From: vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com
Newsgroups: comp.internet.services.google
Subject: Access from bash lynx
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 16:05:50 -0000 (UTC)
 by: vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com - Mon, 2 Aug 2021 16:05 UTC

I've been accessing gmail from lynx.browser.org for a decade, but last
year in the middle of the pandemic they made it impossible

Well, I had stayed logged in html mode from my unix isp but then they logged
me out and wouldn't let me log in

Then they wouldn't let me access my gmail from mailx/nail/imap either
Which I know I did two years earlier. I did it every year to backup my gmail

Now it started with groups all this javascript..

You know, I was a fan of google ten years ago, but I've had it

THose kids have all the newest and fastest connections but don't realise we
have real work with legacy apps and no time for their upgrade treadmill

--
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm

Re: Access from bash lynx

<20211103200522.4e725aec@ryz>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/devel/article-flat.php?id=48&group=comp.internet.services.google#48

From: invalid@invalid.invalid (Marco Moock)
Newsgroups: comp.internet.services.google
Subject: Re: Access from bash lynx
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 20:05:22 +0100
 by: Marco Moock - Wed, 3 Nov 2021 19:05 UTC

Am Mon, 2 Aug 2021 16:05:50 -0000 (UTC)
schrieb vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com:

> Then they wouldn't let me access my gmail from mailx/nail/imap either
I could properly access GMail some days ago via IMAP, but you have to
enable IMAP support in the GMail settings via the Web.