From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Deleted post
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 09:04:14 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 08:04 UTC

Hi

In alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent under message list I see all the messages when I press
get new headers.

If I want to see one of the new messages I then click

1.....mark for body retrieval

2.....then click get bodies for marked messages

3....All no problem

4....BUT what I did by mistake I clicked "get new headers in folder"

5....Which then DELETED the message that I wanted.

6....Is there anyway I can get the message back into my folder to see and send a reply to it

Many Thanks

Dumb Blond

Re: Deleted post

<6g1h8i1b2pllvdjuho6o6n2plvo3dmc6ku@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5061&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5061

From: sch@example.invalid (Heinz Schmitz)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Deleted post
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 17:14:53 +0200
 by: Heinz Schmitz - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 15:14 UTC

hope@hope.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>In alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent under message list I see all the messages when I press
>get new headers.
>
>If I want to see one of the new messages I then click
>
>1.....mark for body retrieval
>
>2.....then click get bodies for marked messages
>
>3....All no problem
>
>4....BUT what I did by mistake I clicked "get new headers in folder"
>
>5....Which then DELETED the message that I wanted.
>
>6....Is there anyway I can get the message back into my folder to see and send a reply to it

Check wether you chose "Group" -> "View Messages" -> Show All
Messages".

If yes:

Chose "online" -> "Sample Headers From Selected Groups"
and tell how many messages You want to reload. Agent then
gets the wanted message headers again.

I use Agent 1/93, but I hope, they did not change that much.

Regards,
H.

Re: Deleted post

<kerm7qF2a4kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5062&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5062

From: me@privacy.invalid (s|b)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2023 19:10:24 +0200
 by: s|b - Tue, 13 Jun 2023 17:10 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jun 2023 09:04:14 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

> 4....BUT what I did by mistake I clicked "get new headers in folder"
>
> 5....Which then DELETED the message that I wanted.

Could be that it is marked read and that your view is set to Unread. But
I suspect it is purged. Press F1 for Help > Index > Purging messages.
> 6....Is there anyway I can get the message back into my folder to see and send a reply to it

Action > Get Headers > Sample Recent Headers

(This is what Heinz already suggested.)

--
s|b

Re: Deleted post

<kevd3eFl73aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5063&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5063

From: Amy_Archer-Gilligan@amy.invalid (Amy Archer-Gilligan)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2023 19:58:51 -0700
 by: Amy Archer-Gilligan - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 02:58 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jun 2023 09:04:14 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>In alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent under message list I see all the messages when I press
>get new headers.
>
>If I want to see one of the new messages I then click
>
>1.....mark for body retrieval
>
>2.....then click get bodies for marked messages
>
>3....All no problem
>
>4....BUT what I did by mistake I clicked "get new headers in folder"
>
>5....Which then DELETED the message that I wanted.
>
>6....Is there anyway I can get the message back into my folder to see and send a reply to it
>
>Many Thanks
>
>Dumb Blond

From the menu:
Action => Get Headers => Sample recent headers
Type in 100 and Agent will reget the last 100 headers.

Re: Deleted post

<umbm8i9du8jum2cjosquljn2k9hdsqua17@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5064&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5064

From: psperson@old.netcom.invalid (Paul S Person)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2023 08:36:01 -0700
 by: Paul S Person - Thu, 15 Jun 2023 15:36 UTC

On Tue, 13 Jun 2023 09:04:14 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>In alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent under message list I see all the messages when I press
>get new headers.
>
>If I want to see one of the new messages I then click
>
>1.....mark for body retrieval
>
>2.....then click get bodies for marked messages
>
>3....All no problem
>
>4....BUT what I did by mistake I clicked "get new headers in folder"
>
>5....Which then DELETED the message that I wanted.
>
>6....Is there anyway I can get the message back into my folder to see and send a reply to it
>
>Many Thanks

Others have explained how to get the headers back.

And at least one mentioned "purging". The recovered messages will have
their original date/time on them. Depending on the purge settings,
this may cause some of them, including the one you want, to be removed
when you close Agent.

So you may want to read the one you want before you close agent. Or
mark it with "Keep" (press "K" and note the locked padlock icon) so it
won't be purged.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian