From: rp77469@comcast.net
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Comcast Problems
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 11:44:13 -0500
 by: rp77469@comcast.net - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 16:44 UTC

Everything was working fine last night when I shut down for the
evening. Win10. Agent 8.0 with upgraded protocol demanded by
Comcast.

I answered one email from last night, then tried to d/l headers, but
got this error message..

Error reported by server: -ERR Message 1 expurged.

I then forwarded the message I replied to earlier to myself and got
this (paraphrased) error message...

Refused email for recipient: Not our customer 5.1.1

Appreciate any help from anybody. I log into xfinity email and 15
emails are waiting. I've been using Agent since 0.99c, but am far
from a expert.

Thanks,
Roy

Re: Comcast Problems

<kg8o8itlgohe24onjj4u68qgs1vl5g6f5i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5067&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5067

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Comcast Problems
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 21:52:56 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 09:52 UTC

On Thu, 15 Jun 2023 11:44:13 -0500, rp77469 wrote:

> Subject: Comcast Problems

> Everything was working fine last night when I shut down for the
> evening. Win10. Agent 8.0 with upgraded protocol demanded by
> Comcast.
>
> I answered one email from last night, then tried to d/l headers, but
> got this error message..
>
> Error reported by server: -ERR Message 1 expurged.

That is an error from an inbound email server. I presume you tried
to download emails, not headers (i.e. not newsgroup headers).

A. Possibly this error might happen the same inbound email account
was accessed from Agent and another program/device/webmail at the
same time. Agent uses POP to download emails, and POP is not
designed to handle simultaneous access to the email account from
another program/device/webmail.

Stop all pother email programs while using Agent to retrieve
inbound email. That also means not using webmail at the same
time.

Also ensure that nobody else is accessing your email account.

B. If that doesn't work, you may need to talk to your email provider
(Comcast), or raise a fault with them. If you get that error
when nothing but Agent is accessing your inbound email account,
my guess is something is faulty on their server.

> I then forwarded the message I replied to earlier to myself and got
> this (paraphrased) error message...
>
> Refused email for recipient: Not our customer 5.1.1

Some things to check

1. Was the recipient email address entered correctly?
Check the forwarded email (whether in 'Sent' or 'Outbox').

2. Did the forwarded email try to go out via Comcast's outbound mail
server, or via another outbound mail server? To check, follow
these steps:
2.1 Select the forwarded email (whether in 'Sent' or 'Outbox').
2.2 Use the menu: Action >> New Copy of Email Message
A compose window will open
2.3 On this compose window, use "message >> Properties"
2.4 On the 'Message Properties' pop-up, third down from the
top on the right, what does 'Send Email via' say?

3. If #1 and #2 both check out OK, you may need to talk to
Comcast. This is an error from their server, not from Agent.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

To nawihte ne hopaĆ°, se to hame ne higeĆ°.