backups: always in season, never out of style.

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Agent Usenet membership

SubjectAuthor
* Agent Usenet membershipfredsdf
+* Re: Agent Usenet membershipDennis Lee Bieber
|+* Re: Agent Usenet membershipfredsdf
||`- Re: Agent Usenet membershipDennis Lee Bieber
|`- Re: Agent Usenet membershipThe Horny Goat
+* Re: Agent Usenet membershipDennis Lee Bieber
|`* Re: Agent Usenet membershipfredsdf
| `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipDennis Lee Bieber
|  `- Re: Agent Usenet membershipfredsdf
`* Re: Agent Usenet membershipRalph Fox
 +* Re: Re: Agent Usenet membershipderaldm
 |+- Re: Agent Usenet membershipRalph Fox
 |`- Re: Agent Usenet membershipDennis Lee Bieber
 `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipfredsdf
  `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipRalph Fox
   +* Re: Agent Usenet membershipfredsdf
   |+* Re: Agent Usenet membershipJoe Gwinn
   ||`* Re: Agent Usenet membershipRalph Fox
   || `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipJoe Gwinn
   ||  `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipRalph Fox
   ||   `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipPuffer Belly
   ||    `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipRalph Fox
   ||     `- Re: Agent Usenet membershipDAN
   |`- Re: Agent Usenet membershipDennis Lee Bieber
   +- Re: Agent Usenet membershipDennis Lee Bieber
   `* Re: Agent Usenet membershipfredsdf
    `- Re: Agent Usenet membershipRalph Fox

Pages:12
Agent Usenet membership

<okes9ht6frk7uctkcc0kslbsnb3lj519mr@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4197&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4197

From: fredsdf@freds.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Agent Usenet membership
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:00:47 +0100
 by: fredsdf@freds.com - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 18:00 UTC

Hi

I have paid and joined the Agent Usenet and used it all okay BUT I have lost the email that they
sent to me when I first JOINED

I cannot get logged into Agent Usenet know as it is not accepting my password etc.

I have been to the Agent Usenet web page and ask for a reset password.

I filled all the details in and it said a " a copy of this web page has been sent to the email" BUT
nothing happens at all no email.

I have done this loads of times BUT still no emails for my details.

I know what you are going to say "how are you posting on here " if you cannot log in
Well I have had to PAY and join with another account to post on here to get some action.

Has Agent Usenet gone bust or what, if so I want my money back

Hoping some one van sort this out

Fred

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<n0ls9h9rurbs3napjfngpe6heetjj3mln2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4198&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4198

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Agent Usenet membership
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 15:37:30 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 19:37 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:00:47 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com declaimed the
following:

>I filled all the details in and it said a " a copy of this web page has been sent to the email" BUT
>nothing happens at all no email.

The closest I see to "details" is a registered user name and an email
address for that user. I can also imagine that both have to match the
records for the account before it will send a reset link. At least, I've
been assuming you refer to https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/password.php
and NOT https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php

>I have done this loads of times BUT still no emails for my details.
>
>I know what you are going to say "how are you posting on here " if you cannot log in
>Well I have had to PAY and join with another account to post on here to get some action.
>
>Has Agent Usenet gone bust or what, if so I want my money back

Forte Internet Software is, for all practical purposes, a one-man
company (the web site still indicates it is an "inc" but that
"incorporation" implies a board of directors, which is likely the owner,
his wife, and maybe a few relatives or friends but the mailing address
implies there is no longer an "inc" involved).

If you hit Google Maps, street view, for the Forte address, you will
find a typical (expensive) southern California home. Two car garage
(apparently used for storage as both cars are photographed in the driveway
-- maybe the garage is "Forte" workspace) with (I suspect) bedrooms on the
second floor.
https://www.google.com/maps/@33.1651391,-117.0809678,3a,37.5y,160.87h,86.03t,1.5r/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPTjVnUkUU-v9st1PBrHhiA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I expect the web site is all automated (so new sales never get seen by
the owner until the payment shows up in his business account). No one knows
how often the owner bothers to check his "business" email.

The contact page does have FAX and voice phone numbers...

