From: Frank@frank..net (Frank)
Newsgroups: alt.online-service.comcast
Subject: Re: Reminder: Your email application or device may be out of date
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 18:52:37 -0500
 by: Frank - Wed, 11 Jan 2023 23:52 UTC

On 12/14/2022 11:39 AM, Adam H. Kerman wrote:
> Big Al <Bears@invalid.com> wrote:
>> On 12/13/22 19:19, this is what leonard hofstatder wrote:
>
>>> We noticed you're accessing your Comcast.net email through an older
>> email application or device, such as an older
>>> smartphone. Unfortunately, some older devices, operating systems, and
>> email applications don't support current security
>>> protocols and therefore put your data at risk.
>
>>> All test emails: PASS *
>
>>> ---- xfinity-tls-test@alerts.xfinity.com
>>> account 1 = PASS
>>> account 2 = PASS
>>> account 3 = PASS
>>> account 4 - PASS
>>> account 5 = PASS
>>> account 6 = PASS
>>> account 7 = PASS
>>> ----
>
>>> * assuming becuase they all use same outgoing server
>
>> If you're using IMAP, what about Oauth2?
>
> Have you ever seen a generic smartphone email app that makes it straight
> forward to set up IMAP itself, regardless of the need to set up OAuth2
> as well?

Got my first smart phone last year, a Samsung. I already had a Samsung
tablet where I could get email and used this utility to set up my phone:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062998/

Email comes in on my phone under the app under the Samsung app. I can
even log into Facebook on the phone as passwords were carried over.