"Our vision is to speed up time, eventually eliminating it." -- Alex Schure

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPad

SubjectAuthor
* Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadTerry Pinnell
+- Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadjerryab
+- Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadRalph Fox
+- Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadArthur T.
`* Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadJesper Kaas
 +- Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadJesper Kaas
 `* Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadRalph Fox
  +* Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadJesper Kaas
  |+- Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadRalph Fox
  |`- Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPadTerry Pinnell
  `* Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPadTerry Pinnell
   `* Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPadRalph Fox
    +- Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPadJesper Kaas
    `* Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPadTerry Pinnell
     +* Re: AGAIN Not receiving email ... IGNORE MY LAST REPLY!Terry Pinnell
     |`- Re: AGAIN Not receiving email ... IGNORE MY LAST REPLY!Ralph Fox
     `- Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPadJesper Kaas

1
Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<fjuagihgg1ia7mgfe8r9uobsoaih8bk70h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5278&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5278

From: me@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 11:13:30 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 10:13 UTC

This has been vexing me for a while, the most frustrating aspect being
its apparent inconsistency. Example: emailed myself a link late last
night from my iPad's Safari browser, using the Mail option. It was
addressed to my BT address, and sent from my gmail address. iPad gave
its usual 'whoosh' indication of a successful send. But it was not in my
Agent Inbox this morning. Despite several repetitions of 'Get new
email'.

So I then opened Safari again, found the intended page, and repeated the
email send. This time it promptly arrived in Agent. Can't see any
relevant distinction between these two tasks.

Any ideas on possible cause please? Luckily I remembered this important
link, but obviously I need to be able to depend on receiving the email.

Terry

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<r7fbgid8864hjt1ghlo833aqah40g6u4ik@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5279&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5279

From: jerryab@juno.com (jerryab)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 09:40:12 -0500
 by: jerryab - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 14:40 UTC

On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 11:13:30 +0100, Terry Pinnell
<me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

> I need to be able to depend on receiving the email.

Do not expect to always get what was sent to you. E-mail can be weird
some days--or it could be the message causing the problem. Spam
filters on the various e-mail systems do "catch" stuff that is not
spam and delete it, and you would never know what happened.

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<2e3cgi15lcd7qpid6cqkle20ls0v2n9uv1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5280&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5280

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 08:41:54 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 20:41 UTC

On Sat, 16 Sep 2023 11:13:30 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

> This has been vexing me for a while, the most frustrating aspect being
> its apparent inconsistency. Example: emailed myself a link late last
> night from my iPad's Safari browser, using the Mail option. It was
> addressed to my BT address, and sent from my gmail address. iPad gave
> its usual 'whoosh' indication of a successful send. But it was not in my
> Agent Inbox this morning. Despite several repetitions of 'Get new
> email'.
>
> So I then opened Safari again, found the intended page, and repeated the
> email send. This time it promptly arrived in Agent. Can't see any
> relevant distinction between these two tasks.
>
> Any ideas on possible cause please? Luckily I remembered this important
> link, but obviously I need to be able to depend on receiving the email.
>
> Terry

I trust you have already checked Agent's "Tools >> Review Recent Email"
to see if the missing email was received, and perhaps automatically
filed into another folder in Agent.

Your email does _not_ go directly from your iPad's Safari browser to
your BT Inbox. There are several stops on the way. Your email goes
from one email server to another to another ... [^1] on the way.

The 'whoosh' indication only means your email got to the first email
server in the chain [^1]. It does not mean the email got to the end
of the chain and landed in your Inbox. One of the other mail servers
could have treated your email as spam.

If your email was treated as spam, it might be in your BT email spam
folder. Log on to your BT email at <https://www.bt.com/email> and
look in the spam folder. Agent only receives email that is put into
your BT email 'Inbox' folder, not email that is put into your BT email
spam folder.

If the email did not go far enough along the chain [^1], then it may
not be in your spam folder. If an email was discarded as spam, do not
expect to get a bounce message back in your Gmail account.

____
FOOTNOTE

[^1] This is how to see the chain of email servers which an email
passes through from your Gmail account to your BT account:

1. Find the email which did arrive;
2. Press 'H' to view the full headers.
3. Look at all the "Received:" headers, working upward from
the bottom to the top.

