Things are not as simple as they seems at first. -- Edward Thorp

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

SubjectAuthor
* No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?Ant
+* No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?Daniel65
|`* No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?Robert
| `* No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?VanguardLH
|  `* No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?Daniel65
|   `* No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?VanguardLH
|    `- No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?Daniel65
+* No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?VanguardLH
|`- No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?Big Al
`- No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?...winston

1
No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<MMydneUIqtP29cr5nZ2dnZfqnPidnZ2d@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=452&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#452

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Subject: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 07 May 2023 08:59:23 +0000
 by: Ant - Sun, 7 May 2023 08:59 UTC

Hello,

I see missing/no episode videos on http://cwtv.com web site like
https://www.cwtv.com/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway/rachel-bloom-2/?play=3c367371-ef34-43ba-b7ec-c784e63bec33
.... Video doesn't show up in both updated Firefox and SeaMonkey web
browsers in my updated, 64-bit W10 Pro PC. Edge v113 was fine. :(

Is anyone else seeing this? Does this web site hate Gecko based web
browsers? :( Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
--
"Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits--who forgives all our sins and heals all our diseases..." --Psalm 103:2-3. Male alates doesn't get coronated 2 B a king. Yay 4 LAL! Boo 2 staying up l8 due to a l8 1.5h nap rite before the slammy wk. ended.
| |o o| |

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<u37tr8$3b5av$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=453&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#453

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 20:17:13 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Sun, 7 May 2023 10:17 UTC

Ant wrote on 7/5/23 6:59 pm:
> Hello,
>
> I see missing/no episode videos on http://cwtv.com web site like
> https://www.cwtv.com/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway/rachel-bloom-2/?play=3c367371-ef34-43ba-b7ec-c784e63bec33
> ... Video doesn't show up in both updated Firefox and SeaMonkey web
> browsers in my updated, 64-bit W10 Pro PC. Edge v113 was fine. :(
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? Does this web site hate Gecko based web
> browsers? :( Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

Sorry! Can't help!

"Due to licensing restrictions this content is only available in the U.S."
--
Daniel

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<1adwr4xingrmi.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=454&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#454

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 07:41:31 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 7 May 2023 12:41 UTC

Ant <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote:

> I see missing/no episode videos on http://cwtv.com web site like
> https://www.cwtv.com/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway/rachel-bloom-2/?play=3c367371-ef34-43ba-b7ec-c784e63bec33
> ... Video doesn't show up in both updated Firefox and SeaMonkey web
> browsers in my updated, 64-bit W10 Pro PC. Edge v113 was fine. :(
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? Does this web site hate Gecko based web
> browsers?

OS: Windows 10 x64 Home 22H2
Web browser: Firefox 112.0.2
Anti-malware: Windows Defender
Location: USA
VPN: No VPN, no proxy

I saw the list of episodes, and they played, but the page took a while
to paint, like maybe 10 seconds. The player frame took the longest to
appear. And that's even with uBlock Origin enabled with my
configuration of it. 36 resources got blocked, and only 12 out of 24
domains were allowed to connect. The counts went up over time. The
videos played for me, and got me laughing.

Have you tried disabling all add-ons, restarting Firefox, and retesting?
Or resetting Firefox which creates a new default profile (no add-ons,
and no config changes in GUI config screens or in about:config)?

Tried temporarily disabling your anti-virus software to remove its
effect on web traffic interception?

I don't have Seamonkey to test with it. No point in testing with
Edge-Chromium since you already said that works for you.

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<u38df3$3dhgf$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=455&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#455

From: Bears@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 10:43:46 -0400
 by: Big Al - Sun, 7 May 2023 14:43 UTC

On 5/7/23 08:41, this is what VanguardLH wrote:
> Tried temporarily disabling your anti-virus software to remove its
> effect on web traffic interception?

If it works in Edge, then probably not defender doing anything. Wouldn't hurt to try, but my guess is, it's not.
--
Al

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<u3940r$3h7d7$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=456&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#456

From: winstonmvp@gmail.com (...winston)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 17:08:40 -0400
 by: ...winston - Sun, 7 May 2023 21:08 UTC

Ant wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I see missing/no episode videos on http://cwtv.com web site like
> https://www.cwtv.com/shows/whose-line-is-it-anyway/rachel-bloom-2/?play=3c367371-ef34-43ba-b7ec-c784e63bec33
> ... Video doesn't show up in both updated Firefox and SeaMonkey web
> browsers in my updated, 64-bit W10 Pro PC. Edge v113 was fine. :(
>
> Is anyone else seeing this? Does this web site hate Gecko based web
> browsers? :( Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

W10 Pro 64 bit

Ditto on SeaMonkey(vid doesn't show up, no play option)

Works fine on FF 112.0.2 and EdgeCr 113.0.1774.35 (both 64 bit)

--
....w¡ñ§±¤ñ

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<kbsau9F5almU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=457&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#457

From: monstoor@spammedia.com (Robert)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 14:14:49 +0100
 by: Robert - Mon, 8 May 2023 13:14 UTC

On 07/05/2023 11:17, Daniel65 wrote:

> Sorry! Can't help!
>
> "Due to licensing restrictions this content is only available in the U.S."

