"Only the hypocrite is really rotten to the core." -- Hannah Arendt.

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Lost Incoming Email Sound

SubjectAuthor
* Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
+* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundRalph Fox
|+* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
||`* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundRalph Fox
|| `* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
||  `- Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
|`* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundThe Horny Goat
| +- Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundArthur T.
| `- Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundSam
+* Re: Lost Incoming Email Soundcroy
|+* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
||`* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundNobody
|| `* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
||  `* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundNobody
||   `* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
||    `* Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundNobody
||     `- Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
|`- Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW
`- Re: Lost Incoming Email SoundKenW

1
Lost Incoming Email Sound

<d10hjh9inal4rksd1hjagcetv7qvd96n28@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4415&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4415

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Lost Incoming Email Sound
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600
 by: KenW - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 18:02 UTC

The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
can check ?

Thanks

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<698hjhtbli6demk9emvabk077667a2be3r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4416&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4416

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:28:06 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 21:28 UTC

On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600, KenW wrote:

> Lost Incoming Email Sound
>
> The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
> can check ?

Are your settings in Agent like this? Or maybe the email arrived already
marked read, perhaps by the server, and have you configured Agent not to
play a sound for emails which arrived marked read?
See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_agent-incoming-email-sound.png>

How large/long was this .wav file? Is it like C:\Windows\media\Ring10.wav
(686 KB, 7 seconds long), or are you wanting Agent to play Beethoven's
Moonlight Sonata? The Windows sndPlaySoundA API used by Agent is intended
for small sound files. It does _not_ work in the same way as a media player
which spools large media files through memory a piece at a time.

Your .wav sound worked OK in what? Windows Media Player?

I suggest using one of the .wav files in C:\Windows\Media, one which
also shows up on the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel, at
"Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Sound >> "Sounds" tab".
But first use the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel to check
that the .wav file works.
See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_test-in-sound-control-panel.png>

Was that a real WAV format file, or just a file with a .wav extension?
For example, did someone rename a .mp3 file to .wav so Agent's WAV file
browse button would find it?

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Agent Unicode Test: ๐„žโ™ฉโ™ชโ™ซโ™ฌ๐…ž๐…Ÿ๐… ๐…ก๐…ข๐…ฃ๐…ค

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<lsghjh1j74ia908f6d6fs3otc192ful096@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4417&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4417

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2022 17:37:38 -0600
 by: KenW - Sat, 1 Oct 2022 23:37 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:28:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600, KenW wrote:
>
>> Lost Incoming Email Sound
>>
>> The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
>> can check ?
>

>Are your settings in Agent like this? Or maybe the email arrived already
>marked read, perhaps by the server, and have you configured Agent not to
>play a sound for emails which arrived marked read?
>See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_agent-incoming-email-sound.png>
>

>How large/long was this .wav file? Is it like C:\Windows\media\Ring10.wav
>(686 KB, 7 seconds long), or are you wanting Agent to play Beethoven's
>Moonlight Sonata? The Windows sndPlaySoundA API used by Agent is intended
>for small sound files. It does _not_ work in the same way as a media player
>which spools large media files through memory a piece at a time.
>
>Your .wav sound worked OK in what? Windows Media Player?
>
>I suggest using one of the .wav files in C:\Windows\Media, one which
>also shows up on the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel, at
>"Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Sound >> "Sounds" tab".
>But first use the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel to check
>that the .wav file works.
>See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_test-in-sound-control-panel.png>
>

>Was that a real WAV format file, or just a file with a .wav extension?
>For example, did someone rename a .mp3 file to .wav so Agent's WAV file
>browse button would find it?

It is not a long file 43kb and it has worked for months and tested ok
with media player. Agent has the setting correct. I even thought of
reinstalling in case Agent has a problem connecting to whatever
actually plays the wav file. The file plays ok in control panel/
sounds. It plays ok with Audacity.
Since I covered everything you posted and all ok what would be your
next test?

