From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: cancelling apn
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:29:34 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Mon, 18 Sep 2023 13:29 UTC

I begin to feel a racket is running now! I have faultlessly paid
every month for years now but since I found I could not get any help
from apn, I cancelled. They have now started billing me on another
account and this morning I am waiting on the phone for seemingly hours
to get that blocked.

They've fallen a long way from what they were originally.

Re: cancelling apn

<m5rhgit34mbp5m45rp80p3pe27k35h3uo2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5289&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5289

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Jim H)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: cancelling apn
Sender: Jim Higgins <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:45:04 +0000
 by: Jim H - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:45 UTC

On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:29:34 -0300, in
<e1kggidj1ns4j3bhd88efvnofkftk28hle@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
wrote:

>I begin to feel a racket is running now! I have faultlessly paid
>every month for years now but since I found I could not get any help
>from apn, I cancelled. They have now started billing me on another
>account and this morning I am waiting on the phone for seemingly hours
>to get that blocked.
>
>They've fallen a long way from what they were originally.

I totally fail to understand why anyone spends hours on the phone
trying to cancel a subscription. If any place makes it that hard to
do, they deserve no courtesy. Contact your bank, credit card company,
whatever they're charging and ask that the charge be taken back and no
more charges be paid. Tell them why... that it's impossible to contact
them to cancel the subscription. You could ask for confirmation that
nothing else will be paid if you want a bit more peace of mind.

However... when we all signed up we were given an acount with link,
username and password.

Here's the link
https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/

I just logged into my account and assume I could cancel it if I wanted
to.
--
Jim H

Re: cancelling apn

<vfvigi9si90erng9s8j95t2jis657fg0t1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5290&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5290

From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 10:58 UTC

On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:45:04 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:29:34 -0300, in
><e1kggidj1ns4j3bhd88efvnofkftk28hle@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
>wrote:
>
>>I begin to feel a racket is running now! I have faultlessly paid
>>every month for years now but since I found I could not get any help
>>from apn, I cancelled. They have now started billing me on another
>>account and this morning I am waiting on the phone for seemingly hours
>>to get that blocked.
>>
>>They've fallen a long way from what they were originally.
>
>I totally fail to understand why anyone spends hours on the phone
>trying to cancel a subscription. If any place makes it that hard to
>do, they deserve no courtesy. Contact your bank, credit card company,
>whatever they're charging and ask that the charge be taken back and no
>more charges be paid. Tell them why... that it's impossible to contact
>them to cancel the subscription. You could ask for confirmation that
>nothing else will be paid if you want a bit more peace of mind.
>
>However... when we all signed up we were given an acount with link,
>username and password.
>
>Here's the link
>https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/
>
>I just logged into my account and assume I could cancel it if I wanted
>to.

I tried that, first for assistance, then when none came and the
service deteriorated further, I tried it to say cancel. Whenever I
messaged I received an almost instant response saying my problem was
being attended to?

They have now had three months payment for no service, so I figure the
only way is to block the payment at my bank, not quite as easy as I
thought it would be :(

Re: cancelling apn

<77cjgi59as7hhcs7pmin19as99ier5tp7v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5291&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5291

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Jim H)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Sender: Jim Higgins <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:40:54 +0000
 by: Jim H - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:40 UTC

On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300, in
<vfvigi9si90erng9s8j95t2jis657fg0t1@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
wrote:

>They have now had three months payment for no service, so I figure the
>only way is to block the payment at my bank, not quite as easy as I
>thought it would be :(

If a phone call to the bank doesn't get it done, visit in person, ask
for written confirmation, and let them know that if one more payment
is made a complaint will go to
FDIC Information and Support Center at
https://ask.fdic.gov/fdicinformationandsupportcenter/s/

Seriously! It's your money and you control it.
--
Jim H

Re: cancelling apn

<k5gjgip6a0ac4hqe3i3357csqtf0f18bn0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5292&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5292

From: BorkedBorg@13of9.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:40:07 -0700
 by: BorkedBorg@13of9.com - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 15:40 UTC

On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:40:54 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300, in
><vfvigi9si90erng9s8j95t2jis657fg0t1@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
>wrote:
>>
>>They have now had three months payment for no service, so I figure the
>>only way is to block the payment at my bank, not quite as easy as I
>>thought it would be :(
>
>If a phone call to the bank doesn't get it done, visit in person, ask
>for written confirmation, and let them know that if one more payment
>is made a complaint will go to
>FDIC Information and Support Center at
>https://ask.fdic.gov/fdicinformationandsupportcenter/s/

Assuming, of course, that you're in the USA.

>Seriously! It's your money and you control it.

Re: cancelling apn

<8kijgitnntguitgdtahbjqtue29if038na@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5294&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5294

From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 13:22:57 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Tue, 19 Sep 2023 16:22 UTC

wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300, in
><vfvigi9si90erng9s8j95t2jis657fg0t1@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
>wrote:
>>
>>They have now had three months payment for no service, so I figure the
>>only way is to block the payment at my bank, not quite as easy as I
>>thought it would be :(
>
>If a phone call to the bank doesn't get it done, visit in person, ask
>for written confirmation, and let them know that if one more payment
>is made a complaint will go to
>FDIC Information and Support Center at
>https://ask.fdic.gov/fdicinformationandsupportcenter/s/
>
>Seriously! It's your money and you control it.

They were billing my RBC Visa card and the most simple way I found was
to 'lock' the card. Will see what happens next month, if need be, the
card can go and I doubt that will make RBC happy.

