From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Out of office
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 10:15:24 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 09:15 UTC

Hi All

Can I have a email saying out of office with Forte agent? Then when I'm back it is all okay

If so how

Many Thanks

Dumb Blond

Re: Out of office

<odrudip8mdl24p4jk66ujecoj159griqe7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5165&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5165

From: not.in.use@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Out of office
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2023 15:19:25 +0200
 by: lisa - Fri, 18 Aug 2023 13:19 UTC

On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 10:15:24 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Can I have a email saying out of office with Forte agent? Then when I'm back it is all okay
>
>If so how

no idea, but I can arrange that by my emai provider.
It has options like absence message start - end periode , subject ,
messsage or forward/redirect mail.

Re: Out of office

<i1o6eitqg4cgg8cadh5qo7n30m69miunq0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5170&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5170

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:05:27 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 13:05 UTC

Hi

Yes I know outlook can do a "out of office" and others

BUT I do not want to move from Agent that is why if some of the tech people on here new how Agent
can do it

Dum Blond

On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 15:19:25 +0200, lisa <not.in.use@invalid.xor> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Aug 2023 10:15:24 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:
>
>>Hi All
>>
>>Can I have a email saying out of office with Forte agent? Then when I'm back it is all okay
>>
>>If so how
>
>no idea, but I can arrange that by my emai provider.
>It has options like absence message start - end periode , subject ,
>messsage or forward/redirect mail.

Re: Out of office

<a597ei923tkvn0gudqnrp9e24o802gcf4k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5173&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5173

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:06:26 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 18:06 UTC

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:05:27 +0100, hope@hope.com declaimed the following:

>Hi
>
>Yes I know outlook can do a "out of office" and others
>
>BUT I do not want to move from Agent that is why if some of the tech people on here new how Agent
>can do it

Agent is primarily designed as a USENET client. Email capability was
tacked on to support "private replies" (the difference between a news
message and an email message is essentially "newsgroup" header vs "to"
header). Auto-replies to Usenet would be highly frowned upon, so I suspect
the idea of someone using Agent as a primary mail client was never
considered.

Re: Out of office

<pem9eiphcatrucsng5sg90puhcq4afkq3p@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5182&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5182

From: psperson@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 08:56:10 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 15:56 UTC

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:06:26 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:05:27 +0100, hope@hope.com declaimed the following:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>Yes I know outlook can do a "out of office" and others
>>
>>BUT I do not want to move from Agent that is why if some of the tech people on here new how Agent
>>can do it
>
> Agent is primarily designed as a USENET client. Email capability was
>tacked on to support "private replies" (the difference between a news
>message and an email message is essentially "newsgroup" header vs "to"
>header). Auto-replies to Usenet would be highly frowned upon, so I suspect
>the idea of someone using Agent as a primary mail client was never
>considered.

Actually, I know of at least one newsgroup that gets, or used to get,
every month, an antiquated FAQ post from some server somewhere that
nobody can stop because only the person who set it up knows where it
is and he has long since vanished.

Note the word "server": this is not done through a client such as
Agent, you are quite right about that.
--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,