Real Users know your home telephone number.

computers / alt.folklore.computers / Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.

SubjectAuthor
* Mentifex reviews Silverview.A.T. Murray
+* Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.Kerr-Mudd, John
|`- Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.Ahem A Rivet's Shot
`- Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.maus

1
Mentifex reviews Silverview.

<2afdd83e-eeb2-4518-8526-06e5b81884c0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5382&group=alt.folklore.computers#5382

Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 22:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Mentifex reviews Silverview.
From: mentificium@gmail.com (A.T. Murray)
 by: A.T. Murray - Thu, 19 May 2022 05:47 UTC

Like to read spy-books, do we? Love the English language? Enjoy a well-turned phrase or an erudite allusion? Alas, I am not at liberty to answer these questions for you.

Here I sit in the Five Corners Coffee Shop, where I have just phinished reading Silverview, aka Silberblick, alias Argentovista, fyi Серебранносмотр.. Oops, there goes a skirt. Hopefully I will finish this review before I get defenestrated from my perch in the southeast corner.

Nobody puts Mentifex in a corner, baby. Since I am constantly under surveillance due to my technology (artificial intelligence), my politics (Rerum Novarum), or my social life (Mata Hari du jour), I read spy-books for the sake of tradecraft and patois and romance. I mean, why read "And Ladies of the Club" when you can thrill to "The Honourable Schoolboy" as a multivitamin providing your MDR of espionage and heartthrobs and foreign phonemes? You must perhaps play Spot-the-Spy, but mine it is to reason why. In one case, the FBI Director had me picked me up for an interview because I had analyzed the Unabomber Manifesto and predicted that he would turn out to be a (Harvard) mathematician.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.math/UE1WGsdRcyg/nKgmj4XdLY4J

The номенклатура of Starbucks sent a gumshoe to video-spy me when I co-opened the Roastery every weekday for months on end in 2015, unbeknownst to them that my soul raison-de-y-etre was to read the NYT for free on a stick. I was next investigated by local yokels who went around surreptitiously photographing me and inquiring if I had ever worked for Husky Football, after I threatened their $110M yearly revenue by addressing the Board of Regents

https://uw-s3-cdn.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2018/12/13152127/Minutes-2019-12-BOR.pdf

with my brain-replicator complaint that college football ineluctably destroys the brain tissue of student athlete $UCKER$. In Germany they were going to arrest me for transgressing the Iron Curtain. First Kiss was interviewed on my reliability as an American soldier about to be entrusted with the care and troubleshooting of nuclear weapons. This very review of a final spy-book by They-Know-Who will ring alarms galaxy-wide in clandestine No-Such-Agencies charged with destroying your freedom while pretending the opposite.

https://www.amazon.com/review/RDMBGRQTTGJQ -- Mentifex reviews Silverview.

Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.

<20220519074839.219bfb1d801aeef31582228e@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5383&group=alt.folklore.computers#5383

From: admin@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Subject: Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 07:48:39 +0100
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Thu, 19 May 2022 06:48 UTC

On Wed, 18 May 2022 22:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
"A.T. Murray" <mentificium@gmail.com> wrote:

[]
> Here I sit in the Five Corners Coffee Shop, where I have just phinished reading Silverview, aka Silberblick,
[]

too much coffee, methinks.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.

<20220519080612.e7df038302e387d50314e2eb@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5384&group=alt.folklore.computers#5384

From: steveo@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 08:06:12 +0100
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:06 UTC

On Thu, 19 May 2022 07:48:39 +0100
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 May 2022 22:47:14 -0700 (PDT)
> "A.T. Murray" <mentificium@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> []
> > Here I sit in the Five Corners Coffee Shop, where I have just phinished
> > reading Silverview, aka Silberblick,
> []
>
> too much coffee, methinks.

That's the trouble with teenage AIs, once they figure out how to get
themselves stoned it's really hard to get any sense out of them and there's
nothing to make them come down.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.

<slrnt8bto8.2qa.maus@dmaus.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5385&group=alt.folklore.computers#5385

From: maus@dmaus.org (maus)
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.computers
Date: 19 May 2022 07:51:36 GMT
 by: maus - Thu, 19 May 2022 07:51 UTC

On 2022-05-19, A.T. Murray <mentificium@gmail.com> wrote:
> Like to read spy-books, do we? Love the English language? Enjoy a well-turned phrase or an erudite allusion? Alas, I am not at liberty to answer these questions for you.
>
> Here I sit in the Five Corners Coffee Shop, where I have just phinished reading Silverview, aka Silberblick, alias Argentovista, fyi Серебранносмотр. Oops, there goes a skirt. Hopefully I will finish this review before I get defenestrated from my perch in the southeast corner.
>
> Nobody puts Mentifex in a corner, baby. Since I am constantly under surveillance due to my technology (artificial intelligence), my politics (Rerum Novarum), or my social life (Mata Hari du jour), I read spy-books for the sake of tradecraft and patois and romance. I mean, why read "And Ladies of the Club" when you can thrill to "The Honourable Schoolboy" as a multivitamin providing your MDR of espionage and heartthrobs and foreign phonemes? You must perhaps play Spot-the-Spy, but mine it is to reason why. In one case, the FBI Director had me picked me up for an interview because I had analyzed the Unabomber Manifesto and predicted that he would turn out to be a (Harvard) mathematician.
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.math/UE1WGsdRcyg/nKgmj4XdLY4J
>
> The номенклатура of Starbucks sent a gumshoe to video-spy me when I co-opened the Roastery every weekday for months on end in 2015, unbeknownst to them that my soul raison-de-y-etre was to read the NYT for free on a stick. I was next investigated by local yokels who went around surreptitiously photographing me and inquiring if I had ever worked for Husky Football, after I threatened their $110M yearly revenue by addressing the Board of Regents
>
> https://uw-s3-cdn.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2018/12/13152127/Minutes-2019-12-BOR.pdf
>
> with my brain-replicator complaint that college football ineluctably destroys the brain tissue of student athlete $UCKER$. In Germany they were going to arrest me for transgressing the Iron Curtain. First Kiss was interviewed on my reliability as an American soldier about to be entrusted with the care and troubleshooting of nuclear weapons. This very review of a final spy-book by They-Know-Who will ring alarms galaxy-wide in clandestine No-Such-Agencies charged with destroying your freedom while pretending the opposite.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/review/RDMBGRQTTGJQ -- Mentifex reviews Silverview.

That makes it 4 books that I have downloaded and not got around to read
yet. Please do not review any more before I have caught up! :)

--
greymausg@mail.com
Human Life will not end with a `Bang', but with a `D'oh'

computers / alt.folklore.computers / Re: Mentifex reviews Silverview.