From: jj4public@outlook.com (JJ)
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general
Subject: How to use remote user account to locally run local program?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:31:02 +0700
 by: JJ - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 01:31 UTC

I need to run a local program in local PC (call it primary PC) but using a
user account which on a different PC (call it secondary PC) of a local
network.

Running a program using a different user account is normally done using the
"Run as different user" context menu.

But in my case, instead of just typing the user name e.g. "johndoe", I need
to include the computer name e.g. "secondarypc\foobar" or
"192.168.1.10\foobar", where the Domain name display below the password
input box on the "Windows Security" dialog will show the given computer name
as the domain name. i.e. it'll show either "Domain: secondarypc" or "Domain:
192.168.1.20", instead of "Domain: primarypc".

But it fails with an error that the system can not find the user account.

FYI, both PCs (Windows 7 Ultimate) don't have problem accessing each other's
network shares, including accessing the contents of the public folder share.
I know the user name and the password in the secondary PC are both correct.

So, what's wrong here? And how to actually (or properly) use a user account
from a remote PC?