"The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception a necessity." -- Oscar Wilde

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / attachments

SubjectAuthor
* attachmentshope
+- Re: attachmentsKenW
`* Re: attachmentsRalph Fox
 +- Re: attachmentsKenW
 `* Re: attachmentshope
  `* Re: attachmentsRalph Fox
   `* Re: attachmentshope
    `* Re: attachmentsRalph Fox
     `- Re: attachmentshope

1
attachments

<bpvlsh1uu5jusqb288um1jcu3sks60nc15@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4693&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4693

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: attachments
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:06:33 +0000
 by: hope@hope.com - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:06 UTC

Hi All

All of a sudden I cannot add a attachment word doc file

I send it to my hot mail account then view it in forta email
when I go to view the message I could look down the bottom of the email message and see the attached
doc file with no problem
BUT now all I see now is load of junk then my text in the file then further down the page more
rubbish but no attached doc file

I have sent other doc files and the same thing

BUT if I use one of my hot mail account to send it to another hotmail account no problem I read it
my other hotmail account and see the attached file

Kind Regards

Dumb blonde

Re: attachments

<7f1mshl7iroe4u4e816dn03p3qa97f320n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4694&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4694

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: attachments
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 14:22:10 -0700
 by: KenW - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:22 UTC

View > Raw message ?????

>Hi All
>
>All of a sudden I cannot add a attachment word doc file
>
>I send it to my hot mail account then view it in forta email
>when I go to view the message I could look down the bottom of the email message and see the attached
>doc file with no problem
>BUT now all I see now is load of junk then my text in the file then further down the page more
>rubbish but no attached doc file
>
>I have sent other doc files and the same thing
>
>BUT if I use one of my hot mail account to send it to another hotmail account no problem I read it
>my other hotmail account and see the attached file
>

>Kind Regards
>
>Dumb blonde

KenW

Re: attachments

<rt2mshp7mkkc1piqtir314b0l8m14dqo9k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4695&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4695

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 10:50:06 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:50 UTC

On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:06:33 +0000, hope@hope.com wrote:

> Hi All
>
> All of a sudden I cannot add a attachment word doc file
>
> I send it to my hot mail account then view it in forta email
> when I go to view the message I could look down the bottom of the email message and see the attached
> doc file with no problem
> BUT now all I see now is load of junk then my text in the file then further down the page more
> rubbish but no attached doc file
>
> I have sent other doc files and the same thing
>
> BUT if I use one of my hot mail account to send it to another hotmail account no problem I read it
> my other hotmail account and see the attached file

Agent FAQ entry: "Attachments appear as blocks of code instead of as icons."

<https://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#3681E47795B0585285256C1F005A88F1>

Ctrl+R turns "View >> Display as Raw Message" on and off.
You have accidentally turned it on by pressing Ctrl+R.
Turn it off again.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ζητεῖτε καὶ εὑρήσετε

Re: attachments

<434mshla0smjteeobnupta0q3r55do7t68@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4696&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4696

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2023 15:06:59 -0700
 by: KenW - Fri, 20 Jan 2023 22:06 UTC

Finally correct about something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KenW

Re: attachments

<ngbnshp05u66vv4q3gugsuvm9ehvco7l88@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4697&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4697

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:22:36 +0000
 by: hope@hope.com - Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:22 UTC

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 10:50:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:06:33 +0000, hope@hope.com wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> All of a sudden I cannot add a attachment word doc file
>>
>> I send it to my hot mail account then view it in forta email
>> when I go to view the message I could look down the bottom of the email message and see the attached
>> doc file with no problem
>> BUT now all I see now is load of junk then my text in the file then further down the page more
>> rubbish but no attached doc file
>>
>> I have sent other doc files and the same thing
>>
>> BUT if I use one of my hot mail account to send it to another hotmail account no problem I read it
>> my other hotmail account and see the attached file

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 10:50:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>Agent FAQ entry: "Attachments appear as blocks of code instead of as icons."
>
><https://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#3681E47795B0585285256C1F005A88F1>
>
>Ctrl+R turns "View >> Display as Raw Message" on and off.
>You have accidentally turned it on by pressing Ctrl+R.
>Turn it off again.

Hi Ralph/ken

Sorry to say that is one of the first things that I thought I had done BUT no that is okay
So that is not the problem

Dumb Blond

Re: attachments

<an6pshlf5ce9tin2bjfq44skjh2ievrukd@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4698&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4698

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:45:31 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Sun, 22 Jan 2023 02:45 UTC

On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 09:22:36 +0000, hope@hope.com wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 10:50:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>> On Fri, 20 Jan 2023 21:06:33 +0000, hope@hope.com wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> All of a sudden I cannot add a attachment word doc file
>>>
>>> I send it to my hot mail account

Question 1:

Sent from where? Sent from Forté Agent, sent from the Hotmail web
page, or sent from somewhere else (wherever that is)?