Re: cancelling apn

<gt4mgiphhddf48skcv8uqqdf7b7vgolocv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5299&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5299

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Jim H)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Sender: Jim Higgins <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:56:58 +0000
 by: Jim H - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:56 UTC

On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:40:07 -0700, in
<k5gjgip6a0ac4hqe3i3357csqtf0f18bn0@4ax.com>, BorkedBorg@13of9.com
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:40:54 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300, in
>><vfvigi9si90erng9s8j95t2jis657fg0t1@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
>>wrote:
>>>
>>>They have now had three months payment for no service, so I figure the
>>>only way is to block the payment at my bank, not quite as easy as I
>>>thought it would be :(
>>
>>If a phone call to the bank doesn't get it done, visit in person, ask
>>for written confirmation, and let them know that if one more payment
>>is made a complaint will go to
>>FDIC Information and Support Center at
>>https://ask.fdic.gov/fdicinformationandsupportcenter/s/
>
>Assuming, of course, that you're in the USA.

Oy vey... then the OP needs to contact the equivalent agency in his
country if his bank or credit card company won't stop paying after he
tells them to stop. It's not rocket science.
--
Jim H

Re: cancelling apn

<6gemgi9876os7tq3hdicsv54s8iq2nt54i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5300&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5300

From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:30:56 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:30 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:56:58 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:40:07 -0700, in
><k5gjgip6a0ac4hqe3i3357csqtf0f18bn0@4ax.com>, BorkedBorg@13of9.com
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:40:54 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300, in
>>><vfvigi9si90erng9s8j95t2jis657fg0t1@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it

>>>If a phone call to the bank doesn't get it done, visit in person, ask
>>>for written confirmation, and let them know that if one more payment
>>>is made a complaint will go to
>>>FDIC Information and Support Center at
>>>https://ask.fdic.gov/fdicinformationandsupportcenter/s/
>>
>>Assuming, of course, that you're in the USA.
>
>Oy vey... then the OP needs to contact the equivalent agency in his
>country if his bank or credit card company won't stop paying after he
>tells them to stop. It's not rocket science.

I believe the credit card companies are actually separate to the banks
but I think my threat of not really needing my Visa card and maybe it
is more simple if I just cancel, is going to work :)

Re: cancelling apn

<5bfmgitmsppmqbb133us5o7apvt73mcds1@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5301&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5301

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:48:33 -0700
 by: Nobody - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 18:48 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:30:56 -0300, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:56:58 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:40:07 -0700, in
>><k5gjgip6a0ac4hqe3i3357csqtf0f18bn0@4ax.com>, BorkedBorg@13of9.com
>>wrote:

>>>Assuming, of course, that you're in the USA.
>>
>>Oy vey... then the OP needs to contact the equivalent agency in his
>>country if his bank or credit card company won't stop paying after he
>>tells them to stop. It's not rocket science.
>
>I believe the credit card companies are actually separate to the banks
>but I think my threat of not really needing my Visa card and maybe it
>is more simple if I just cancel, is going to work :)

If your *RBC* reference in a separate posting is Canadian, then the
Royal Bank of Canada is the issuer of the card.

Visa is a clearinghouse between merchants and the issuer.

Re: cancelling apn

<irkmgi9v5cs7i54ng20vuosr2i9cga20fe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5305&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5305

From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 17:18:35 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 20:18 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:48:33 -0700, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:30:56 -0300, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:56:58 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:40:07 -0700, in
>>><k5gjgip6a0ac4hqe3i3357csqtf0f18bn0@4ax.com>, BorkedBorg@13of9.com

>>>Oy vey... then the OP needs to contact the equivalent agency in his
>>>country if his bank or credit card company won't stop paying after he
>>>tells them to stop. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>I believe the credit card companies are actually separate to the banks
>>but I think my threat of not really needing my Visa card and maybe it
>>is more simple if I just cancel, is going to work :)
>
>If your *RBC* reference in a separate posting is Canadian, then the
>Royal Bank of Canada is the issuer of the card.
>
>Visa is a clearinghouse between merchants and the issuer.

Yes, the bank hands them out, but if you have probs you have to deal
with Visa :(

Re: cancelling apn

<snrmgit7ganc3h3tlbmjsbbr1qcie4tjvg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5306&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5306

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:30:00 -0700
References: <e1kggidj1ns4j3bhd88efvnofkftk28hle@4ax.com> <m5rhgit34mbp5m45rp80p3pe27k35h3uo2@4ax.com> <vfvigi9si90erng9s8j95t2jis657fg0t1@4ax.com> <77cjgi59as7hhcs7pmin19as99ier5tp7v@4ax.com> <k5gjgip6a0ac4hqe3i3357csqtf0f18bn0@4ax.com> <gt4mgiphhddf48skcv8uqqdf7b7vgolocv@4ax.com> <6gemgi9876os7tq3hdicsv54s8iq2nt54i@4ax.com> <5bfmgitmsppmqbb133us5o7apvt73mcds1@4ax.com> <irkmgi9v5cs7i54ng20vuosr2i9cga20fe@4ax.com>
 by: Nobody - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 22:30 UTC

On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 17:18:35 -0300, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:48:33 -0700, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:30:56 -0300, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

>>>I believe the credit card companies are actually separate to the banks
>>>but I think my threat of not really needing my Visa card and maybe it
>>>is more simple if I just cancel, is going to work :)
>>
>>If your *RBC* reference in a separate posting is Canadian, then the
>>Royal Bank of Canada is the issuer of the card.
>>
>>Visa is a clearinghouse between merchants and the issuer.
>
>Yes, the bank hands them out, but if you have probs you have to deal
>with Visa :(

I think you'll find you're dealing with a division of/within RBC.
Their credit card contact number (1-800-769-2512) is in series with
other RBC services.

Ditto for other Canuck banks I deal with. My CIBC Classic Visa (same
number plus three more digits from an original Chargex card of the
late 60's...) is even my on-line banking account access log-in.

And other banks too...