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<c7uhjhpkqnqktvod29gbssn1h81o6cf0fg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4418&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4418

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 16:33:55 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 03:33 UTC

On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 17:37:38 -0600, KenW wrote:
> On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:28:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
> wrote:
>> On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600, KenW wrote:
>>
>>> Lost Incoming Email Sound
>>>
>>> The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
>>> can check ?
>>

>> Are your settings in Agent like this? Or maybe the email arrived already
>> marked read, perhaps by the server, and have you configured Agent not to
>> play a sound for emails which arrived marked read?
>> See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_agent-incoming-email-sound.png>
>>

>> How large/long was this .wav file? Is it like C:\Windows\media\Ring10.wav
>> (686 KB, 7 seconds long), or are you wanting Agent to play Beethoven's
>> Moonlight Sonata? The Windows sndPlaySoundA API used by Agent is intended
>> for small sound files. It does _not_ work in the same way as a media player
>> which spools large media files through memory a piece at a time.
>>
>> Your .wav sound worked OK in what? Windows Media Player?
>>
>> I suggest using one of the .wav files in C:\Windows\Media, one which
>> also shows up on the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel, at
>> "Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Sound >> "Sounds" tab".
>> But first use the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel to check
>> that the .wav file works.
>> See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_test-in-sound-control-panel.png>
>>

>> Was that a real WAV format file, or just a file with a .wav extension?
>> For example, did someone rename a .mp3 file to .wav so Agent's WAV file
>> browse button would find it?
>
> It is not a long file 43kb and it has worked for months and tested ok
> with media player. Agent has the setting correct. I even thought of
> reinstalling in case Agent has a problem connecting to whatever
> actually plays the wav file. The file plays ok in control panel/
> sounds. It plays ok with Audacity.
> Since I covered everything you posted and all ok what would be your
> next test?

1. Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter:

[Win 7] Control Panel >> Large Icons >> Troubleshooting >> Hardware and Sound >> Troubleshoot audio playback
[Win10] Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Troubleshoot >> Additional Troubleshooters >> Playing Audio
[Win11] Start >> Settings >> System >> Troubleshoot >> Other trouble-shooters >> Playing Audio

2. Have you done a full reboot since the problem started?
Not a shut down and start up, but this: Start >> Power >> Restart.

3. If your computer has installed Windows Update KB5015878 then see this,
including the part (tab) "Some apps impacted after Windows Update".
<https://www.bing.com/search?q=Audio%20problem%20after%20Windows%20update%20KB5015878&form=B00032&ocid=SettingsHAQ-BingIA>

I only have an incoming email sound configured in my test Agent 2.0, and
that is still working. I do not see KB5015878 in my installed updates.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Liorna manega bec โŠ gehyr monig spell; wite รฐeah hwylcum รพu gelyfan scyle.

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<q42jjh1jqilftlgt20jkarpvsqqmstr0qo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4421&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4421

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 06:55:21 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 12:55 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 16:33:55 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 17:37:38 -0600, KenW wrote:
>> On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:28:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Are your settings in Agent like this? Or maybe the email arrived already
>>> marked read, perhaps by the server, and have you configured Agent not to
>>> play a sound for emails which arrived marked read?
>>> See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_agent-incoming-email-sound.png>
>>>

>>> How large/long was this .wav file? Is it like C:\Windows\media\Ring10.wav
>>> (686 KB, 7 seconds long), or are you wanting Agent to play Beethoven's
>>> Moonlight Sonata? The Windows sndPlaySoundA API used by Agent is intended
>>> for small sound files. It does _not_ work in the same way as a media player
>>> which spools large media files through memory a piece at a time.
>>>
>>> Your .wav sound worked OK in what? Windows Media Player?
>>>
>>> I suggest using one of the .wav files in C:\Windows\Media, one which
>>> also shows up on the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel, at
>>> "Control Panel >> All Control Panel Items >> Sound >> "Sounds" tab".
>>> But first use the "Sounds" tab of the Sound Control Panel to check
>>> that the .wav file works.
>>> See screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_d10hjh_test-in-sound-control-panel.png>
>>>

