From: Boris@invalid.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Xnews - Displaying Entire Thread
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2021 20:15:13 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Sun, 4 Jul 2021 20:15 UTC

Running Xnews 5.04.25

Actually, running the 'test' version, which is just the executable. I
originally installed the 5.04.25 full version for years, but had to
reinstall, and choose the test version.

But, now, only on some newsgroups, clicking on a post only gives the latest
Re: post of the original post. I have to click Get Parent to expose all of
the thread's posts, even though I have Storage:headers and articles
enabled.

Any ideas?

Re: Xnews - Displaying Entire Thread

<XnsAD5FB0572C873nilch1@wheedledeedle.moc>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=531&group=news.software.readers#531

From: rednoise9@REMOVETHIScomcast.net (Nil)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Subject: Re: Xnews - Displaying Entire Thread
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 17:20:05 -0400
 by: Nil - Tue, 6 Jul 2021 21:20 UTC

On 04 Jul 2021, Boris <Boris@invalid.invalid> wrote in
news.software.readers:

> Running Xnews 5.04.25
>
> Actually, running the 'test' version, which is just the
> executable. I originally installed the 5.04.25 full version for
> years, but had to reinstall, and choose the test version.
>
> But, now, only on some newsgroups, clicking on a post only gives
> the latest Re: post of the original post. I have to click Get
> Parent to expose all of the thread's posts, even though I have
> Storage:headers and articles enabled.
>
> Any ideas?

Maybe your news service has renumbered their articles. Try doing a
Catchup (F8) and if necessary, re-download the latest X number of
headers (Ctrl+Enter). You might have to do this to every newsgroup, but
try one small misbehaving one first.

Re: Xnews - Displaying Entire Thread

<XnsAD608F92C50AFnospamnospaminvalid@144.76.35.252>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=532&group=news.software.readers#532

From: nospam@nospam.invalid (Boris)
Newsgroups: news.software.readers
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2021 21:06:51 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Boris - Wed, 7 Jul 2021 21:06 UTC

Nil <rednoise9@REMOVETHIScomcast.net> wrote in

> On 04 Jul 2021, Boris <Boris@invalid.invalid> wrote in
> news.software.readers:
>
>> Running Xnews 5.04.25
>>
>> Actually, running the 'test' version, which is just the
>> executable. I originally installed the 5.04.25 full version for
>> years, but had to reinstall, and choose the test version.
>>
>> But, now, only on some newsgroups, clicking on a post only gives
>> the latest Re: post of the original post. I have to click Get
>> Parent to expose all of the thread's posts, even though I have
>> Storage:headers and articles enabled.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Maybe your news service has renumbered their articles. Try doing a
> Catchup (F8) and if necessary, re-download the latest X number of
> headers (Ctrl+Enter). You might have to do this to every newsgroup, but
> try one small misbehaving one first.

Thanks for the reply.

I did try the above, but no luck. It doubled the articles and assigned
each double the same number as the 'original'article. See here:

https://postimg.cc/rd4tYfFh

computers / news.software.readers / Xnews - Displaying Entire Thread