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<q0ms9hh1m1blt9uiccon0a0ka07n07k0eo@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4199&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4199

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 15:42:44 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 19:42 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:00:47 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com declaimed the
following:

FYI: you may want to edit your posting persona to change the Organization
header... You aren't

>From: fredsdf@freds.com

an employee of Forte <G>

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<u3ps9hpu8fkqumvv37ueub1o0h0lqpadt7@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4200&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4200

From: fredsdf@freds.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 21:34:31 +0100
 by: fredsdf@freds.com - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 20:34 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 15:37:30 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:00:47 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com declaimed the
>following:
>

>>I filled all the details in and it said a " a copy of this web page has been sent to the email" BUT
>>nothing happens at all no email.

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 15:37:30 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> The closest I see to "details" is a registered user name and an email
>address for that user. I can also imagine that both have to match the
>records for the account before it will send a reset link. At least, I've
>been assuming you refer to https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/password.php
>and NOT https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php
>

>>I have done this loads of times BUT still no emails for my details.
>>
>>I know what you are going to say "how are you posting on here " if you cannot log in
>>Well I have had to PAY and join with another account to post on here to get some action.
>>
>>Has Agent Usenet gone bust or what, if so I want my money back
>>

> Forte Internet Software is, for all practical purposes, a one-man
>company (the web site still indicates it is an "inc" but that
>"incorporation" implies a board of directors, which is likely the owner,
>his wife, and maybe a few relatives or friends but the mailing address
>implies there is no longer an "inc" involved).
>
> If you hit Google Maps, street view, for the Forte address, you will
>find a typical (expensive) southern California home. Two car garage
>(apparently used for storage as both cars are photographed in the driveway
>-- maybe the garage is "Forte" workspace) with (I suspect) bedrooms on the
>second floor.
>https://www.google.com/maps/@33.1651391,-117.0809678,3a,37.5y,160.87h,86.03t,1.5r/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPTjVnUkUU-v9st1PBrHhiA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
>
> I expect the web site is all automated (so new sales never get seen by
>the owner until the payment shows up in his business account). No one knows
>how often the owner bothers to check his "business" email.
>
> The contact page does have FAX and voice phone numbers...

Thank you for getting back to me

>been assuming you refer to https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/password.php
>and NOT https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php

In fact I have filled in both of those and the same thing nothing back from them/him

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<p9ps9h5d1pkn5if8ecvueo4d9d27lq8rc0@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4201&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4201

From: fredsdf@freds.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 21:39:17 +0100
 by: fredsdf@freds.com - Mon, 6 Jun 2022 20:39 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 15:42:44 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:00:47 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com declaimed the
>following:
>

>FYI: you may want to edit your posting persona to change the Organization
>header... You aren't
>
>>From: fredsdf@freds.com
>
>an employee of Forte <G>

>FYI: you may want to edit your posting persona to change the Organization
>header... You aren't

Sorry but I have not got a clue to what you are saying.

So where would I alter that please?

=============================

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<gjht9h5bgqcvfbll9b2ftnh8suka55sq9u@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4202&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4202

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 23:38:54 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 03:38 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 21:39:17 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com declaimed the
following:

>Sorry but I have not got a clue to what you are saying.

I'm saying that all of your posts are going out with that Forte
advertisement for the Organization field.

>So where would I alter that please?

Tools / Options / Posting Messages / Personas

Select the persona, and hit [edit].

There will be a form with a field for providing Organization: data --
probably put in something that doesn't imply any actual company (Mine is:
IISS Elusive Unicorn -- IISS => Imperial Interstellar Scout Service; a type
SN [scout/non-standard] ship from the Traveller/MegaTraveller/Traveller the
New Era role-playing game). Note that there are other things that might be
of interest -- like adding custom headers (Normally those would start with
X-stuff).

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<83it9hp3iso4ch9t249lp8naart2ia2lor@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4203&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4203

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 23:40:22 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 03:40 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 21:34:31 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com declaimed the
following:

>In fact I have filled in both of those and the same thing nothing back from them/him

Well, if you feel really irritated -- you could try the phone number
(or the FAX number).

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<s50u9hdek3ud7sq4ecb1n7prko4dn07pqf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4204&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4204

From: fredsdf@freds.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 08:46:31 +0100
 by: fredsdf@freds.com - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 07:46 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 23:38:54 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> I'm saying that all of your posts are going out with that Forte
>advertisement for the Organization field.
>

>>So where would I alter that please?
>>

> Tools / Options / Posting Messages / Personas
>
> Select the persona, and hit [edit].
>
> There will be a form with a field for providing Organization: data --
>probably put in something that doesn't imply any actual company (Mine is:
>IISS Elusive Unicorn -- IISS => Imperial Interstellar Scout Service; a type
>SN [scout/non-standard] ship from the Traveller/MegaTraveller/Traveller the
>New Era role-playing game). Note that there are other things that might be
>of interest -- like adding custom headers (Normally those would start with
>X-stuff).

