From: garydingle@adam.com.au (Gary Dingle)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Launch Attatchments not working
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 17:01:45 +0930
 by: Gary Dingle - Mon, 29 May 2023 07:31 UTC

Problem started after uninstalling FireFox & re-installing FireFox.

I have a folder "E:/Agent Temp" where attachments are saved.

When I launch an item which is html (not there as an attachment, but
within the email or newsgroup item) it opens FireFox, & 3 tabs open.

Tab 1. Says File not found, Firefox can't find the file at E:/Agent.

Tab 2. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
We can't connect to the server at temp.
Did you mean to go to www.temp.com/html?

Tab 3. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
We can't connect to the server at attachment(1).htm

It almost appears the folder "Agent Temp" having a space in it could
be the cause, but everything was OK before the uninstall & reinstall
of Firefox.

Hoping someone can help with this.
Cheers
Gary

Re: Launch Attatchments not working

<ten87i13rug50aac4jdtgcol8kb562vipt@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5035&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5035

From: garydingle@adam.com.au (Gary Dingle)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Launch Attatchments not working
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 17:42:33 +0930
 by: Gary Dingle - Mon, 29 May 2023 08:12 UTC

Further to my original post, I have noticed that Agent saves to the
folder "Agent Temp" OK, as "html attachment.htm".
Clicking on that, opens in Firefox OK.
Thanks
Gary

On Mon, 29 May 2023 17:01:45 +0930, Gary Dingle
<garydingle@adam.com.au> wrote:

>Problem started after uninstalling FireFox & re-installing FireFox.
>
>I have a folder "E:/Agent Temp" where attachments are saved.
>
>When I launch an item which is html (not there as an attachment, but
>within the email or newsgroup item) it opens FireFox, & 3 tabs open.
>
>Tab 1. Says File not found, Firefox can't find the file at E:/Agent.
>
>Tab 2. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
> We can't connect to the server at temp.
> Did you mean to go to www.temp.com/html?
>
>Tab 3. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
> We can't connect to the server at attachment(1).htm
>
>It almost appears the folder "Agent Temp" having a space in it could
>be the cause, but everything was OK before the uninstall & reinstall
>of Firefox.
>
>Hoping someone can help with this.
>Cheers
>Gary

Re: Launch Attatchments not working

<7lt87i19ela06713sqcc62olm3oom9k2ph@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5036&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5036

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 22:01:11 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 29 May 2023 10:01 UTC

On Mon, 29 May 2023 17:01:45 +0930, Gary Dingle wrote:

> Problem started after uninstalling FireFox & re-installing FireFox.
>
> I have a folder "E:/Agent Temp" where attachments are saved.
>
> When I launch an item which is html (not there as an attachment, but
> within the email or newsgroup item) it opens FireFox, & 3 tabs open.
>
> Tab 1. Says File not found, Firefox can't find the file at E:/Agent.
>
> Tab 2. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
> We can't connect to the server at temp.
> Did you mean to go to www.temp.com/html?
>
> Tab 3. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
> We can't connect to the server at attachment(1).htm
>
> It almost appears the folder "Agent Temp" having a space in it could
> be the cause, but everything was OK before the uninstall & reinstall
> of Firefox.
>
> Hoping someone can help with this.
> Cheers
> Gary

Your simplest fix might be this:

1) In Agent, go to Tools >> Options >> UTL and MIME Settings >> MIME Types
2) In the list of MIME Types, select MIME Type "text/html"
3) In the settings for text/html, change the 'Application' setting
to this including all four quote marks (") shown

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -osint -url "%1"

Make sure to use the correct path to firefox.exe on your computer
(which might not be the same path as mine above).

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_n9k87i__agentmime-types-setting-for-firefox-html.png>

It sounds as if when you uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, something
got removed from the Windows Registry and not put back. That something
is what put the quote marks around HTML file paths containing spaces,
when Agent launched an HTML file.

It is easy enough to include those quote marks in an Agent MIME Types
setting.

Fixing the registry could depend on the version of Windows, Firefox's
installation-specific hash (used to allow multiple Firefox installations),
and maybe a few other things.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

♘♗♔♕♗♘♖♖

Re: Launch Attatchments not working

<vvu87iph5gopdud1caunp8q4mue8olorg2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5037&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5037

From: garydingle@adam.com.au (Gary Dingle)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 19:51:10 +0930
 by: Gary Dingle - Mon, 29 May 2023 10:21 UTC

On Mon, 29 May 2023 22:01:11 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 29 May 2023 17:01:45 +0930, Gary Dingle wrote:
>
>> Problem started after uninstalling FireFox & re-installing FireFox.
>>
>> I have a folder "E:/Agent Temp" where attachments are saved.
>>
>> When I launch an item which is html (not there as an attachment, but
>> within the email or newsgroup item) it opens FireFox, & 3 tabs open.
>>
>> Tab 1. Says File not found, Firefox can't find the file at E:/Agent.
>>
>> Tab 2. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
>> We can't connect to the server at temp.
>> Did you mean to go to www.temp.com/html?
>>
>> Tab 3. Says Server not found. We're having trouble finding that site.
>> We can't connect to the server at attachment(1).htm
>>
>> It almost appears the folder "Agent Temp" having a space in it could
>> be the cause, but everything was OK before the uninstall & reinstall
>> of Firefox.
>>
>> Hoping someone can help with this.
>> Cheers
>> Gary
>

>Your simplest fix might be this:
>
> 1) In Agent, go to Tools >> Options >> UTL and MIME Settings >> MIME Types
> 2) In the list of MIME Types, select MIME Type "text/html"
> 3) In the settings for text/html, change the 'Application' setting
> to this including all four quote marks (") shown
>
> "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -osint -url "%1"
>
> Make sure to use the correct path to firefox.exe on your computer
> (which might not be the same path as mine above).
>
> screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_n9k87i__agentmime-types-setting-for-firefox-html.png>
>

>It sounds as if when you uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, something
>got removed from the Windows Registry and not put back. That something
>is what put the quote marks around HTML file paths containing spaces,
>when Agent launched an HTML file.
>
>It is easy enough to include those quote marks in an Agent MIME Types
>setting.
>
>Fixing the registry could depend on the version of Windows, Firefox's
>installation-specific hash (used to allow multiple Firefox installations),
>and maybe a few other things.

Thanks Ralph, you're a champ!
I plonked that line in the application box & now works.
Thanks again,
Gary

Re: Launch Attatchments not working

<hf3b7il2mcdgm5i1e3pulj5d55ostlbsd3@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5039&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5039

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 17:47:41 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Tue, 30 May 2023 05:47 UTC

On Mon, 29 May 2023 19:51:10 +0930, Gary Dingle wrote:

> Thanks Ralph, you're a champ!
> I plonked that line in the application box & now works.
> Thanks again,
> Gary

You're welcme.