From: not.in.use@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: blocking outgoing email
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:11:02 +0100
 by: lisa - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 14:11 UTC

I unchecked the box enable server for sending email in outbound email
servers. The icon for that server is red coloured.

A sort of safety protection; I need to be sure I check outgoing email
for that account at least twice for errors. Only if I'm sure to send
that email I would check that box for allowing to send that email.
I was surprised when it send an email without blocking it or other
error messages.

Is this a bug or need I enable more settings to avoid unwanted sending
an email to early.

using agent 8.00.32.1272
--

A mobile phone is a tool and not a drug.

Re: blocking outgoing email

<8n4pqhl0dghbvqja7paj05fqdslpk3lf8l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4651&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4651

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: blocking outgoing email
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 08:18:45 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 28 Dec 2022 19:18 UTC

On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:11:02 +0100, lisa wrote:

> I unchecked the box enable server for sending email in outbound email
> servers. The icon for that server is red coloured.
>
> A sort of safety protection; I need to be sure I check outgoing email
> for that account at least twice for errors. Only if I'm sure to send
> that email I would check that box for allowing to send that email.
> I was surprised when it send an email without blocking it or other
> error messages.
>
> Is this a bug or need I enable more settings to avoid unwanted sending
> an email to early.
>
> using agent 8.00.32.1272

A. When I try to send an email but the outbound email server is
disabled, I get the pop-up message shown in this screen-shot:

<http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_k1ioqh9g__agent-tip_-_outbound-email-server-disabled.png>

If you did not get this pop-up, then you may need to do one of
these two things:

(a) Use the menu, Help >> Re-enable All Help Tips

(b) Or (more complicated) with Agent closed, edit AGENT.INI,
and remove the number 12500 from the setting DisabledTips
in the [Misc] section of AGENT.INI.

B. The other possibility is that the email went out via a different
outbound email account.

This might tell:
i) Go to your 'Sent folder, select the sent email, and use the
menu "Action >> New Copy of Email Message".
This will open a compose window with a copy of the sent email.
ii) From the compose window, use the menu "Message >> Properties".
iii) On the Message Properties pop-up, check what it says for
'Send email via' (the third field down on the right).

Recipients in your address book are linked to a persona, and
a persona is linked to an outbound email server. Maybe
this chain lead to a different outbound email server?

--
Kind regards
Ralph

🖆️📧️🛂️📤️🖅️

Re: blocking outgoing email

<oh0rqhdg7al9qa11jhbsdv36perqsms6kr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4655&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4655

From: not.in.use@invalid.xor (lisa)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2022 13:09:21 +0100
 by: lisa - Thu, 29 Dec 2022 12:09 UTC

On Thu, 29 Dec 2022 08:18:45 +1300, Ralph Fox wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:11:02 +0100, lisa wrote:
>
>> I unchecked the box enable server for sending email in outbound email
>> servers. The icon for that server is red coloured.
>> I was surprised when it send an email without blocking it or other
>> error messages.

>A. When I try to send an email but the outbound email server is
> disabled, I get the pop-up message shown in this screen-shot:
>
> <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=26_k1ioqh9g__agent-tip_-_outbound-email-server-disabled.png>

that's the kind of message I hoped to get

> Recipients in your address book are linked to a persona, and
> a persona is linked to an outbound email server. Maybe
> this chain lead to a different outbound email server?

that solved it. Clicking on the 'Send email via' options it told me I
send the email with the correct outbound server, but it had no
username attachted to it. Selecting the one with the correct usename
solved this problem. I get now the same pop-up as you.

An outbound server and an outbound server with a usename attached are
two different things. Sometimes you have to make errors to better
understand your software. My persona need some fine-tuning.
Thank you for your help and knowledge.