From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: yahoo mail
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:45:43 +0000
 by: hope@hope.com - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:45 UTC

Hi All

Having problem with my yahoo email account

I can get emails all okay on my inbound

BUT cannot send any emails

I know that Yahoo did make it if you are going to use a out side mail program that you had to
generate a app password in your account.

I have that in my incoming mails and all works fine BUT does not send a email

I see that they what ssl in a out side email program BUT what do I set in to in agent ver 8?

It comes back with these faults

1.....yahoo refuses to accept email from your computer mail box unavailable

These are the settings it wants

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 465 or 587
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires TLS - Yes (if available)
Requires authentication - Yes

Any help please

Dum Blond

Re: yahoo mail

<trukvhhetrn1lp1hb2l6bmk7all87gcgsl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4835&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4835

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: yahoo mail
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 21:23:04 +0000
 by: hope@hope.com - Sat, 25 Feb 2023 21:23 UTC

On Sat, 25 Feb 2023 00:45:43 +0000, hope@hope.com wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Having problem with my yahoo email account
>
>I can get emails all okay on my inbound
>
>BUT cannot send any emails
>
>I know that Yahoo did make it if you are going to use a out side mail program that you had to
>generate a app password in your account.
>
>I have that in my incoming mails and all works fine BUT does not send a email
>
>I see that they what ssl in a out side email program BUT what do I set in to in agent ver 8?
>
>It comes back with these faults
>
>1.....yahoo refuses to accept email from your computer mail box unavailable
>
>These are the settings it wants
>
>Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server
>
> Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
> Port - 465 or 587
> Requires SSL - Yes
> Requires TLS - Yes (if available)
> Requires authentication - Yes
>

>Any help please
>
>Dum Blond

It looks like no one get this worked out then

I'm still trying all things BUT just cannot send from Forte Agent

Just hoping some one will have sorted the problem

Dum Blond