Oh I see what you mean, BUT as this is a fake email there is NO PERSONAS for it so do not know how
the organization part gets in

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<29st9h564le1fr0ub2l95aieftmso36877@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4205&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4205

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 19:57:44 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 07:57 UTC

On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:00:47 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com wrote:

> I have paid and joined the Agent Usenet and used it all okay BUT I have lost the email that they
> sent to me when I first JOINED
>
> I cannot get logged into Agent Usenet know as it is not accepting my password etc.
>
> I have been to the Agent Usenet web page and ask for a reset password.
>
> I filled all the details in and it said a " a copy of this web page has been sent to the email" BUT
> nothing happens at all no email.

I used the Agent Usenet support form only a week ago.
<https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php>

I received both the automatic email ("a copy of this web page has been
sent to the email") and, less than 24 hours after, a reply from Ana.

Usual advice
* Log in to your webmail and check the spam folder on the server.
* Make sure you provide a *valid* email address in the support form.
* Make sure your email filters are putting suspected spam into a folder
you can check, rather than deleting the email. Otherwise any false
positives in your filters will cause you to lose genuine emails.
* If you fill in the form too many times, your mail provider might see
the too many emails to you as spam and bin them. Be reasonable.
Wait at least 48 hours before trying a second time, even longer for
a third time.
* It is possible your mail provider is refusing to accept the email
rather than putting it in the spam folder on the server.
Common advice for this is to log into webmail and add the sender
to your address book on the server. You may want to ask your mail
provider whether this actually works with them.

* IMO best provide the same name, email address and account username
that you used to register for the Agent Usenet account needing a
password reset. This is to avoid looking like a phisher trying to
get access to someone else's account.

> I have done this loads of times BUT still no emails for my details.
>
> I know what you are going to say "how are you posting on here " if you cannot log in
> Well I have had to PAY and join with another account to post on here to get some action.
>
> Has Agent Usenet gone bust or what, if so I want my money back

🧌
Your headers say you are posting with an Agent Usenet account.
You would not have been able to use "another account" with Agent Usenet
if they had gone bust.
🤔

> Hoping some one van sort this out

FYI this is a user-to-user group. You are not speaking to
any Forté staff when you post here.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

The glotoun þer he fynt god ale,
he put so muche in ys male,
ne leteþ he for non eye,
so longe he doþ uch mon ryþt,
þat he wendeþ hom by nyþt
ant lyþ ded by þe weye.
Drynke eft lasse ant go by lyhte hom, quoþ Hendyng.

Re: Re: Agent Usenet membership

<8s3v9h96gh0me7c062ifqnlbjbpbnojina@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4206&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4206

From: deraldm@invalid.net
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Re: Agent Usenet membership
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 13:56:54 -0400
 by: deraldm@invalid.net - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 17:56 UTC

Sometime recently you wrote:

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2022 19:00:47 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com wrote:
>
>> I have paid and joined the Agent Usenet and used it all okay BUT I have lost the email that they
>> sent to me when I first JOINED
>>
>> I cannot get logged into Agent Usenet know as it is not accepting my password etc.
>>
>> I have been to the Agent Usenet web page and ask for a reset password.
>>
>> I filled all the details in and it said a " a copy of this web page has been sent to the email" BUT
>> nothing happens at all no email.
>

>I used the Agent Usenet support form only a week ago.
><https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php>
>
>I received both the automatic email ("a copy of this web page has been
>sent to the email") and, less than 24 hours after, a reply from Ana.
>

>Usual advice
> * Log in to your webmail and check the spam folder on the server.
> * Make sure you provide a *valid* email address in the support form.
> * Make sure your email filters are putting suspected spam into a folder
> you can check, rather than deleting the email. Otherwise any false
> positives in your filters will cause you to lose genuine emails.
> * If you fill in the form too many times, your mail provider might see
> the too many emails to you as spam and bin them. Be reasonable.
> Wait at least 48 hours before trying a second time, even longer for
> a third time.
> * It is possible your mail provider is refusing to accept the email
> rather than putting it in the spam folder on the server.
> Common advice for this is to log into webmail and add the sender
> to your address book on the server. You may want to ask your mail
> provider whether this actually works with them.
>
> * IMO best provide the same name, email address and account username
> that you used to register for the Agent Usenet account needing a
> password reset. This is to avoid looking like a phisher trying to
> get access to someone else's account.
>