Possibly something 'incorrect' was done with the email / attached
doc file when it was sent. Without knowing where it was sent from,
we would not know where to look.

>>> then view it in forta email
>>> when I go to view the message I could look down the bottom of the email message and see the attached
>>> doc file with no problem
>>> BUT now all I see now is load of junk then my text in the file then further down the page more
>>> rubbish but no attached doc file
>>>
>>> I have sent other doc files and the same thing
>>>
>>> BUT if I use one of my hot mail account to send it to another hotmail account no problem I read it
>>> my other hotmail account and see the attached file
>
> On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 10:50:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>

>> Agent FAQ entry: "Attachments appear as blocks of code instead of as icons."
>>
>> <https://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#3681E47795B0585285256C1F005A88F1>
>>
>> Ctrl+R turns "View >> Display as Raw Message" on and off.
>> You have accidentally turned it on by pressing Ctrl+R.
>> Turn it off again.
>

> Hi Ralph/ken
>
> Sorry to say that is one of the first things that I thought I had done BUT no that is okay
> So that is not the problem

Question 2:

2.1 Select that email message which shows loads of junk but no doc
file further down.
2.2 Now go to "Message >> Index".
2.3 In the "Items" box, look for a row which represents the doc
file attachment.
If you find it, then...
2.4 Select the row which represents the doc file attachment.
2.5 Underneath the "Items" box, look at the following values
for the doc file attachment:
(a) Type
(b) Disposition
(c) Encoding

* Is there a row in the "Items" box which represents the doc file
attachment?
* And if so, what are the values for 'Type', 'Disposition', and
'Encoding'?

Question 3:

Go to "Tools >> Options >> URL and MIME Settings >> MIME Types".

In the 'MIME Types' table, how many rows have 'doc' as one of the
extensions?
And what are the 'Type/Subtype' values for each of those rows?

--
Kind regards
Ralph Fox

𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦-𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘪𝘥𝘦; 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢 𝘵𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦;
𝘐𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘢 𝘤𝘰𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦; 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨'𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘮 - 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘴𝘬 𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 !

Re: attachments

<fvpsshpnhejssre7nsqnlhos3o26hact0f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4699&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4699

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:12:11 +0000
 by: hope@hope.com - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:12 UTC

On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:45:31 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>Question 1:
>
> Sent from where? Sent from Forté Agent, sent from the Hotmail web
> page, or sent from somewhere else (wherever that is)?
>
> Possibly something 'incorrect' was done with the email / attached
> doc file when it was sent. Without knowing where it was sent from,
> we would not know where to look.

>> On Sat, 21 Jan 2023 10:50:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>>

>>> Agent FAQ entry: "Attachments appear as blocks of code instead of as icons."
>>>
>>> <https://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#3681E47795B0585285256C1F005A88F1>
>>>
>>> Ctrl+R turns "View >> Display as Raw Message" on and off.
>>> You have accidentally turned it on by pressing Ctrl+R.
>>> Turn it off again.
>>

>> Hi Ralph/ken
>>
>> Sorry to say that is one of the first things that I thought I had done BUT no that is okay
>> So that is not the problem

On Sun, 22 Jan 2023 15:45:31 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>Question 2:
>
> 2.1 Select that email message which shows loads of junk but no doc
> file further down.
> 2.2 Now go to "Message >> Index".
> 2.3 In the "Items" box, look for a row which represents the doc
> file attachment.
> If you find it, then...
> 2.4 Select the row which represents the doc file attachment.
> 2.5 Underneath the "Items" box, look at the following values
> for the doc file attachment:
> (a) Type
> (b) Disposition
> (c) Encoding
>
> * Is there a row in the "Items" box which represents the doc file
> attachment?
> * And if so, what are the values for 'Type', 'Disposition', and
> 'Encoding'?
>

>Question 3:
>
> Go to "Tools >> Options >> URL and MIME Settings >> MIME Types".
>
> In the 'MIME Types' table, how many rows have 'doc' as one of the
> extensions?
> And what are the 'Type/Subtype' values for each of those rows?

Hi Ralph

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you

I have copied the above and pasted it below with my comment hope this is okay
===============================
Reply to the above

Question 1:

Sent from where? Sent from Forte Agent, sent from the Hotmail web
page, or sent from somewhere else (wherever that is)?

Possibly something 'incorrect' was done with the email / attached
doc file when it was sent. Without knowing where it was sent from,
we would not know where to look.

