From: clstomper@gmail.com (Still Bud)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Copying to new system
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2022 21:47:35 -0700
 by: Still Bud - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 04:47 UTC

Been too long, but finally got a new system
and want to move Agent to it.

Got the INI file moved, reg and servers are all good, but HOW do I
copy the saved messages to the new system, where are they saved,
exactly??

Re: Copying to new system

<bj0vdhp8nh96lh9lg4pl1fdc0dhbd5ajji@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4327&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4327

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Copying to new system
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2022 18:06:50 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Tue, 26 Jul 2022 06:06 UTC

On Mon, 25 Jul 2022 21:47:35 -0700, Still Bud wrote:

> Been too long, but finally got a new system
> and want to move Agent to it.
>
> Got the INI file moved, reg and servers are all good, but HOW do I
> copy the saved messages to the new system, where are they saved,
> exactly??

The saved messages are in the same directory as the INI file.

Each message folder in Agent with messages in it, corresponds to two
files (an 00xxxxxx.IDX file and a corresponding 00xxxxxx.DAT file)
both in the same directory as the INI file. To identify the two files
for an Agent message folder:
1. Select the folder in Agent's Desks and Folders pane;
2. Go to "Folder >> Properties >> Name and Scheme";
3. Look at the bottom of the panel.
Those two files (.IDX and .DAT) contain all the messages in that folder.

The easiest way to copy the saved messages to the new system, is to copy
the entire data directory across - INI file, DAT files, IDX files,
and other files.

Also see:

Agent FAQ entry: "How do I move Agent to a new location - computer, hard drive, thumb drive?"
<https://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#15453168AAE83AE985256C21004DAABF>

Help file: "Agent's Directories and Files"
Help >> Index >> Agent's directories and data files

--
Kind regards
Ralph

“Whose ȝong lerneþ, olt he ne leseþ,” quoþ Hendyng.

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Copying to new system