>> I have done this loads of times BUT still no emails for my details.
>>
>> I know what you are going to say "how are you posting on here " if you cannot log in
>> Well I have had to PAY and join with another account to post on here to get some action.
>>
>> Has Agent Usenet gone bust or what, if so I want my money back
>
>?
>Your headers say you are posting with an Agent Usenet account.
>You would not have been able to use "another account" with Agent Usenet
>if they had gone bust.
>?
>
>> Hoping some one van sort this out
>
>FYI this is a user-to-user group. You are not speaking to
>any Forté staff when you post here.
Alternatively, you might consider ditching this needlessly
complex and barely functional turkey, clearly designed by a commitee
of high-schoolers, and rolling back to an earlier version that
actually works. Personally, I see version 1.92 in my future. Consider
the money to be tuition.
--
Derald
USDA Zone 9b

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<ct5v9hlugk44eoqjq5outscbc78d0601dv@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4207&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4207

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 06:31:50 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 18:31 UTC

On Tue, 07 Jun 2022 13:56:54 -0400, deraldm wrote:

> version 1.92

*** TROLL ALERT ***

This thread was about the news server. Not about the Agent program.

--
„„„
(••)

| __
¿ /o \/
\__/\

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<dsev9hltua7v25l15ea09m703f38imfm9e@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4208&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4208

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 16:58:09 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 20:58 UTC

On Tue, 07 Jun 2022 13:56:54 -0400, deraldm@invalid.net declaimed the
following:

> Alternatively, you might consider ditching this needlessly
>complex and barely functional turkey, clearly designed by a commitee
>of high-schoolers, and rolling back to an earlier version that
>actually works. Personally, I see version 1.92 in my future. Consider
>the money to be tuition.

The OP is not complaining about Forte Agent, of any version. They are
seeking help regarding the Forte USENET SERVER account.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<i7kv9h9o14htdoas24fnsjaqckd793q03q@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4209&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4209

From: fredsdf@freds.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 23:42:06 +0100
 by: fredsdf@freds.com - Tue, 7 Jun 2022 22:42 UTC

On Tue, 07 Jun 2022 19:57:44 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:

>I used the Agent Usenet support form only a week ago.
><https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php>
>
>I received both the automatic email ("a copy of this web page has been
>sent to the email") and, less than 24 hours after, a reply from Ana.
>

>Usual advice
> * Log in to your webmail and check the spam folder on the server.
> * Make sure you provide a *valid* email address in the support form.
> * Make sure your email filters are putting suspected spam into a folder
> you can check, rather than deleting the email. Otherwise any false
> positives in your filters will cause you to lose genuine emails.
> * If you fill in the form too many times, your mail provider might see
> the too many emails to you as spam and bin them. Be reasonable.
> Wait at least 48 hours before trying a second time, even longer for
> a third time.
> * It is possible your mail provider is refusing to accept the email
> rather than putting it in the spam folder on the server.
> Common advice for this is to log into webmail and add the sender
> to your address book on the server. You may want to ask your mail
> provider whether this actually works with them.
>
> * IMO best provide the same name, email address and account username
> that you used to register for the Agent Usenet account needing a
> password reset. This is to avoid looking like a phisher trying to
> get access to someone else's account.
>

>> I have done this loads of times BUT still no emails for my details.
>>
>> I know what you are going to say "how are you posting on here " if you cannot log in
>> Well I have had to PAY and join with another account to post on here to get some action.
>>
>> Has Agent Usenet gone bust or what, if so I want my money back
>
>?
>Your headers say you are posting with an Agent Usenet account.
>You would not have been able to use "another account" with Agent Usenet
>if they had gone bust.
>?
>
>> Hoping some one van sort this out
>
>FYI this is a user-to-user group. You are not speaking to
>any Forté staff when you post here.

Ralph

>I used the Agent Usenet support form only a week ago.
><https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php>
>
>I received both the automatic email ("a copy of this web page has been
>sent to the email") and, less than 24 hours after, a reply from Ana.

