From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: apn
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:11:48 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:11 UTC

After all these years, I have reached my limit. Can't even say how
many times I have placed a request for assistance to them and received
immediately, confirmation they received it and will be getting back to
me.

Never happens, nor do my emails requesting that they now stop billing
me for a service I no longer wish to have, in fact the beginning of
August, they had the nerve to bill me twice!!

Perhaps putting this here will draw a response from them, I am
talking to the bank about not allowing another transfer to them.

Re: apn

<25a7ei5koa4spb9saahktfkjhvsr6jl5dk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5174&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5174

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: apn
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2023 14:17:22 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 18:17 UTC

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:11:48 -0300, lucretia@florence.it declaimed the
following:

>Perhaps putting this here will draw a response from them, I am
>talking to the bank about not allowing another transfer to them.

To my knowledge, no one from Forte Inc has ever shown up here except
perhaps to announce a new version of the software.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.1649688,-117.0809386,21z?entry=ttu
"Temporarily closed"

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.1651359,-117.081011,3a,75y,187.64h,93.74t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sJuKbob8mWIA6HJNpbr7yOw!2e0!6shttps:%2F%2Fstreetviewpixels-pa.googleapis.com%2Fv1%2Fthumbnail%3Fpanoid%3DJuKbob8mWIA6HJNpbr7yOw%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D158.96207%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu
If I have the curb numbers aligned, Forte Inc is the house with the red
car, per the contact information on Forte's web site (2223 Bent Tree)

Re: apn

<73d7eipu5kdb779mtou69i0r57phucjnvd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5175&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5175

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:35:56 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 21 Aug 2023 19:35 UTC

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:11:48 -0300, lucretia@florence.it wrote:

> After all these years, I have reached my limit. Can't even say how
> many times I have placed a request for assistance to them and received
> immediately, confirmation they received it and will be getting back to
> me.
>
> Never happens, nor do my emails requesting that they now stop billing
> me for a service I no longer wish to have,

APN FAQ item, "How do I cancel my account?":
<https://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#C0149E9D60D4F32188256D6400630706>

APN Account Manager: <https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/>

If you did not go to APN Account Manager and cancel your account
there, then you should try that first. Before you ask Forté to cancel
your account for you.

If you did go to APN Account Manager and you followed the steps to
cancel your account there, then your post should also say that you
did try this.

> in fact the beginning of
> August, they had the nerve to bill me twice!!

Odd. Did you pick the wrong option in APN Account Manager?

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Re: apn

<186aeitlbfijmjo6k18un0la62nblf3l4b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5187&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5187

From: lucretia@florence.it
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 17:23:43 -0300
 by: lucretia@florence.it - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:23 UTC

On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:35:56 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:11:48 -0300, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>
>> After all these years, I have reached my limit. Can't even say how
>> many times I have placed a request for assistance to them and received
>> immediately, confirmation they received it and will be getting back to
>> me.
>>
>> Never happens, nor do my emails requesting that they now stop billing
>> me for a service I no longer wish to have,
>

>APN FAQ item, "How do I cancel my account?":
><https://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#C0149E9D60D4F32188256D6400630706>
>
>APN Account Manager: <https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/>
>

>If you did not go to APN Account Manager and cancel your account
>there, then you should try that first. Before you ask Forté to cancel
>your account for you.
>
>If you did go to APN Account Manager and you followed the steps to
>cancel your account there, then your post should also say that you
>did try this.
>

>> in fact the beginning of
>> August, they had the nerve to bill me twice!!
>
>Odd. Did you pick the wrong option in APN Account Manager?
>

>> Perhaps putting this here will draw a response from them, I am
>> talking to the bank about not allowing another transfer to them.

I had done the apn acct mgr thingie but there was no indication it
worked. So I will wait til the end of this month and see what
happens.

Too bad you don't run the show Ralph, your advice has always been the
best :)

Re: apn

<1m6aeippvsi851at9d1fbge84baeboqvhj@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5188&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5188

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Jim H)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Sender: Jim Higgins <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:32:29 +0000
 by: Jim H - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:32 UTC

On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:11:48 -0300, in
<nsr6eilckjl3j0abqr4poagll97e475ojq@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
wrote:

>Perhaps putting this here will draw a response from them, I am
>talking to the bank about not allowing another transfer to them.

This is all you need to do to stop anyone from billing you for a
subscription you want to cancel. That's all anyone ever had to do when
AOL was all but impossible to cancel back in the day.
--
Jim H

Re: apn

<ls6aeilmqgtb436gbb9e6tobe9624gdend@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5189&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5189

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Jim H)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Sender: Jim Higgins <invalid@invalid.invalid>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:41:27 +0000
 by: Jim H - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:41 UTC

On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 07:35:56 +1200, in
<73d7eipu5kdb779mtou69i0r57phucjnvd@4ax.com>, Ralph Fox
<-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:11:48 -0300, lucretia@florence.it wrote:
>
>> After all these years, I have reached my limit. Can't even say how
>> many times I have placed a request for assistance to them and received
>> immediately, confirmation they received it and will be getting back to
>> me.
>>
>> Never happens, nor do my emails requesting that they now stop billing
>> me for a service I no longer wish to have,
>

>APN FAQ item, "How do I cancel my account?":
><https://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#C0149E9D60D4F32188256D6400630706>
>
>APN Account Manager: <https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/>
>

>If you did not go to APN Account Manager and cancel your account
>there, then you should try that first. Before you ask Forté to cancel
>your account for you.
>
>If you did go to APN Account Manager and you followed the steps to
>cancel your account there, then your post should also say that you
>did try this.
>

>> in fact the beginning of
>> August, they had the nerve to bill me twice!!
>
>Odd. Did you pick the wrong option in APN Account Manager?
>

>> Perhaps putting this here will draw a response from them, I am
>> talking to the bank about not allowing another transfer to them.

Except APN is essentially Forte. Whether they respond to APN queries
any better than to Forte queries seems TBD.

For sure... if your payment stops Forte will suspend the account
immediately. Anyone who didn't renew their credit card info when it
expired can attest to that. So just cancel any further payments. It's
not like you'll receive a couple months of service you'll be expected
to pay for.

I like Agent and APN and plan to stick with both, but I also don't
think a company that won't respond to legitimate issues needs to be
dealt with any more politely than cancelling further payments if all
you really want to do is unsubscribe from their service.
--
Jim H

Re: apn

<t18aei1fj81o2mjcf5gm06pobq418nn4u3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5190&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5190

From: nanoflower@notforg.m.a.i.l.com (shawn)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2023 16:55:02 -0400
 by: shawn - Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:55 UTC

On Tue, 22 Aug 2023 20:32:29 +0000, Jim H <invalid@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 11:11:48 -0300, in
><nsr6eilckjl3j0abqr4poagll97e475ojq@4ax.com>, lucretia@florence.it
>wrote:
>
>>Perhaps putting this here will draw a response from them, I am
>>talking to the bank about not allowing another transfer to them.
>
>This is all you need to do to stop anyone from billing you for a
>subscription you want to cancel. That's all anyone ever had to do when
>AOL was all but impossible to cancel back in the day.

Yes, I had to call my credit card company back in the day when I found
an AOL charge on my CC (I had never signed up for the service). One
quick call was all it took to get the charge removed and I didn't see
any more. Never had a use for AOL so I wouldn't even give it a trial.