do: extract the page and use ImageMagick or GIMP
to create the PNG.

But maybe there is something else out there that I have missed.

Peter

Re: LaTeX document to pdf

<pnhesxhxgt2s$.dlg@nililand.de>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5385&group=comp.text.tex#5385

From: news3@nililand.de (Ulrike Fischer)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 14:19:58 +0200
 by: Ulrike Fischer - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 12:19 UTC

Am Tue, 04 Oct 2022 12:17:45 +0200 schrieb Cecil Westerhof:

> I started using LaTeX at last. and immediately I ran into a few
> things.
>
> Normally you use pdflatex to convert a LaTeX document to a pdf
> document. But at this moment I want a png file. I can use convert from
> ImageMagick to convert the pdf to png, but I was wondering if I could
> convert a LaTeX document directly to a png.

you can run

latex file

to create a dvi and then

dvipng file

It will create one png for every page of your document.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

Re: LaTeX document to pdf

<633C331F.69D12893@Berger-Odenthal.De>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5386&group=comp.text.tex#5386

From: Spam@Berger-Odenthal.De (Axel Berger)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2022 15:20:31 +0200
 by: Axel Berger - Tue, 4 Oct 2022 13:20 UTC

Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> latex file
> dvipng file

That's what I thought. But since this too is a two step process with an
intermediate file you may just as well stick to pdf, unless going
through dvi yields a higher quality.

--
/¯\ No | Dipl.-Ing. F. Axel Berger Tel: +49/ 221/ 7771 8067
\ / HTML | Roald-Amundsen-Straße 2a Fax: +49/ 221/ 7771 8069