I have waited and waited but still no email from them/he

How do you go on IF you cannot fined your USER name and password?

Because that page " https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php" will NOT let you post if you have not
got your user name.

Most places where you have lost your details all they want is your email and name etc

So how the hell do you get your details sent to you so I can STOP that account or log on to it and
cancel this account before they take more money from me?

Or have I got to go to the trouble and cancel my standing order with them ?

Regards

Fred

=====================================

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<t3j0ah9fvlm6e9c1ngp92o0t60p2tvm5h2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4210&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4210

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:21:12 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 08:21 UTC

On Tue, 07 Jun 2022 23:42:06 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com wrote:

> [...]
>
> Ralph
>
>> I used the Agent Usenet support form only a week ago.
>> <https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php>
>>
>> I received both the automatic email ("a copy of this web page has been
>> sent to the email") and, less than 24 hours after, a reply from Ana.
>
> I have waited and waited but still no email from them/he
>
> How do you go on IF you cannot fined your USER name and password?
>
> Because that page " https://www.forteinc.com/contact/apn.php" will NOT let you post if you have not
> got your user name.
>
> Most places where you have lost your details all they want is your email and name etc
>
> So how the hell do you get your details sent to you so I can STOP that account or log on to it and
> cancel this account before they take more money from me?
>
> Or have I got to go to the trouble and cancel my standing order with them ?

Your original post did not say that you had lost your user name, only
your password.

To find your user name, you don't need the email they send you. You
can find your user name in your newsreader, e.g., here in your Agent
(unless you have also lost the whole computer and have no backups).
Your original post did say that you had used Agent Usenet OK, so you
must have set it up on your computer with your Agent Usenet user name.

screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_i7kv9h9o1_account-username-in-agent.gif>

The user name would also be in the AGENT.INI file, next to a word
<Username> in angle brackets [since Agent 3].

Your original post also said you filled all the details in.

If you had instead used some random user name in the form, I suspect
they fed that user name into a password reset program. That might have
reset some other poor beggar's password and possibly automatically
emailed the other poor beggar (not you) at her/his email address in
Agent Usenet Account Manager.

I expect Agent Usenet does not make a lot of money reselling service
from HW Media. Which means these processes will be as automated as
much as possible to avoid costing more money than it makes.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

𒈜 𒅗 𒂵 𒀊 𒍣 𒅗 𒂵 𒀊 𒈜 𒁀 𒂊 𒋧 𒆠

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<khn0ahdc5addl0ti2fgandh8lp09k0toob@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4211&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4211

From: fredsdf@freds.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 10:01:01 +0100
 by: fredsdf@freds.com - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 09:01 UTC

==========================

>Your original post did not say that you had lost your user name, only
>your password.

Yes you are correct , BUT I was just saying if you did not know it (hard drive crash) or something
then you would be stuffed, because it will not let you post if you do not know this

>Your original post also said you filled all the details in.

Yes I did which I did get the user name from agent ini/server accounts as you say
I did know my email that I set it up with as well BUT forgot my password.

So the first and second part is correct.
BUT nothing back from them

I have noted all your comments about the emails etc BUT all is okay with that side.

To test this all out what I did after all the trouble of NOT getting that web page
I put in all the details that I have for this account and put in the details section
"test for email sending back to me "

Up to now NOTHING back from them

So how can I get logged into my first account and cancel the payment to them?

then I can keep this account.

Thank you for sticking with me Ralph over this

Kind Regards

Fred

=====================

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<vre1ahl3it79navumiqougeeg7b6klosg5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4212&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4212

From: joegwinn@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 11:09:47 -0400
 by: Joe Gwinn - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 15:09 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 10:01:01 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com wrote:

> [...]
>then you would be stuffed, because it will not let you post if you do not know this
>
>>Your original post also said you filled all the details in.
>
>Yes I did which I did get the user name from agent ini/server accounts as you say
>I did know my email that I set it up with as well BUT forgot my password.
>
>So the first and second part is correct.
>BUT nothing back from them
>
>I have noted all your comments about the emails etc BUT all is okay with that side.
>
>To test this all out what I did after all the trouble of NOT getting that web page
>I put in all the details that I have for this account and put in the details section
>"test for email sending back to me "
>
>Up to now NOTHING back from them
>
>So how can I get logged into my first account and cancel the payment to them?