The bottom "Received:" header is added by the first email
server in the chain.
The next "Received:" header up is the next email server in
the chain.
And so on...

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

There’s many a slip ’twixt the cup and the lip.
🖎 🖅 🡺💨 🗄 🡺 🗄 🡺 🗄 🡺 🗄 🡺 🗄 🡺 🗄 🡺 🗄 🡺 📥︎ 🡺 🕵 🡺 🗀︎

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<j75cgipeft4tok75sl1flqmthj94fpru9n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5281&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5281

From: arthur@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2023 16:51:41 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Sat, 16 Sep 2023 20:51 UTC

In Message-ID:<fjuagihgg1ia7mgfe8r9uobsoaih8bk70h@4ax.com>,
Terry Pinnell <me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>This has been vexing me for a while, the most frustrating aspect being
>its apparent inconsistency. Example: emailed myself a link late last
>night from my iPad's Safari browser, using the Mail option. It was
>addressed to my BT address, and sent from my gmail address. iPad gave
>its usual 'whoosh' indication of a successful send. But it was not in my
>Agent Inbox this morning. Despite several repetitions of 'Get new
>email'.

In addition to what others have said, it could be in transit. I have
received an e-mail at least 3 days after I know it was sent.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<fkjcgi5c6vcv6285oh3d4p3kjlndptloml@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5282&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5282

From: jesperk@neitakk.online.no (Jesper Kaas)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 03:10:09 +0200
 by: Jesper Kaas - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 01:10 UTC

<me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>This has been vexing me for a while, the most frustrating aspect being
>its apparent inconsistency. Example: emailed myself a link late last
>night from my iPad's Safari browser, using the Mail option. It was
>addressed to my BT address, and sent from my gmail address. iPad gave
>its usual 'whoosh' indication of a successful send. But it was not in my
>Agent Inbox this morning. Despite several repetitions of 'Get new
>email'.
>
>So I then opened Safari again, found the intended page, and repeated the
>email send. This time it promptly arrived in Agent. Can't see any
>relevant distinction between these two tasks.
>
>Any ideas on possible cause please? Luckily I remembered this important
>link, but obviously I need to be able to depend on receiving the email.
>
>Terry

I have noticed a special handling of emails sent to my gmail-account.
It looks like gmail will only send an email to one recipient. Look at
it this way: You send an email to your gmail-address. The mail is then
lying on Googles server waiting to be downloaded. As soon as one
program, say Agent has fetched the mail, another program, say
Thunderbird, will not get this mail when checking for new mail from
gmail. Note that this is happening also when Agant has a mark in
setting "Leave messages on server".
For me this is happening often as i have mailprograms on 2 PC's, a
mobile and Thunderbird in a Linux installation on a Raspberrypi. Mails
sent to my gmail-account is only seen on the device that first checks
for email. But of course you can check your gmail directly in a
browser, and you will see all recieved emails.

--
Jesper Kaas - jesperk@neindanke.online.no

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<1mlcgihe7dsulkotu5pf1o6rdj7pb6sp6s@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5283&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5283

From: jesperk@neitakk.online.no (Jesper Kaas)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 03:33:50 +0200
 by: Jesper Kaas - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 01:33 UTC

On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 03:10:09 +0200, Jesper Kaas
<jesperk@neitakk.online.no> wrote:

>I have noticed a special handling of emails sent to my gmail-account.
>It looks like gmail will only send an email to one recipient. Look at
>it this way: You send an email to your gmail-address. The mail is then
>lying on Googles server waiting to be downloaded. As soon as one
>program, say Agent has fetched the mail, another program, say
>Thunderbird, will not get this mail when checking for new mail from
>gmail. Note that this is happening also when Agant has a mark in
>setting "Leave messages on server".
>For me this is happening often as i have mailprograms on 2 PC's, a
>mobile and Thunderbird in a Linux installation on a Raspberrypi. Mails
>sent to my gmail-account is only seen on the device that first checks
>for email. But of course you can check your gmail directly in a
>browser, and you will see all recieved emails.