>>> Was that a real WAV format file, or just a file with a .wav extension?
>>> For example, did someone rename a .mp3 file to .wav so Agent's WAV file
>>> browse button would find it?
>>
>> It is not a long file 43kb and it has worked for months and tested ok
>> with media player. Agent has the setting correct. I even thought of
>> reinstalling in case Agent has a problem connecting to whatever
>> actually plays the wav file. The file plays ok in control panel/
>> sounds. It plays ok with Audacity.
>> Since I covered everything you posted and all ok what would be your
>> next test?
>

>1. Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter:
>
> [Win 7] Control Panel >> Large Icons >> Troubleshooting >> Hardware and Sound >> Troubleshoot audio playback
> [Win10] Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Troubleshoot >> Additional Troubleshooters >> Playing Audio
> [Win11] Start >> Settings >> System >> Troubleshoot >> Other trouble-shooters >> Playing Audio
>

>2. Have you done a full reboot since the problem started?
> Not a shut down and start up, but this: Start >> Power >> Restart.
>

>3. If your computer has installed Windows Update KB5015878 then see this,
> including the part (tab) "Some apps impacted after Windows Update".
> <https://www.bing.com/search?q=Audio%20problem%20after%20Windows%20update%20KB5015878&form=B00032&ocid=SettingsHAQ-BingIA>
>

>I only have an incoming email sound configured in my test Agent 2.0, and
>that is still working. I do not see KB5015878 in my installed updates.
Slowly working through you last info. I do not have KB5015878 and I
have done a full reboot. I did an over the top install, put the data
folder back, but it wants my serial number. It has been quite awhile
since I installed on a new computer, but I remember that putting back
the data folder would take care of the serial number. By the way if it
matters, I am running Win 11, the latest version, and Agent works fine
on my other computers.

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<s6fjjhtie36igf42b358eiofla4a3moe4d@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4424&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4424

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:41:01 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 16:41 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 06:55:21 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 16:33:55 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 17:37:38 -0600, KenW wrote:

>>> It is not a long file 43kb and it has worked for months and tested ok
>>> with media player. Agent has the setting correct. I even thought of
>>> reinstalling in case Agent has a problem connecting to whatever
>>> actually plays the wav file. The file plays ok in control panel/
>>> sounds. It plays ok with Audacity.
>>> Since I covered everything you posted and all ok what would be your
>>> next test?
>>

>>1. Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter:
>>
>> [Win 7] Control Panel >> Large Icons >> Troubleshooting >> Hardware and Sound >> Troubleshoot audio playback
>> [Win10] Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Troubleshoot >> Additional Troubleshooters >> Playing Audio
>> [Win11] Start >> Settings >> System >> Troubleshoot >> Other trouble-shooters >> Playing Audio
>>

>>2. Have you done a full reboot since the problem started?
>> Not a shut down and start up, but this: Start >> Power >> Restart.
>>

>>3. If your computer has installed Windows Update KB5015878 then see this,
>> including the part (tab) "Some apps impacted after Windows Update".
>> <https://www.bing.com/search?q=Audio%20problem%20after%20Windows%20update%20KB5015878&form=B00032&ocid=SettingsHAQ-BingIA>
>>

>>I only have an incoming email sound configured in my test Agent 2.0, and
>>that is still working. I do not see KB5015878 in my installed updates.
>Slowly working through you last info. I do not have KB5015878 and I
>have done a full reboot. I did an over the top install, put the data
>folder back, but it wants my serial number. It has been quite awhile
>since I installed on a new computer, but I remember that putting back
>the data folder would take care of the serial number. By the way if it
>matters, I am running Win 11, the latest version, and Agent works fine
>on my other computers.
>

>KenW
The reinstall changed the shortcut and it is fixed (that is what I
forgot !). The reinstall did not help. I ran the audio troubleshooter
=OK
I wonder if updating to 22H2 caused a problem after a week!
I believe I have done all that you suggested without any luck. I am
going to check if there is a problem with 22H2 on some machines.
Thanks for your help and will wait for any more ideas before I
uninstall Agent. At least I have the data folder so I can get back
everything.

