From: gp@rr.com
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Any using the ARRIS Surfboard S33 with Comcast?
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 06:54:33 -0500
 by: gp@rr.com - Fri, 25 Aug 2023 11:54 UTC

ARRIS - SURFboard S33 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem with 2.5
Gbps Ethernet Port

Is anyone using the above with Comcast/Xfinity? There are lots of
reports in Comcast forums of issues using this and even Comcast's own
modem due to the changes Comcast is making to get faster upload
speeds.

A couple of forums discussions are claiming that the changes to the
"Mid Split" channels is causing dropouts and and slow downs required
frequent modem reboots?

Comcast on my account on the web shows I am suppose to be getting 100
Mbps uploads but in order to get this I have read I have to upgrade my
modem. The Arris S33 on some reviews on Amazon claim the S33 supports
"Mid Split" but one other reviews now claims it will not work with
Comcast?

Re: Any using the ARRIS Surfboard S33 with Comcast?

<il8HM.696811$mPI2.685205@fx15.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=499&group=alt.online-service.comcast#499

Subject: Re: Any using the ARRIS Surfboard S33 with Comcast?
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: fishman102883@amail.domain (The Fish Wisperer)
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2023 17:29:50 -0400
 by: The Fish Wisperer - Mon, 28 Aug 2023 21:29 UTC

gp@rr.com wrote:
> ARRIS - SURFboard S33 32 x 8 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem with 2.5
> Gbps Ethernet Port
>
> Is anyone using the above with Comcast/Xfinity? There are lots of
> reports in Comcast forums of issues using this and even Comcast's own
> modem due to the changes Comcast is making to get faster upload
> speeds.
>
> A couple of forums discussions are claiming that the changes to the
> "Mid Split" channels is causing dropouts and and slow downs required
> frequent modem reboots?
>
> Comcast on my account on the web shows I am suppose to be getting 100
> Mbps uploads but in order to get this I have read I have to upgrade my
> modem. The Arris S33 on some reviews on Amazon claim the S33 supports
> "Mid Split" but one other reviews now claims it will not work with
> Comcast?

Yah, I'm running the S33 but in a small market so really don't expect the speed upgrades for a few years.

1000/40 will have to do for now, that's all the globalist billionaire WEF Blackrock overlords want me to have.