A correction to the above: The mailprogram on my Android
cell-phone/mobile allways shows mails sent to my gmail-adress, even if
mail is allready recieved in Agent and/or Thunderbird.
--
Jesper Kaas - jesperk@neindanke.online.no

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<gaocgits8u9egc4qst5jeo57vajgrc18f1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5284&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5284

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:35:16 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sun, 17 Sep 2023 02:35 UTC

On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 03:10:09 +0200, Jesper Kaas wrote:

> I have noticed a special handling of emails sent to my gmail-account.
> It looks like gmail will only send an email to one recipient. Look at
> it this way: You send an email to your gmail-address. The mail is then
> lying on Googles server waiting to be downloaded. As soon as one
> program, say Agent has fetched the mail, another program, say
> Thunderbird, will not get this mail when checking for new mail from
> gmail. Note that this is happening also when Agant has a mark in
> setting "Leave messages on server".

To download email from Gmail to more than one program using POP3,
you need to use Gmail's "recent mode".

For details, go to this Gmail support page and look in the
section "I want to download emails on multiple email clients".
<https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828#zippy=%2Ci-want-to-download-emails-on-multiple-email-clients>

Also see <https://support.google.com/a/answer/6089246>.

This only affects programs (like Agent) that use POP3 to fetch email
It does not affect programs that use IMAP to fetch email.

> For me this is happening often as i have mailprograms on 2 PC's, a
> mobile and Thunderbird in a Linux installation on a Raspberrypi. Mails
> sent to my gmail-account is only seen on the device that first checks
> for email. But of course you can check your gmail directly in a
> browser, and you will see all recieved emails.

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

Ne sceal man to ær forht ne to ær fægen.

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<g25hgipae40rb6og2g9408fa8rgknce15j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5286&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5286

From: jesperk@neitakk.online.no (Jesper Kaas)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 20:32:53 +0200
 by: Jesper Kaas - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 18:32 UTC

On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:35:16 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>To download email from Gmail to more than one program using POP3,
>you need to use Gmail's "recent mode".
>
>For details, go to this Gmail support page and look in the
>section "I want to download emails on multiple email clients".
><https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828#zippy=%2Ci-want-to-download-emails-on-multiple-email-clients>
>
>Also see <https://support.google.com/a/answer/6089246>.
>
>This only affects programs (like Agent) that use POP3 to fetch email
>It does not affect programs that use IMAP to fetch email.

Thank you very much Ralph, now I get gmail "all over the place", no
matter which client first downloads the mail. What did the trick was
to put "recent:" in front of my username in Agents definitions for
pop.gmail.com.
Right after the change (adding "recent:" in front of username), Agent
downloade 500-1000 old gmails in several batches, but once that had
stopped, it works fine. No changes made in Thunderbird.

Best regards
--
Jesper Kaas - jesperk@neindanke.online.no

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<anohgit13rclfsk0j4rasmrlepmhm74gs3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5287&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5287

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 11:53:32 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 23:53 UTC

On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 20:32:53 +0200, Jesper Kaas wrote:

> Thank you very much Ralph, now I get gmail "all over the place", no
> matter which client first downloads the mail.

You're welcome.

> What did the trick was
> to put "recent:" in front of my username in Agents definitions for
> pop.gmail.com.

Re: Agent SOMETIMES not receiving email to myself from iPad

<1nhtgi9ir1ts3ug7dfkfenutrmjchq3bte@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5317&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5317

From: me@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2023 12:31:45 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Sat, 23 Sep 2023 11:31 UTC

Jesper Kaas <jesperk@neitakk.online.no> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:35:16 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>To download email from Gmail to more than one program using POP3,
>>you need to use Gmail's "recent mode".
>>
>>For details, go to this Gmail support page and look in the
>>section "I want to download emails on multiple email clients".
>><https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828#zippy=%2Ci-want-to-download-emails-on-multiple-email-clients>
>>
>>Also see <https://support.google.com/a/answer/6089246>.
>>
>>This only affects programs (like Agent) that use POP3 to fetch email
>>It does not affect programs that use IMAP to fetch email.
>
>Thank you very much Ralph, now I get gmail "all over the place", no
>matter which client first downloads the mail. What did the trick was
>to put "recent:" in front of my username in Agents definitions for
>pop.gmail.com.
>Right after the change (adding "recent:" in front of username), Agent
>downloade 500-1000 old gmails in several batches, but once that had
>stopped, it works fine. No changes made in Thunderbird.
>
>Best regards

Ralph, Jasper:

That fixed it for me too, many thanks.

