From: ctan-ann@ctan.org (CTAN Announcements)
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
Subject: New on CTAN: darkmode
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2022 09:20:39 +0200
To: ctan-ann@ctan.org
t=1662189651; bh=vEtB0JP00DiCwc1UFIBdLazh9moNH4b9y+aOJWjP58c=;
h=Date:From:To:Subject:From;
b=kEvJo1J2BMR/W86VOixYxXjkh3FpC3aOiRnaR1My3Jk6StJ6Fdu4SdtXUIVwI8hTg
bJhNk4PcVJM1UcLuX7KdtHfLKZH4pUUdAOipBh2ZYVB9i/cehIDm0f4/6heLWCJIy2
R+CN8LJxp6Tnzu3DTWSKgUdKweMBjco16eqIwzSs=
 by: CTAN Announcements - Sat, 3 Sep 2022 07:20 UTC

Ruben Deisenroth submitted the

darkmode

package.

Version: 1.0.1 2022-09-01
License: lppl1.3

Summary description: General Dark Mode Support for LaTeX-Documents

Announcement text:
Hi,
i am happy to finally publish my first LaTeX-Package: darkmode

The darkmode Package provides an API for template and package
developers to create dynamic color schemes for light- and darkmodes.
For those unaware: We refer to dark mode when a document has a dark
background with a light font and to light mode if it has a dark font
with a light background.

Therefore, it provides the following Commands:
\IfDarkModeT{<true code>}
\IfDarkModeF{<false code>}
\IfDarkModeTF{<true code>}{<false code>}
\enabledarkmode
\disabledarkmode
(enabledarkmode and disabledarkmode should only be used at the preamble)

Why?
While for the common task of printing a dark mode has a lot of
disadvantages and would take a lot of ink, theese days it becomes
more and more common to view PDF files directly on a Screen.
And Screens emit a lot of Blue light, which - especially in
the evening - can be really annoying to stare at when working
on a large text document. Also modern displays can get so bright
that a stark black and white contrast is too strong for most
lighting scenarios.

Kind regards,
Ruben

The package’s Catalogue entry can be viewed at
https://ctan.org/pkg/darkmode

The package’s files themselves can be inspected at
https://mirrors.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/darkmode/

Thanks for the upload.

For the CTAN Team
Petra Rübe-Pugliese

CTAN is run entirely by volunteers and supported by TeX user groups.
Please join a user group or donate to one, see https://ctan.org/lugs