From: phamp@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: is it me or GIganews?
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 20:27:05 -0800
 by: pyotr filipivich - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 04:27 UTC

I can download all the headers, but if I attempt to post to
alt.binaries.ambient I get the message
"No servers in the access plan carry newsgroup alt.binaries.ambient."

Despite it being listed in the news director. I can even add it a
second time as "alt.binaries.ambient[2]" but still can't post to it.

truly bizarre.
--
pyotr filipivich
"Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring

Re: is it me or GIganews?

<c9ta0ilkksfifhk28gpc1b8g71qcpvqmr0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4876&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4876

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!weretis.net!feeder8.news.weretis.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer03.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer01.ams4!peer.am4.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!tr3.eu1.usenetexpress.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr2.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.26.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!news.giganews.com.POSTED!not-for-mail
From: phamp@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: is it me or GIganews?
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2023 21:10:09 -0800
 by: pyotr filipivich - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 05:10 UTC

pyotr filipivich <phamp@mindspring.com> on Sun, 05 Mar 2023 20:27:05
-0800 typed in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent the following:
>I can download all the headers, but if I attempt to post to
>alt.binaries.ambient I get the message
>"No servers in the access plan carry newsgroup alt.binaries.ambient."
>
>Despite it being listed in the news director. I can even add it a
>second time as "alt.binaries.ambient[2]" but still can't post to it.
>
>truly bizarre.

So update from all three access plans (via giganewss). Okay, port
23 doesn't work. Port 80 wants to download all headers. But I can
post to alt.binaries.ambient ... I'm confused.
Fnord "It just works."
Most of the time.
Except when it doesn't.
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.

Re: is it me or GIganews?

<go1b0ip7qhekrgvslfp54ik3c1mdbma8hv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4877&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4877

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:53:07 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 06:53 UTC

On Sun, 05 Mar 2023 20:27:05 -0800, pyotr filipivich wrote:

> I can download all the headers, but if I attempt to post to
> alt.binaries.ambient I get the message
> "No servers in the access plan carry newsgroup alt.binaries.ambient."
>
> Despite it being listed in the news director. I can even add it a
> second time as "alt.binaries.ambient[2]" but still can't post to it.
>
> truly bizarre.

Fnord. Check the news access plan. Don't just check the newsgroup directory.

1. Select the newsgroup folder.
2. Go to (select folder) >> Folder >> Properties >> News Access Plan.
3. For this error about posting, look on the "Posting Messages" tab.
4. To post, least one server in the "Posting Messages" list must have
_BOTH_ a check-mark at the left (enabled the in news access plan)
AND an asterisk at the right (carries the group).

If the server has no check-mark at the left in your copy of Agent, that
could have been done either in folder properties or in default properties.
There is a news access plan at each level.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

⏿🕶

Re: is it me or GIganews?

<dmvb0ihp9skveseqkrdbsqp0k3p6svd3a2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4878&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4878

From: phamp@mindspring.com (pyotr filipivich)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2023 06:55:56 -0800
 by: pyotr filipivich - Mon, 6 Mar 2023 14:55 UTC

Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> on Mon, 06 Mar 2023 19:53:07 +1300 typed
in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent the following:
>On Sun, 05 Mar 2023 20:27:05 -0800, pyotr filipivich wrote:
>
>> I can download all the headers, but if I attempt to post to
>> alt.binaries.ambient I get the message
>> "No servers in the access plan carry newsgroup alt.binaries.ambient."
>>
>> Despite it being listed in the news director. I can even add it a
>> second time as "alt.binaries.ambient[2]" but still can't post to it.
>>
>> truly bizarre.

>Fnord. Check the news access plan. Don't just check the newsgroup directory.
>
> 1. Select the newsgroup folder.
> 2. Go to (select folder) >> Folder >> Properties >> News Access Plan.
> 3. For this error about posting, look on the "Posting Messages" tab.
> 4. To post, least one server in the "Posting Messages" list must have
> _BOTH_ a check-mark at the left (enabled the in news access plan)
> AND an asterisk at the right (carries the group).
>
>If the server has no check-mark at the left in your copy of Agent, that
>could have been done either in folder properties or in default properties.
>There is a news access plan at each level.

Thanks.

I think I did that.

OTOH, took a couple tries to get your response downloaded.