From: spam.spam@distributel.net (james moffat)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Something else to make me go HMMMMMM task manager start time of 1969
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 12:48:04 -0600
 by: james moffat - Wed, 10 May 2023 18:48 UTC

recently. about the last week or so I have been noticing an error in
the task manager:
under completed tasks I am getting lines with :

completed task: is blank
result: Failed
start time: 1969-12-31 5:00:00 PM
duration: 0:00

The amount of these errors popping up seems to have increased each day
slowly to about 20 of them today.
Looking at the log file I am not seeing anything that stands out , but
then again I am not sure what it is that is would be looking for.
anyone seem this before?
any Ideas as to what it is and how to deal with it?
thanks for your time
Me

Re: Something else to make me go HMMMMMM task manager start time of 1969

<kc36euF7ameU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5018&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5018

From: samt@samt.invalid (Sam)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 20:41:16 -0700
 by: Sam - Thu, 11 May 2023 03:41 UTC

On Wed, 10 May 2023 12:48:04 -0600, james moffat
<spam.spam@distributel.net> wrote:

>Looking at the log file I am not seeing anything that stands out , but
>then again I am not sure what it is that is would be looking for.
>anyone seem this before?
>any Ideas as to what it is and how to deal with it?
>thanks for your time
>Me

I don't see that in Agent 8 with the date set to today's date.

Re: Something else to make me go HMMMMMM task manager start time of 1969

<m5vo5i9c5c5lmvs5kduqcsb56f7la4r558@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5019&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5019

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 17:44:32 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Thu, 11 May 2023 05:44 UTC

On Wed, 10 May 2023 12:48:04 -0600, james moffat wrote:

> recently. about the last week or so I have been noticing an error in
> the task manager:
> under completed tasks I am getting lines with :
>
> completed task: is blank
> result: Failed
> start time: 1969-12-31 5:00:00 PM
> duration: 0:00
>
> The amount of these errors popping up seems to have increased each day
> slowly to about 20 of them today.
>
> Looking at the log file I am not seeing anything that stands out , but
> then again I am not sure what it is that is would be looking for.
> anyone seem this before?
> any Ideas as to what it is and how to deal with it?
> thanks for your time
> Me

It looks as if the file tasklog.xml in Agent's data folder is
corrupted (the XML has become malformed). I have had this happen to
me once in the last 2 decades.

The simplest fix would be to delete the tasklog.xml file, but only
while Agent is closed of course. Note that you will also lose all
the current history in the Completed Tasks pane, this way.

If you know something about XML, you could try fixing up the XML in
a text editor. Do this if you want to keep the current history in
the Completed Tasks pane.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

‘Wyt ant wysdom is god warysoun,’ quoþ Hendyng.

Re: Something else to make me go HMMMMMM task manager start time of 1969

<1teq5ihqjifnec0jubnk7o5gp49hc77p3l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5020&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5020

From: spam.spam@distributel.net (james moffat)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 13:03:14 -0600
 by: james moffat - Thu, 11 May 2023 19:03 UTC

On Thu, 11 May 2023 17:44:32 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Wed, 10 May 2023 12:48:04 -0600, james moffat wrote:
>
>> recently. about the last week or so I have been noticing an error in
>> the task manager:
>> under completed tasks I am getting lines with :
>>
>> completed task: is blank
>> result: Failed
>> start time: 1969-12-31 5:00:00 PM
>> duration: 0:00
>>
>> The amount of these errors popping up seems to have increased each day
>> slowly to about 20 of them today.
>>
>> Looking at the log file I am not seeing anything that stands out , but
>> then again I am not sure what it is that is would be looking for.
>> anyone seem this before?
>> any Ideas as to what it is and how to deal with it?
>> thanks for your time
>> Me
>

>It looks as if the file tasklog.xml in Agent's data folder is
>corrupted (the XML has become malformed). I have had this happen to
>me once in the last 2 decades.
>
>The simplest fix would be to delete the tasklog.xml file, but only
>while Agent is closed of course. Note that you will also lose all
>the current history in the Completed Tasks pane, this way.
>
>If you know something about XML, you could try fixing up the XML in
>a text editor. Do this if you want to keep the current history in
>the Completed Tasks pane.

Thanks Ralph. I have deleted the file and will monitor for any more
occurrences.
Me