From: ijones@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Does gmail work well for you?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 17:50:56 +0200
 by: ijones@jejejeje.it - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 15:50 UTC

Hello, I use Eudora 7.1 and i have some gmail accounts.
I am not able to download my email from 2-3 days.
Yet gmail has always worked well. I can go to the web without problems
but I have an error when I check.
My Eudora has Hermes installed and all other accounts are working
fine. What do you think my problem could be? I am attaching 3 photos
of the problem.
https://i.postimg.cc/k4pKYcRF/gmail.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/8s8y9DfH/gmail2.jpg
https://postimg.cc/BLC1mx1R/519fb67b
Thanks for your help.

Re: Does gmail work well for you?

<f4p1ahp4n0mt4m0sr302fq0kg3j9aot9ho@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=431&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#431

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Subject: Re: Does gmail work well for you?
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 14:05:03 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 18:05 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 17:50:56 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the
following:

>Hello, I use Eudora 7.1 and i have some gmail accounts.
>I am not able to download my email from 2-3 days.

Please fetch and read message threads posted over the last month -- you
will find many threads regarding Google/GMail security changes and how to
resolve the issue.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Does gmail work well for you?

<41r1ahtj6k5aoj8ot93okh4v028aflupvl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=432&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#432

From: ijones@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:41:30 +0200
 by: ijones@jejejeje.it - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 18:41 UTC

> Please fetch and read message threads posted over the last month -- you
>will find many threads regarding Google/GMail security changes and how to
>resolve the issue.

I read those messages but I understood a little.
I ask 2 questions please:
1) Maybe it's time to change Eudora. If I use Pandora or any other
more modern software, do I get the same problem with gmail?
2) Do I have to do the TWO-STEP VERIFICATION and then create a new
automatic password? I can't understand.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Does gmail work well for you?

<3vu1ahp77ladam940o12e1o227mgfomtsv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=433&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#433

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 15:49:54 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 19:49 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:41:30 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the
following:

>1) Maybe it's time to change Eudora. If I use Pandora or any other
>more modern software, do I get the same problem with gmail?

Pandora allows one to specify OAUTH2 authentication as used by Gmail.

>2) Do I have to do the TWO-STEP VERIFICATION and then create a new
>automatic password? I can't understand.

Two-step is required so Gmail can verify that you are the person
authorized to make changes to authentication information. It is authorizing
the WEB PAGE for generating the app password.

You then take that generated password and use it with Eudora (tell
Eudora to forget the password you had been using, it will prompt for the
new one when connecting the first time [if you save passwords in Eudora,
otherwise you wilt have to enter the app password for every session).

My only use for Gmail is a side-effect of having Android phone and Nook
tablets -- they require a Google account for access to Google Play
app-store. It just happens that the Google account is also the Gmail
account (and is one reason Google is getting snippity about not letting
non-Google approved applications to access using the base Google account).

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Does gmail work well for you?

<nk32ah5gurd7rtaetblp9tu0fii8sb7h6n@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=434&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#434

From: ijones@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 23:04:39 +0200
 by: ijones@jejejeje.it - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 21:04 UTC

> Two-step is required so Gmail can verify that you are the person
>authorized to make changes to authentication information. It is authorizing
>the WEB PAGE for generating the app password.

I'm going crazy and I'm getting tremendous anxiety. If you don't help
me I'm forced to replace Eudora, even if I don't want to.
For my account I have activated TWO-STEP VERIFICATION and now I see
written "On" on the page, but I don't know how to go on. I would be
grateful if you would tell me what exactly I need to do now. However,
I inform you that on the Google page under "Your devices" I don't see
Eudora, but I don't know if it must be there.
Thank you if you could tell me the next step. Thank you very much

Re: Does gmail work well for you?

<qv92ah9artqb92pip8gnuundbmog1hhe5b@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=435&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#435

From: ijones@jejejeje.it
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 00:52:32 +0200
 by: ijones@jejejeje.it - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 22:52 UTC

I SOLVED MY PROBLEM WITH GMAIL.
Now everything is OK.
Your suggestion was precious, Thanks you!

Re: Does gmail work well for you?

<5t92aht6ksq5sqn4hrjne0ot5g6f9n8o0j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=436&group=comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows#436

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 18:56:21 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 22:56 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 23:04:39 +0200, ijones@jejejeje.it declaimed the
following:

>I'm going crazy and I'm getting tremendous anxiety. If you don't help
>me I'm forced to replace Eudora, even if I don't want to.
>For my account I have activated TWO-STEP VERIFICATION and now I see
>written "On" on the page, but I don't know how to go on. I would be
>grateful if you would tell me what exactly I need to do now. However,
>I inform you that on the Google page under "Your devices" I don't see
>Eudora, but I don't know if it must be there.
>Thank you if you could tell me the next step. Thank you very much

I wouldn't expect Eudora to show up under "your devices" -- Eudora is
not a Google device. I'd expect Android phones and tablets to show up, and
maybe the host computer that you are running Eudora on.

I can not give you any further details because all I have is Google's
OWN INSTRUCTIONS. I don't use my Google account for email. All my email
accounts in use are part of a paid Earthlink mail-only account (it used to
be a DSL ISP account but when I moved that DSL was not available in the new
location, and I didn't feel like paying Earthlink for a resold ATT u-Verse
ISP service when I already had to pay ATT for a VOIP phone line [POTS
service was not available, hence the lack of plain DSL service] and
DirectTV service -- just bundle the package of all three. I may even have
an ATT email account with all that that I've never configured.