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<6kmjjh5vogipk0qk9ulj1lnagbq3usn3io@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4425&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4425

From: croy@spam.invalid.net (croy)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 11:38:51 -0700
 by: croy - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 18:38 UTC

On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
>can check ?

Have you checked the Windows Volume Mixer, to see if the volume for Agent is way down, or off?

--
croy

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<u7ojjhhkilqkanadeq9aue93au590b8sit@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4426&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4426

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:07:35 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:07 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 11:38:51 -0700, croy <croy@spam.invalid.net>
wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>
>>The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
>>can check ?
>
>Have you checked the Windows Volume Mixer, to see if the volume for Agent is way down, or off?

This is with Win 11 22H2 cannot find volume mixer anywhere or even
mixer. Maybe MS killed it ?

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<llojjhpc5f028o9tv0dmk7jmqc4fs978u5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4427&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4427

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:16:32 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:16 UTC

wrote:

>On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>
>>The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
>>can check ?
>
>Have you checked the Windows Volume Mixer, to see if the volume for Agent is way down, or off?
I found no place for app volume control. Found APP column control, but
nothing for individual apps. You running Win 11? I would have to go to
another machine to see if it is in Win10

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<6mpjjh5aeroel95ola7hlf6diogp3c4hvp@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4428&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4428

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:33:07 -0700
 by: Nobody - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:33 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:07:35 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 11:38:51 -0700, croy <croy@spam.invalid.net>
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 01 Oct 2022 12:02:09 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>>
>>>The .wav sound I put in Agent works ok. Is there some other place I
>>>can check ?
>>
>>Have you checked the Windows Volume Mixer, to see if the volume for Agent is way down, or off?
>
>This is with Win 11 22H2 cannot find volume mixer anywhere or even
>mixer. Maybe MS killed it ?
>

>KenW

Just got updated to 22H2 myself... right clock on Start/MS four box
icon... left click Settings... ditto System... ditto Sound... and
fiddle to your heart's discontent!

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<65qjjhtnc40i413ropblgdlkvj5nfesf8h@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4429&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4429

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:39:17 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:39 UTC

I reinstalled Agent and sound is now working.

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<3rqjjhtoiur0jgfk1a7hcl9q7e1dek7t1i@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4430&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4430

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:50:26 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 19:50 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:33:07 -0700, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:07:35 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 11:38:51 -0700, croy <croy@spam.invalid.net>
>>wrote:

>>>Have you checked the Windows Volume Mixer, to see if the volume for Agent is way down, or off?
>>
>>This is with Win 11 22H2 cannot find volume mixer anywhere or even
>>mixer. Maybe MS killed it ?
>>

>>KenW
>
>Just got updated to 22H2 myself... right clock on Start/MS four box
>icon... left click Settings... ditto System... ditto Sound... and
>fiddle to your heart's discontent!

Not much anything there

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<9grjjh5df42877avor8bc9969l0p7c7f4r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4431&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4431

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:05:20 -0700
 by: Nobody - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 20:05 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:50:26 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 12:33:07 -0700, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 13:07:35 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>>>This is with Win 11 22H2 cannot find volume mixer anywhere or even
>>>mixer. Maybe MS killed it ?
>>>

>>>KenW
>>
>>Just got updated to 22H2 myself... right clock on Start/MS four box
>>icon... left click Settings... ditto System... ditto Sound... and
>>fiddle to your heart's discontent!
>
>Not much anything there
>

>KenW

First, apologies to others for the grossly OT conversation:

Whaddaya mean? There be the Whole Range of controls for audio.