Terry

Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPad

<36jahit7hrsne26rqfa28qo6vngplj7afm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5330&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5330

From: me@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPad
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:11:11 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 10:11 UTC

Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 03:10:09 +0200, Jesper Kaas wrote:
>
>> I have noticed a special handling of emails sent to my gmail-account.
>> It looks like gmail will only send an email to one recipient. Look at
>> it this way: You send an email to your gmail-address. The mail is then
>> lying on Googles server waiting to be downloaded. As soon as one
>> program, say Agent has fetched the mail, another program, say
>> Thunderbird, will not get this mail when checking for new mail from
>> gmail. Note that this is happening also when Agant has a mark in
>> setting "Leave messages on server".
>

>To download email from Gmail to more than one program using POP3,
>you need to use Gmail's "recent mode".
>
>For details, go to this Gmail support page and look in the
>section "I want to download emails on multiple email clients".
><https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828#zippy=%2Ci-want-to-download-emails-on-multiple-email-clients>
>
>Also see <https://support.google.com/a/answer/6089246>.
>
>This only affects programs (like Agent) that use POP3 to fetch email
>It does not affect programs that use IMAP to fetch email.
>

>> For me this is happening often as i have mailprograms on 2 PC's, a
>> mobile and Thunderbird in a Linux installation on a Raspberrypi. Mails
>> sent to my gmail-account is only seen on the device that first checks
>> for email. But of course you can check your gmail directly in a
>> browser, and you will see all recieved emails.

Became aware of this again today. Agent settings for my BT POP account
no longer show 'recent:' prefixed to my email username. Added it again,
but now get error:

An error has occurred in an online task.
Error: Server BT (POP) rejected your username and password
(Invalid user name or password).
Task: Get new email from BT (POP)
Server: BT (POP) (mail.btinternet.com)
Time: 28109123 10:29:44

Google > All Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP looks OK. Agent BT-POP
incoming settings too. Both below:

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1b4ykfjtmjq6apnjxl289/BT-POP.jpg?rlkey=8eqb2ciktp0gi9a140nl1q47d&raw=1

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/aknqhitbxlgxcgmnapdee/GM-Settings-Re-POP.jpg?rlkey=1maokr1aj6689ol7ztq4tk1ky&raw=1

Jasper: Does the 'Recent:' prefix survive for you?

Terry

Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPad

<h9fbhih9rq0vuo2d27qaprqd6dedbsp6eg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5333&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5333

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:08:30 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 18:08 UTC

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 11:11:11 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:
> Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Sep 2023 03:10:09 +0200, Jesper Kaas wrote:
>>
>>> I have noticed a special handling of emails sent to my gmail-account.
>>> It looks like gmail will only send an email to one recipient. Look at
>>> it this way: You send an email to your gmail-address. The mail is then
>>> lying on Googles server waiting to be downloaded. As soon as one
>>> program, say Agent has fetched the mail, another program, say
>>> Thunderbird, will not get this mail when checking for new mail from
>>> gmail. Note that this is happening also when Agant has a mark in
>>> setting "Leave messages on server".
>>

>> To download email from Gmail to more than one program using POP3,
>> you need to use Gmail's "recent mode".
>>
>> For details, go to this Gmail support page and look in the
>> section "I want to download emails on multiple email clients".
>> <https://support.google.com/mail/answer/7104828#zippy=%2Ci-want-to-download-emails-on-multiple-email-clients>
>>
>> Also see <https://support.google.com/a/answer/6089246>.
>>
>> This only affects programs (like Agent) that use POP3 to fetch email
>> It does not affect programs that use IMAP to fetch email.
>>

>>> For me this is happening often as i have mailprograms on 2 PC's, a
>>> mobile and Thunderbird in a Linux installation on a Raspberrypi. Mails
>>> sent to my gmail-account is only seen on the device that first checks
>>> for email. But of course you can check your gmail directly in a
>>> browser, and you will see all recieved emails.
>
> Became aware of this again today. Agent settings for my BT POP account
> no longer show 'recent:' prefixed to my email username.