Cancel the credit card and I bet they will soon come calling.

Joe Gwinn

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<9ep1ah9dv0c1pdj3i2rq5u86qi6qev2qck@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4213&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4213

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 14:25:47 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 18:25 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 20:21:12 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> declaimed
the following:

>Your original post did not say that you had lost your user name, only
>your password.
>
>To find your user name, you don't need the email they send you. You
>can find your user name in your newsreader, e.g., here in your Agent
>(unless you have also lost the whole computer and have no backups).
>Your original post did say that you had used Agent Usenet OK, so you
>must have set it up on your computer with your Agent Usenet user name.
>
> screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_i7kv9h9o1_account-username-in-agent.gif>
>
>The user name would also be in the AGENT.INI file, next to a word
><Username> in angle brackets [since Agent 3].

And if the password had been set to "Remember..." it would be an
encrypted (?) line just below that in the AGENT.INI file. Unfortunately I'm
unable to reverse that using any of base64, uue, etc. conversions so it is
no help in recovery.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<ggq1ahh200ovhnnm2mavijq2rhtl8vk1au@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4214&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4214

From: wlfraed@ix.netcom.com (Dennis Lee Bieber)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 14:31:44 -0400
 by: Dennis Lee Bieber - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 18:31 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 10:01:01 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com declaimed the
following:

>I have noted all your comments about the emails etc BUT all is okay with that side.
>
>To test this all out what I did after all the trouble of NOT getting that web page
>I put in all the details that I have for this account and put in the details section
>"test for email sending back to me "
>
>Up to now NOTHING back from them

Up to now your posts seem to be focused on the "contact with question"
web page.

Have you TRIED the RESET PASSWORD web page.

Have you tried the contact PHONE NUMBER or sent a FAX to the provided
FAX number?

At the worst, have your tried sending snail mail to the
contact/business address listed for Forte? This may take a month or so
before you conclude they ignored it.

>So how can I get logged into my first account and cancel the payment to them?

I suppose cancelling the credit card would be one means. When they fail
to get the next installment they will likely contact you at the means on
record.

--
Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<l352ahlsmio3686idqd5engo9055mkcak5@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4216&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4216

From: lcraver@home.ca (The Horny Goat)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2022 14:29:37 -0700
 by: The Horny Goat - Wed, 8 Jun 2022 21:29 UTC

<wlfraed@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Forte Internet Software is, for all practical purposes, a one-man
>company (the web site still indicates it is an "inc" but that
>"incorporation" implies a board of directors, which is likely the owner,
>his wife, and maybe a few relatives or friends but the mailing address
>implies there is no longer an "inc" involved).
>
> If you hit Google Maps, street view, for the Forte address, you will
>find a typical (expensive) southern California home. Two car garage
>(apparently used for storage as both cars are photographed in the driveway
>-- maybe the garage is "Forte" workspace) with (I suspect) bedrooms on the
>second floor.
>https://www.google.com/maps/@33.1651391,-117.0809678,3a,37.5y,160.87h,86.03t,1.5r/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sPTjVnUkUU-v9st1PBrHhiA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
>
> I expect the web site is all automated (so new sales never get seen by
>the owner until the payment shows up in his business account). No one knows
>how often the owner bothers to check his "business" email.
>
> The contact page does have FAX and voice phone numbers...

Which is too bad but says at least as much about Usenet itself these
last 10 years than about Forte.

For me it's like going to 15-20 different magazine stands vs. reading
the paper at the local library or in my living room chair.

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<ok43ah93d8sv5n30jt4jusc42kon4oneto@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4223&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4223

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 18:31:31 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 06:31 UTC

On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 11:09:47 -0400, Joe Gwinn wrote:

> Cancel the credit card and I bet they will soon come calling.

No. They just disable your access to Agent Usenet.

That is this group's experience of what happens after:
* Your bank re-issued your credit card with a new expiry date;
* You forgot to update your Agent Usenet account details with the new card expiry date;
* Then your bank declined payment on the card with the old expiry date.

See this item in the Agent Usenet FAQ:

How do I update my credit card information?
http://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#D0E5EFC8F896FAC588256D6400606767

--
Regards
Ralph

"𝔄 𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔬𝔣 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔫 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔭𝔞𝔯𝔱 𝔡𝔬𝔢𝔰 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔱𝔲𝔱𝔢 𝔞𝔫 𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔯𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔶 𝔬𝔫 𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔢."

