From: pete@never.here
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Follow up to my Problems with e-books problem
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2022 12:53:53 +0100
 by: pete@never.here - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 11:53 UTC

As I said previously I did a new instal of Agent which solved the
problem of missing posting in newsgroup a.b.e-book.

But now when I try to send a message I get the following error
message.

Server NEWS.NEWSHOSTING.COM rejected post to newsgroup(s)
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent: Posting Failed. "From" Header
not in Internet Syntax. E1

AFAICT the server is set up indentically in both installations of
Agent - but obviously not.

What am I missing. Any help appreciated.
--
Pete

Re: Follow up to my Problems with e-books problem

<8od8lh5nm51ica3mf7944gm8g8c49s6drr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4455&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4455

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Follow up to my Problems with e-books problem
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 07:51:02 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 22 Oct 2022 18:51 UTC

On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 12:53:53 +0100, pete@never.here wrote:

> From: pete@never.here

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is your "From:" header in your post here.

> As I said previously I did a new instal of Agent which solved the
> problem of missing posting in newsgroup a.b.e-book.
>
> But now when I try to send a message I get the following error
> message.
>
> Server NEWS.NEWSHOSTING.COM rejected post to newsgroup(s)
> alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent: Posting Failed. "From" Header
> not in Internet Syntax. E1
>
> AFAICT the server is set up indentically in both installations of
> Agent - but obviously not.
>
> What am I missing. Any help appreciated.

But is your "From:" header set up identically in both installations of Agent?
Your "From:" header is *not* in server settings.
Your "From:" header is in the persona's settings at Tools >> Options >> Posting Messages >> Personas.

> As I said previously I did a new instal of Agent which solved the
> problem of missing posting in newsgroup a.b.e-book.

It seems that all the settings in your Agent data folder were wiped,
including persona settings. It this, not installing the .exe, which
solved the problem of missing postings. But it appears to have also
left you without a valid persona.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Ὁ βίος βραχύς, ἡ δὲ τέχνη μακρή
Vita brevis, ars longa
The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne

Re: Follow up to my Problems with e-books problem

<0b1alh99otfmrv777or5gqrqbb0g24athm@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4458&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4458

From: pete@never.here
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 10:19:23 +0100
 by: pete@never.here - Sun, 23 Oct 2022 09:19 UTC

On Sun, 23 Oct 2022 07:51:02 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sat, 22 Oct 2022 12:53:53 +0100, pete@never.here wrote:
>
>> From: pete@never.here
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This is your "From:" header in your post here.
>
>> As I said previously I did a new instal of Agent which solved the
>> problem of missing posting in newsgroup a.b.e-book.
>>
>> But now when I try to send a message I get the following error
>> message.
>>
>> Server NEWS.NEWSHOSTING.COM rejected post to newsgroup(s)
>> alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent: Posting Failed. "From" Header
>> not in Internet Syntax. E1
>>
>> AFAICT the server is set up indentically in both installations of
>> Agent - but obviously not.
>>
>> What am I missing. Any help appreciated.
>

>But is your "From:" header set up identically in both installations of Agent?
>Your "From:" header is *not* in server settings.
>Your "From:" header is in the persona's settings at Tools >> Options >> Posting Messages >> Personas.

Thanks Ralph. Yes, I'd set up the personas as "pete@neverhere" not
"pete@never.here" Missed the full stop out. I hadn't realised the
significance of it.

Thanks again for your help.

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Follow up to my Problems with e-books problem