From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Get New Messages Automatically
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:32:11 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 13:32 UTC

I'm using Agent 6.0. I'd like it to get new newsgroup messages
automatically every X minutes. I don't think there's a way to do this,
but just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would ask here.

Re: Get New Messages Automatically

<nj6vfhlm7evhspj29kmc53hsrrugdt6c7t@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4360&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4360

From: arthur@munged.invalid (Arthur T.)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Get New Messages Automatically
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 10:32:06 -0400
 by: Arthur T. - Fri, 19 Aug 2022 14:32 UTC

In Message-ID:<624vfhpju5lq14nkvq7s3rg8hf729bnejp@4ax.com>,
Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com> wrote:

>I'm using Agent 6.0. I'd like it to get new newsgroup messages
>automatically every X minutes. I don't think there's a way to do this,
>but just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would ask here.

I'm fairly sure you're right.

But, if you're not afraid of programming and learning new languages,
you might try AutoIt. "AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting
language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general
scripting." You could either have the script running constantly and
popping itself up every x minutes, or have it do one-and-done and pop
it via Windows's scheduler.

Last time I downloaded it, it was from
http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Re: Get New Messages Automatically

<pcn0ghp3la53osfqqcd7nn28ade9kr5mo8@anodyne.nul.which.is.quite.invalid>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4361&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4361

From: gezgin@spamcop.net.which.is.not.quite.invalid (Opinicus)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:08:43 +0300
 by: Opinicus - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 04:08 UTC

On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:32:11 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

> I'm using Agent 6.0. I'd like it to get new newsgroup messages
> automatically every X minutes. I don't think there's a way to do this,
> but just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would ask here.

Without an external script or something, you can't do this in Agent.
Preventing automatic newsgroup message retrieval seems to be a design
feature deliberately hardwired into the program.

--
Bob
The people your parents warned you about

Re: Get New Messages Automatically

<cgp1ghpd8n22vfc5a9ee48sgod8br4i4ku@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4362&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4362

From: Ken@invalid.news.com (Ken Blake)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 06:48:36 -0700
 by: Ken Blake - Sat, 20 Aug 2022 13:48 UTC

On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:08:43 +0300, Opinicus
<gezgin@spamcop.net.which.is.not.quite.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:32:11 -0700, Ken Blake <Ken@invalid.news.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I'm using Agent 6.0. I'd like it to get new newsgroup messages
>> automatically every X minutes. I don't think there's a way to do this,
>> but just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would ask here.
>
>Without an external script or something, you can't do this in Agent.

Thanks. As I thought.