Actually, looking at my taskbar, the speaker icon is still in place
immediately left of time/date... and right-clicking on it has the two
usual prompts: Open volume mixer... and Sound settings. Left click
has things too...

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<800kjh1e9kcemqh9chju397ngvp4fn9d3r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4432&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4432

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 15:20:27 -0600
 by: KenW - Sun, 2 Oct 2022 21:20 UTC

>Actually, looking at my taskbar, the speaker icon is still in place
>immediately left of time/date... and right-clicking on it has the two
>usual prompts: Open volume mixer... and Sound settings. Left click
>has things too...

The mixer has nothing really in there.
Was in it yesterday = no help

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<a7gkjhdfjgd5i51ng053mb0oacglhbtq5f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4433&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4433

From: jock@soccer.com (Nobody)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2022 18:55:43 -0700
 by: Nobody - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 01:55 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 15:20:27 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:

>>Actually, looking at my taskbar, the speaker icon is still in place
>>immediately left of time/date... and right-clicking on it has the two
>>usual prompts: Open volume mixer... and Sound settings. Left click
>>has things too...
>
>The mixer has nothing really in there.
>Was in it yesterday = no help

I give up... figgur it out yerself.

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<u3pljhht51i2r55te9qstvbr1pdbjd6uc4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4434&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4434

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2022 07:33:09 -0600
 by: KenW - Mon, 3 Oct 2022 13:33 UTC

On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 18:55:43 -0700, Nobody <jock@soccer.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 15:20:27 -0600, KenW <ken1943@invalid.net> wrote:
>

>>>Actually, looking at my taskbar, the speaker icon is still in place
>>>immediately left of time/date... and right-clicking on it has the two
>>>usual prompts: Open volume mixer... and Sound settings. Left click
>>>has things too...
>>
>>The mixer has nothing really in there.
>>Was in it yesterday = no help
>
>I give up... figgur it out yerself.
I DID reinstalled Agent FIXED

KenW

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<6mpa6ipa9qi1otrrkj99l06get5gdd5r1b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5029&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5029

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 17 May 2023 16:44:45 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 17 May 2023 23:44 UTC

wrote:

>Was that a real WAV format file, or just a file with a .wav extension?
>For example, did someone rename a .mp3 file to .wav so Agent's WAV file
>browse button would find it?

What's the easiest way to tell the difference? I normally just double
click in Windows Explorer and wait for Winamp to open...

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<75gc6ilmo5uu9dcjks2hqhjsm46jm0dcfu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5030&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5030

From: arthur@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 11:17:58 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Thu, 18 May 2023 15:17 UTC

In Message-ID:<6mpa6ipa9qi1otrrkj99l06get5gdd5r1b@4ax.com>,
The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca> wrote:

>On Sun, 02 Oct 2022 10:28:06 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>wrote:
>
>>Was that a real WAV format file, or just a file with a .wav extension?
>>For example, did someone rename a .mp3 file to .wav so Agent's WAV file
>>browse button would find it?
>>
>What's the easiest way to tell the difference? I normally just double
>click in Windows Explorer and wait for Winamp to open...

EXIFTOOL is a free utility that will tell you a lot about a great
many file types, including what its "real" type is (as opposed to
just its extension). I have no connection with them except as a happy
user.

Their main page is <https://exiftool.org/>.

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Re: Lost Incoming Email Sound

<kd4o6cFjff4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=5031&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#5031

From: samt@samt.invalid (Sam)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:06:18 -0700
 by: Sam - Tue, 23 May 2023 21:06 UTC

On Wed, 17 May 2023 16:44:45 -0700, The Horny Goat <lcraver@home.ca>
wrote:

>Winamp

What your Commodore 64 won't play WAV files?