From: samt@samt.invalid (Sam)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Using Mail Submission Port 465 or 587 on AT&T email SMTP server
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:41:55 -0700
 by: Sam - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 03:41 UTC

I went to the AT&T User Account page and created a SECURE MAIL KEY.
The secure Mail key works fine for downloading all email, but if I
attempt to test the SMTP secure submission port 465 or 587 with the
secure mail submission key I receive an error message from Agent 8.0.
Do I need to change something in Agent to get it to work?

TIA.

Re: Using Mail Submission Port 465 or 587 on AT&T email SMTP server

<juq71ilcekbquncbkjfhh1b8j0en30q2r6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4903&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4903

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:26:45 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 04:26 UTC

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:41:55 -0700, Sam wrote:

> I went to the AT&T User Account page and created a SECURE MAIL KEY.
> The secure Mail key works fine for downloading all email, but if I
> attempt to test the SMTP secure submission port 465 or 587 with the
> secure mail submission key I receive an error message from Agent 8.0.
> Do I need to change something in Agent to get it to work?

What is the error message?

Re: Using Mail Submission Port 465 or 587 on AT&T email SMTP server

<k7i9b5Fjs87U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4904&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4904

From: samt@samt.invalid (Sam)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:41:09 -0700
 by: Sam - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 04:41 UTC

On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:26:45 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:41:55 -0700, Sam wrote:
>
>> I went to the AT&T User Account page and created a SECURE MAIL KEY.
>> The secure Mail key works fine for downloading all email, but if I
>> attempt to test the SMTP secure submission port 465 or 587 with the
>> secure mail submission key I receive an error message from Agent 8.0.
>> Do I need to change something in Agent to get it to work?
>
>What is the error message?

Server outbound.att.net refused to accept email from your computer
(Request failed; Mailbox unavailable).

When I login using POP3 and the exact same email address and password
I can retrieve email messages.

Re: Using Mail Submission Port 465 or 587 on AT&T email SMTP server

<k7ia02Fjv4jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4905&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4905

From: samt@samt.invalid (Sam)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:52:18 -0700
 by: Sam - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 04:52 UTC

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:41:09 -0700, Sam <samt@samt.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Mar 2023 17:26:45 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 20:41:55 -0700, Sam wrote:
>>
>>> I went to the AT&T User Account page and created a SECURE MAIL KEY.
>>> The secure Mail key works fine for downloading all email, but if I
>>> attempt to test the SMTP secure submission port 465 or 587 with the
>>> secure mail submission key I receive an error message from Agent 8.0.
>>> Do I need to change something in Agent to get it to work?
>>
>>What is the error message?

> Server outbound.att.net refused to accept email from your computer
> (Request failed; Mailbox unavailable).
>
> When I login using POP3 and the exact same email address and password
>I can retrieve email messages.

I solved this. I used a real email message to send an email and it
worked. I was using TEST connection button in Agent 8 out bound email
setup.

Re: Using Mail Submission Port 465 or 587 on AT&T email SMTP server

<g7781idkhg2mnd6dkkm77u3n28tkvvce7m@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4906&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4906

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 20:55:43 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 17 Mar 2023 07:55 UTC

On Thu, 16 Mar 2023 21:52:18 -0700, Sam wrote:

> I solved this. I used a real email message to send an email and it
> worked. I was using TEST connection button in Agent 8 out bound email
> setup.

Good to hear you solved it.