A VPN will fix that problem.

Ta,
--
Rob
"I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<1pyk57obuqcoh$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=458&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#458

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 16:08:41 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Mon, 8 May 2023 21:08 UTC

Robert <monstoor@spammedia.com> wrote:

> Daniel65 wrote:
>
>> Sorry! Can't help!
>> "Due to licensing restrictions this content is only available in the U.S."
>
> A VPN will fix that problem.

As long as the exit node for the VPN isn't in a blacklist. VPN exit
nodes, just like Tor exit nodes, have been mapped, so any site can use a
blacklist to block connections from a VPN exit node. You might get
lucky, and the site is merely using IP geolocation for regional
throttling and without employing blacklists on VPN and Tor exit nodes.

A VPN will slow down your bandwidth. Hops inside their VPN network add
more delay.

https://nordvpn.com/blog/does-vpn-slow-down-internet/

Also, many ISPs are throttling some connections. Already some have
throttled connections to Netflix. The same VPN and Tor maps can be used
to detect you connecting to an entry node. That they could do it
doesn't mean they do it. I can see why the ISPs that sell video/movie
services would want to deter their users from using some other source
for that content. Not sure why any ISP would care about you using a VPN
or Tor network.

The OP is not reporting the lockout, using Edge-Chromium works for him,
so a VPN is unnecessary to the OP, but Daniel might need a VPN, or a
public proxy to effect the same geolocation falsification.

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<u3d54g$7ok3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=459&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#459

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 19:52:16 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 9 May 2023 09:52 UTC

VanguardLH wrote on 9/5/23 7:08 am:
> Robert <monstoor@spammedia.com> wrote:
>
>> Daniel65 wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry! Can't help! "Due to licensing restrictions this content is
>>> only available in the U.S."
>>
>> A VPN will fix that problem.
>
> As long as the exit node for the VPN isn't in a blacklist. VPN exit
> nodes, just like Tor exit nodes, have been mapped, so any site can
> use a blacklist to block connections from a VPN exit node. You might
> get lucky, and the site is merely using IP geolocation for regional
> throttling and without employing blacklists on VPN and Tor exit
> nodes.
>
> A VPN will slow down your bandwidth. Hops inside their VPN network
> add more delay.
>
> https://nordvpn.com/blog/does-vpn-slow-down-internet/
>
> Also, many ISPs are throttling some connections. Already some have
> throttled connections to Netflix. The same VPN and Tor maps can be
> used to detect you connecting to an entry node. That they could do
> it doesn't mean they do it. I can see why the ISPs that sell
> video/movie services would want to deter their users from using some
> other source for that content. Not sure why any ISP would care about
> you using a VPN or Tor network.
>
> The OP is not reporting the lockout, using Edge-Chromium works for
> him, so a VPN is unnecessary to the OP, but Daniel might need a VPN,
> or a public proxy to effect the same geolocation falsification.

"... but Daniel might need a VPN, ..." .... but first I'd need to find a
need for one!! ;-P

(Just trying to help Ant out!)
--
Daniel

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<p3ehaogmpxh0$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=460&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#460

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 05:31:23 -0500
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 9 May 2023 10:31 UTC

Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> Robert <monstoor@spammedia.com> wrote:

>>> A VPN will fix that problem.
>>
>> The OP is not reporting the lockout, using Edge-Chromium works for
>> him, so a VPN is unnecessary to the OP, but Daniel might need a VPN,
>> or a public proxy to effect the same geolocation falsification.
>>
> "... but Daniel might need a VPN, ..." .... but first I'd need to find
> a need for one!! ;-P

Robert responded to you, because you're subject to geofencing at the
website problematic to the OP. If you have no intention of going there,
or never get hit with geofencing, then you don't need a VPN. I don't
use one, either.

If I hit a web site that locks me out due to geolocation, I go somewhere
else. Very rare a site has content that I cannot find elsewhere.

>;-o

Re: No episode videos on http://cwtv.com?

<u3dder$8o93$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=461&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#461

From: daniel47@nomail.afraid.org (Daniel65)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox,alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 22:14:22 +1000
 by: Daniel65 - Tue, 9 May 2023 12:14 UTC

VanguardLH wrote on 9/5/23 8:31 pm:
> Daniel65 <daniel47@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:
>> VanguardLH wrote:

>>> The OP is not reporting the lockout, using Edge-Chromium works
>>> for him, so a VPN is unnecessary to the OP, but Daniel might need
>>> a VPN, or a public proxy to effect the same geolocation
>>> falsification.
>>>
>> "... but Daniel might need a VPN, ..." .... but first I'd need to
>> find a need for one!! ;-P
>
> Robert responded to you, because you're subject to geofencing at the
> website problematic to the OP. If you have no intention of going
> there, or never get hit with geofencing, then you don't need a VPN.
> I don't use one, either.
>
> If I hit a web site that locks me out due to geolocation, I go
> somewhere else. Very rare a site has content that I cannot find
> elsewhere.
>
>> ;-o

That just about sums me up, too. ;-)
--