From: fred@somewhere.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: tools options
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 20:42:15 +0000
 by: fred@somewhere.com - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 20:42 UTC

When you click on tools options and make alterations to them where does agent store them?

I putting agent on three computers and do not want to keep going thru all the tools/options again

I know you can save the agent ini file BUT that would put ALL my pop/smtp settings in as well which
both of them have different ips

So if it is in agent ini file where to look?

Kind Regards

Fred

Re: tools options

<94invhppcbfscscivuvgsnclj1do0qlnib@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4841&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4841

From: arthur@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: tools options
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:05:41 -0500
 by: Arthur T. - Sun, 26 Feb 2023 21:05 UTC

In Message-ID:<dngnvhtpu38neccf87c0md3ina9s8pnjor@4ax.com>,
fred@somewhere.com wrote:

>When you click on tools options and make alterations to them where does agent store them?
>
>I putting agent on three computers and do not want to keep going thru all the tools/options again
<snip>
>I know you can save the agent ini file BUT that would put ALL my pop/smtp settings in as well which
>both of them have different ips
>
>So if it is in agent ini file where to look?

It depends on which options you're changing. If I wanted to do it,
I'd:

1. copy agent.ini
2. make the changes
3. shut down agent
4. run a compare tool, such as EXAMDIFF, to see what changed.

Also, the Agent help describes the ini file in detail.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Re: tools options

<9fcovh5lr5nmim05k721s9i3sbrp1bj9hf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4843&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4843

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 17:52:51 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 04:52 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 20:42:15 +0000, fred@somewhere.com wrote:

> When you click on tools options and make alterations to them where does agent store them?
>
> I putting agent on three computers and do not want to keep going thru all the tools/options again
>
> I know you can save the agent ini file BUT that would put ALL my pop/smtp settings in as well which
> both of them have different ips
>
> So if it is in agent ini file where to look?

Most of the settings under Tools >> Options are in agent.ini.
As you might guess, there is a lot of stuff in agent.in because
Agent has a lot of settings.

The best guide where to look is in the Agent 8 help file at
Help >> Index >> .INI file >> AGENT.INI

--
Kind regards
Ralph

βš™πŸŽšπŸ”˜πŸ”³βΈβΉβ³πŸ”—βŽˆπŸ“œ

Re: tools options

<jtqovhhtdg2m549152gk7v7eunimh813v8@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4844&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4844

From: fred@somewhere.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 08:40:41 +0000
 by: fred@somewhere.com - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 08:40 UTC

On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 16:05:41 -0500, Arthur T. <arthur@munged.invalid> wrote:

>In Message-ID:<dngnvhtpu38neccf87c0md3ina9s8pnjor@4ax.com>,
>fred@somewhere.com wrote:
>
>>When you click on tools options and make alterations to them where does agent store them?
>>
>>I putting agent on three computers and do not want to keep going thru all the tools/options again
> <snip>
>>I know you can save the agent ini file BUT that would put ALL my pop/smtp settings in as well which
>>both of them have different ips
>>
>>So if it is in agent ini file where to look?
>
>It depends on which options you're changing. If I wanted to do it,
>I'd:
>
>1. copy agent.ini
>2. make the changes
>3. shut down agent
>4. run a compare tool, such as EXAMDIFF, to see what changed.
>
>Also, the Agent help describes the ini file in detail.

Hi Arthur

Thank you for getting back to me

That is a great program you gave me the url. I will try it out and let you know how I get on.

Fred

Re: tools options

<r4rovhh3hifq7hnjcmf16bbk4srld0q31v@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4845&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4845

From: fred@somewhere.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2023 08:43:45 +0000
 by: fred@somewhere.com - Mon, 27 Feb 2023 08:43 UTC

On Mon, 27 Feb 2023 17:52:51 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Feb 2023 20:42:15 +0000, fred@somewhere.com wrote:
>
>> When you click on tools options and make alterations to them where does agent store them?
>>
>> I putting agent on three computers and do not want to keep going thru all the tools/options again
>>
>> I know you can save the agent ini file BUT that would put ALL my pop/smtp settings in as well which
>> both of them have different ips
>>
>> So if it is in agent ini file where to look?

>Most of the settings under Tools >> Options are in agent.ini.
>As you might guess, there is a lot of stuff in agent.in because
>Agent has a lot of settings.
>
>The best guide where to look is in the Agent 8 help file at
> Help >> Index >> .INI file >> AGENT.INI

Thank you for the information

Yes there is loads BUT I hope Arthur's program will sort it

Fred