I send it from Forta Agent too my hotmail account
then in the same Forta Agent I have two email accounts one for my main account isp and another isp
is for my hotmail account
I then get my email from both accounts with Forta Agent
I then look in my folder for my hotmail account in Forta Agent
that is when it all goes wrong with no attachment at the bottom all rubbish text etc.

Question 2:

2.1 Select that email message which shows loads of junk but no doc
file further down.
2.2 Now go to "Message >> Index".
2.3 In the "Items" box, look for a row which represents the doc
file attachment.
If you find it, then...
2.4 Select the row which represents the doc file attachment.
2.5 Underneath the "Items" box, look at the following values
for the doc file attachment:

(a) Type that = (text/doc)
(b) Disposition That = (attachment:printer faults.doc)
(c) Encoding That = (base64)

* Is there a row in the "Items" box which represents the doc file
attachment? ( YES)
* And if so, what are the values for 'Type', 'Disposition', and
'Encoding'? ( AS Above)

Question 3:

Go to "Tools >> Options >> URL and MIME Settings >> MIME Types".

In the 'MIME Types' table, how many rows have 'doc' as one of the
extensions? (one only)

And what are the 'Type/Subtype' values for each of those rows? That = (text/doc)

Hope I have got it correct for you.

Kind Regards

Dumb Blond
==================

Re: attachments

<97itshdt8jihits0h19h1ja41jr0nodh96@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4703&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4703

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 07:14:07 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Mon, 23 Jan 2023 18:14 UTC

On Mon, 23 Jan 2023 11:12:11 +0000, hope@hope.com wrote:

> [...]
> file attachment.
> If you find it, then...
> 2.4 Select the row which represents the doc file attachment.
> 2.5 Underneath the "Items" box, look at the following values
> for the doc file attachment:
>
> (a) Type that = (text/doc)
> (b) Disposition That = (attachment:printer faults.doc)
> (c) Encoding That = (base64)
>
> * Is there a row in the "Items" box which represents the doc file
> attachment? ( YES)
> * And if so, what are the values for 'Type', 'Disposition', and
> 'Encoding'? ( AS Above)
>
> Question 3:
>
> Go to "Tools >> Options >> URL and MIME Settings >> MIME Types".
>
> In the 'MIME Types' table, how many rows have 'doc' as one of the
> extensions? (one only)
>
> And what are the 'Type/Subtype' values for each of those rows? That = (text/doc)

Please change the row in Agent's MIME Types table
so the type/subtype is "application/msword" and not "text/doc".
I expect that means you will have to delete the old row with "text/doc"
and add a new row with "application/msword" to replace it.

When you have done this, please test again by sending a NEW message with a
doc file attachment and checking if the new message works properly.

Your old messages which were sent while using the "text/doc" type/subtype
may still have the problem, but new messages sent while using the
"application/msword" type/subtype should work OK.

The correct MIME type/subtype for .doc files is "application/msword".
MIME types with "text/" at the beginning have a special meaning, and
that special meaning does not apply to .doc files. In some cases it
may cause problems using text/[*anything*] for .doc files.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

‪“𐌀𐌖𐌕 𐌖𐌉𐌀𐌑 𐌉𐌍𐌖𐌄𐌍𐌉𐌀𐌑 𐌀𐌖𐌕 𐌅𐌀𐌂𐌉𐌄𐌌.” -- 𐤇𐤍𐤁𐤏𐤋 𐤁𐤓𐤒

Re: attachments

<o5u1thdqlr8csi5p6rl7s60bea8idaj12t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4708&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4708

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023 09:43:43 +0000
 by: hope@hope.com - Wed, 25 Jan 2023 09:43 UTC

On Tue, 24 Jan 2023 07:14:07 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

> [...]

>Please change the row in Agent's MIME Types table
>so the type/subtype is "application/msword" and not "text/doc".
>I expect that means you will have to delete the old row with "text/doc"
>and add a new row with "application/msword" to replace it.
>
>When you have done this, please test again by sending a NEW message with a
>doc file attachment and checking if the new message works properly.
>
>Your old messages which were sent while using the "text/doc" type/subtype
>may still have the problem, but new messages sent while using the
>"application/msword" type/subtype should work OK.
>
>The correct MIME type/subtype for .doc files is "application/msword".
>MIME types with "text/" at the beginning have a special meaning, and
>that special meaning does not apply to .doc files. In some cases it
>may cause problems using text/[*anything*] for .doc files.

ONCE AGAIN you come to the rescue

That was the problem all sorted now

Thank you so much

Got another problem now after messing about with the doc file it will not recognised PDF files

BUT
will make that another post

Dumb blond