Subject: Re: LanMan98
Newsgroups: comp.sys.acorn.apps
From: ricp@minijem.plus.com (Richard Porter)
Date: Wed, 05 May 2021 11:05:24 +0100
 by: Richard Porter - Wed, 5 May 2021 10:05 UTC

The date being 26 Apr 2021, Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> decided to
write:

> I wanted to express my thanks to those who made LanMan98 freely
> available.

Yes indeed, I've had it for a long time and it's invaluable.

There's one problem I hope someone can throw some light on. I use NAS and
stand-alone LM98 for transferring files to/from my iMac and for backing up
my ARMX6 with SafeStore. Sometimes I'm unable to delete directories from
the ARMX6 although I can delete their contents. I've tried changing the
access permissions but to no avail. However if I go back to the iMac I can
delete those directories from NAS easily.

This isn't anything new. I have one or two directories which I renamed to
get them out of the way because I couldn't delete them.

I seem to recall that I once had file sharing with MacOS working but
updates from Apple put the kybosh on it.

--
Richard Porter