It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats.

computers / alt.online-service.comcast / Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

SubjectAuthor
* Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fiVanguardLH
`* Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fiBuzz Hoff
 +* Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fiAdam H. Kerman
 |`- Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fiBuzz Hoff
 +- Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fiBizarro Roy
 `* Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fiVanguardLH
  `- Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fiVanguardLH

1
Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

<1n4pvljlb167c$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=441&group=alt.online-service.comcast#441

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 13:14:21 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Sat, 28 Jan 2023 19:14 UTC

Note: You are posting here using Outlook Express. As I recall, it lets
you configure differently how to construct a message for e-mail versus
how for newsgroups. Do not post to newsgroups using HTML. This is a
text newsgroup. Usenet is not an e-mail venue for communication.

Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

<TdjBL.76725$5S78.55794@fx48.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=442&group=alt.online-service.comcast#442

Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: bhoff@roger.datt (Buzz Hoff)
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 19:38:10 -0500
 by: Buzz Hoff - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 00:38 UTC

The year is 2023.

If you have an old text based reader, delete it and install a modern
newsreader capable of HTML.

This line intentionally left blank
VanguardLH wrote:
> Note: You are posting here using Outlook Express. As I recall, it lets
> you configure differently how to construct a message for e-mail versus
> how for newsgroups. Do not post to newsgroups using HTML. This is a
> text newsgroup. Usenet is not an e-mail venue for communication.

Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

<tr4le4$2g189$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=443&group=alt.online-service.comcast#443

From: ahk@chinet.com (Adam H. Kerman)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 02:25:09 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Adam H. Kerman - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 02:25 UTC

Buzz Hoff <bhoff@roger.datt> wrote:

>The year is 2023.

>If you have an old text based reader, delete it and install a modern
>newsreader capable of HTML.

Fuck off --Spam Guy--

>This line intentionally left blank

Boater Dave's skull intentionally emptied

>VanguardLH wrote:

>>Note: You are posting here using Outlook Express. As I recall, it lets
>>you configure differently how to construct a message for e-mail versus
>>how for newsgroups. Do not post to newsgroups using HTML. This is a
>>text newsgroup. Usenet is not an e-mail venue for communication.

Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

<280120232130360927%roy@roy.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=444&group=alt.online-service.comcast#444

From: roy@roy.com (Bizarro Roy)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2023 21:30:36 -0500
 by: Bizarro Roy - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 02:30 UTC

In article <TdjBL.76725$5S78.55794@fx48.iad>, Buzz Hoff
<bhoff@roger.datt> wrote:

> The year is 2023.
>
> If you have an old text based reader, delete it and install a modern
> newsreader capable of HTML.

Usenet is text-based. HTML doesn't belong here.

> VanguardLH wrote:
> > Note: You are posting here using Outlook Express. As I recall, it lets
> > you configure differently how to construct a message for e-mail versus
> > how for newsgroups. Do not post to newsgroups using HTML. This is a
> > text newsgroup. Usenet is not an e-mail venue for communication.

Yes. This. Exactly.

Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

<15kuebmw9abzq.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=445&group=alt.online-service.comcast#445

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 00:04:32 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 06:04 UTC

Note: Buzz's top-posting style was converted to the Usenet netiquette
norm of bottom posting. Again, Usenet is NOT an e-mail venue. E-mail
top posts, by default. Usenet bottom posts.

Buzz Hoff <bhoff@roger.datt> wrote:

> VanguardLH wrote:
>
>> Do not post to newsgroups using HTML. This is a text newsgroup.
>> Usenet is not an e-mail venue for communication.
>
> The year is 2023.

And your version of Forte Agent was released back in 2014. That you
misconfigure for use in newsgroups it is your fault.

Perhaps you should stop using a combination client that does both e-mail
and newsgroups. By using different clients for different communication
venues, you'll learn to distinguish them as NOT the same thing.

> If you have an old text based reader, delete it and install a modern
> newsreader capable of HTML.

This is NOT an HTML newsgroup. Don't post here using HTML regardless of
using an old or new NNTP client. Even "modern" NNTP clients can compose
in text. NNTP is *not* an e-mail protocol. Usenet is not e-mail.

Anyone that continues posting here using HTML (a mental defect
exhibited, for example, by Good Guy who lies about why he uses HTML) is
being rude, and will soon be designated a troll.

Even you managed to post here using text (Content-Type: text/plain) with
your c.2014 "modern" NNTP client. Does Agent not let you separately
configure top- versus bottom-posting based on protocol (i.e.,
differentiate between e-mail and NNTP posting style)? I recall that was
a defect of Outlook Express that not even OE-QuoteFix fixed, but I
thought Agent was a more capable e-mail+newsgroups client. Maybe not.

Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

<QrsBL.472475$iS99.464317@fx16.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=446&group=alt.online-service.comcast#446

Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
From: bhoff@roger.datt (Buzz Hoff)
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 06:07:28 -0500
 by: Buzz Hoff - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 11:07 UTC

Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Buzz Hoff <bhoff@roger.datt> wrote:
>
>> The year is 2023.
>
>> If you have an old text based reader, delete it and install a modern
>> newsreader capable of HTML.
>
> Fuck off --Spam Guy--

Typical ad hominem attack noted.

Re: WhatsApp problem using home wi-fi

<1igyjs93nk2tc$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=447&group=alt.online-service.comcast#447

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2023 15:12:49 -0600
 by: VanguardLH - Sun, 29 Jan 2023 21:12 UTC

Buzz Hoff <bhoff@roger.datt> wrote:

> Can you cite US law regarding use of HTML in newsgroups?
>

> This line intentionally left blank
>
> VanguardLH wrote:
> This is NOT an HTML newsgroup. Don't post here using HTML regardless of
> using an old or new NNTP client. Even "modern" NNTP clients can compose
> in text. NNTP is *not* an e-mail protocol. Usenet is not e-mail.

Yep, we've got a troll. Hasn't a clue the difference between etiquette
and law.