From: che.te@frega.it (Rado)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: avoid "Re:" from usenet subject reply field
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 18:09:52 +0200
 by: Rado - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 16:09 UTC

hi all

i use forte agent last version

everytime i reply to a usenet message compare in the subject field "Re:"
( stay for reply), than the message don't go with his tread but outside.

i remember i changed an option that add Re: but i cant fint it anymore.

any suggestion ?

thank you
--
Rado

Re: avoid "Re:" from usenet subject reply field

<qdn4hhh4tu04gghuh9nl8htauorh1r2jtg@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4390&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4390

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: avoid "Re:" from usenet subject reply field
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 07:51:52 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 2 Sep 2022 19:51 UTC

On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 18:09:52 +0200, Rado wrote:

> hi all
>
> i use forte agent last version
>
> everytime i reply to a usenet message compare in the subject field "Re:"
> ( stay for reply), than the message don't go with his tread but outside.
>
> i remember i changed an option that add Re: but i cant fint it anymore.
>
> any suggestion ?
>
> thank you

=== #1 ===

If you want the "Re:" in a subject to go in the same thread, then the
setting highlighted in this screen-shot should be set the way it is
shown in this screen-shot. Please note that fixing this setting will
only fix threading for _new_ messages which arrive after you fixed the
setting. This will not fix _old_ messages already in your message list
(because the old message's subject hash was already calculated to be
different when Agent got the message header.)

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_6ea4hhp_1_agent-threading.png>

=== #2 ===

You can stop any subject changes from causing the message to go outside
the thread, by turning off the setting shown in the next screen-shot.
This will work for _old_ messages already in your message list, but
to make it work immediately you also must change the message sort order
and change it back.

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_6ea4hhp_2_agent-threading.png>

--
Kind regards
Ralph

𝐿𝑖𝑣𝑒 π‘’π‘Žπ‘β„Ž π‘‘π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘Žπ‘  𝑖𝑓 𝑖𝑑 π‘€π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘™π‘Žπ‘ π‘‘ - 𝑏𝑒𝑑 π‘π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑏𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑠 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 𝑖𝑛 π‘π‘Žπ‘ π‘’ 𝑖𝑑 𝑖𝑠𝑛'𝑑.

Re: Re: avoid "Re:" from usenet subject reply field

<mo8khhpoikadrh14b741o5go5ec816jkj7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4407&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4407

From: che.te@frega.it (Rado)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Re: avoid "Re:" from usenet subject reply field
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2022 19:17:27 +0200
 by: Rado - Thu, 8 Sep 2022 17:17 UTC

Il Sat, 03 Sep 2022 07:51:52 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> ha
scritto:

>On Fri, 02 Sep 2022 18:09:52 +0200, Rado wrote:
>
>> hi all
>>
>> i use forte agent last version
>>
>> everytime i reply to a usenet message compare in the subject field "Re:"
>> ( stay for reply), than the message don't go with his tread but outside.
>>
>> i remember i changed an option that add Re: but i cant fint it anymore.
>>
>> any suggestion ?
>>
>> thank you
>

>=== #1 ===
>
>If you want the "Re:" in a subject to go in the same thread, then the
>setting highlighted in this screen-shot should be set the way it is
>shown in this screen-shot. Please note that fixing this setting will
>only fix threading for _new_ messages which arrive after you fixed the
>setting. This will not fix _old_ messages already in your message list
>(because the old message's subject hash was already calculated to be
>different when Agent got the message header.)
>
> screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_6ea4hhp_1_agent-threading.png>
>
>=== #2 ===
>
>You can stop any subject changes from causing the message to go outside
>the thread, by turning off the setting shown in the next screen-shot.
>This will work for _old_ messages already in your message list, but
>to make it work immediately you also must change the message sort order
>and change it back.
>
> screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_6ea4hhp_2_agent-threading.png>

i would like to say THANK YOU for your help. it worked ;)

this agent is a great peace of software,

so sad that it is not developed anymore.

thank you again and have a nice day

Rado
--
Rado