It is the _Gmail_ account which would have had “recent:”.
Not the _BT_ account.

> Added it again,
> but now get error:
>
> An error has occurred in an online task.
> Error: Server BT (POP) rejected your username and password
> (Invalid user name or password).
> Task: Get new email from BT (POP)
> Server: BT (POP) (mail.btinternet.com)
> Time: 28109123 10:29:44

Terry, Terry, Terry

The “recent:” mode thing is for downloading email from a _Gmail_ account.
It is _not_ for downloading email from a _BT_ account.

BT does not have a “recent:” mode.

This “recent:” mode thing is a Gmail special. It is not standard POP3.

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

Nu hit ys on swines dome, cwæð se ceorl sæt on eoferes hricge.

Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPad

<idkbhi9nol0firbrun0grim22sjuvkjodg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5334&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5334

From: jesperk@neitakk.online.no (Jesper Kaas)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 21:21:25 +0200
 by: Jesper Kaas - Thu, 28 Sep 2023 19:21 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 07:08:30 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>> Jasper: Does the 'Recent:' prefix survive for you?
>> Terry
Yes, for my gmail-account it survives and works.
--
Jesper Kaas - jesperk@neindanke.online.no

Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPad

<rildhi5cqoojuudt8i47ep9ibvebsl01ce@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5340&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5340

From: me@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:58:54 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 13:58 UTC

Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>It is the _Gmail_ account which would have had “recent:”.
>Not the _BT_ account.

That's not what it says in the Gmail instructions Ralph. Nor was that
the way I did it successfully for a (brief) period before. (As did
Jesper I believe.)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/otty2yveaoqr72hw5c0ma/RecentMode.jpg?rlkey=4pnu9cajm0k3i7c514d9nqqvu&raw=1

But there's definitely something going wrong here. Checked Agent
settings just now - and the 'recent' prefix has disappeared yet again!

Perhaps there is some Gmail setting that I have set differently to
Jesper. If so I don't see it mentioned in the instructions.

VERY annoying...

Terry

Re: AGAIN Not receiving email ... IGNORE MY LAST REPLY!

<29mdhittvlipmo5hjohs4rqr6vmort6ut1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5341&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5341

From: me@somewhere.invalid (Terry Pinnell)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: AGAIN Not receiving email ... IGNORE MY LAST REPLY!
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:10:08 +0100
 by: Terry Pinnell - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:10 UTC

Terry Pinnell <me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>

>>It is the _Gmail_ account which would have had “recent:”.
>>Not the _BT_ account.

You are as usual absolutely right, sorry!

I not only mis-read your accurate answer but was also looking in the
wrong place in Agent's servers. On both occasions!

The 'recent' prefix is still in place. So the only remaining question is
why I was not getting my iPad-sent Gmails getting to their BT email
address in Agent's Inbox for some days. I'll do some (more) methodical
tests.

Terry

Re: AGAIN Not receiving email ... IGNORE MY LAST REPLY!

<477ehipgcufde5bgnbjdkj3ovv9f74dtqe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5342&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5342

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 08:11:48 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 19:11 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 15:10:08 +0100, Terry Pinnell wrote:

> So the only remaining question is
> why I was not getting my iPad-sent Gmails getting to their BT email
> address in Agent's Inbox for some days. I'll do some (more) methodical
> tests.

Don’t forget the first three replies in this thread.

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

“Ofte rap reweþ,” quoþ Hendyng.

Re: AGAIN Not receiving email to myself from iPad

<02aehi1jrgqhpdqqnsu1179ioqvr48omkb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5343&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5343

From: jesperk@neitakk.online.no (Jesper Kaas)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2023 21:42:25 +0200
 by: Jesper Kaas - Fri, 29 Sep 2023 19:42 UTC

On Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:58:54 +0100, Terry Pinnell
<me@somewhere.invalid> wrote:

>Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>
>>It is the _Gmail_ account which would have had “recent:”.
>>Not the _BT_ account.
>
>That's not what it says in the Gmail instructions Ralph. Nor was that
>the way I did it successfully for a (brief) period before. (As did
>Jesper I believe.)
No, I have only applied the "recent" to gmail pop. And it works fine.

Best regards
--
Jesper Kaas - jesperk@neindanke.online.no