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<ffi4ah5pfo4lhdak1hpe4h0kouu49o4kdf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4224&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4224

From: joegwinn@comcast.net (Joe Gwinn)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2022 15:29:47 -0400
 by: Joe Gwinn - Thu, 9 Jun 2022 19:29 UTC

On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 18:31:31 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 11:09:47 -0400, Joe Gwinn wrote:
>
>> Cancel the credit card and I bet they will soon come calling.
>

>No. They just disable your access to Agent Usenet.
>
>That is this group's experience of what happens after:
> * Your bank re-issued your credit card with a new expiry date;
> * You forgot to update your Agent Usenet account details with the new card expiry date;
> * Then your bank declined payment on the card with the old expiry date.
>

>See this item in the Agent Usenet FAQ:
>
> How do I update my credit card information?
> http://www.forteinc.com/apn/faq.php#D0E5EFC8F896FAC588256D6400606767

Ralph,

Hmm. Is there still any living person there?

Joe Gwinn

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<lsm5ah96tpk23ce1lqeuesjkihupgacq8f@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4225&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4225

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 19:01:30 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:01 UTC

On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 15:29:47 -0400, Joe Gwinn wrote:
> On Thu, 09 Jun 2022 18:31:31 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Jun 2022 11:09:47 -0400, Joe Gwinn wrote:
>>

>>> Cancel the credit card and I bet they will soon come calling.
>>
>> No. They just disable your access to Agent Usenet.
>> That is this group's experience of what happens after:
>> * Your bank re-issued your credit card with a new expiry date;
>> * You forgot to update your Agent Usenet account details with the new card expiry date;
>> * Then your bank declined payment on the card with the old expiry date.
>
> Hmm. Is there still any living person there?

Yes.
See my first reply in this thread, where I had received a reply from Ana.
REF: <news:29st9h564le1fr0ub2l95aieftmso36877@4ax.com>

You *do* get an automated email saying your credit card was declined.
If you choose to ignore that email, you are probably not wanting to
renew anyway. But even if you just need more prodding, do the math
on how much "come calling" they can afford to do before they lose
money on you.

* Let us say you were on an Agent Usenet 20GB $2.95/month 20GB plan.
That means you would be paying Agent Usenet $35.40 per year.
* The credit card company takes a few percent, leaving say $34.50.
* Agent Usenet resells service from HW Media, so most of that money
goes to HW Media. I do not know what Agent Usenet's margin is,
but I believe it is not great. Let us say it is 15%; which means
Agent Usenet keeps $5.17 per year and sends the rest to HW Media.
* At the US average hourly earnings for the information sector, that
pays for no more than 7 minutes of time per year.
REF: <https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t19.htm>

As I wrote in my third reply in this thread
REF: <news:t3j0ah9fvlm6e9c1ngp92o0t60p2tvm5h2@4ax.com>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ QUOTE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I expect Agent Usenet does not make a lot of money reselling service
from HW Media. Which means these processes will be as automated as
much as possible to avoid costing more money than it makes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ QUOTE ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Kind regards
Ralph

‘Wel fyht þat wel flyþ,’
Quoþ Hendyng.

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<0nv5ahdik2ktb8a9ca1e81f1p3spqgecfk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4226&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4226

From: fredsdf@freds.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:28:47 +0100
 by: fredsdf@freds.com - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 08:28 UTC

> [...]

>must have set it up on your computer with your Agent Usenet user name.
>
> screen-shot: <http://img4.imagetitan.com/img.php?image=25_i7kv9h9o1_account-username-in-agent.gif>
>
>The user name would also be in the AGENT.INI file, next to a word
><Username> in angle brackets [since Agent 3].
>

>Your original post also said you filled all the details in.
>
>If you had instead used some random user name in the form, I suspect
>they fed that user name into a password reset program. That might have
>reset some other poor beggar's password and possibly automatically
>emailed the other poor beggar (not you) at her/his email address in
>Agent Usenet Account Manager.
>
>I expect Agent Usenet does not make a lot of money reselling service
>from HW Media. Which means these processes will be as automated as
>much as possible to avoid costing more money than it makes.

Hi Ralph.

All sorted now, I found a email that got looked at. I had a email back from Ana and she sorted it
all out for me. So first account all deleted and new account all new details sent to my main email
account.
She does not know why some people do not get the email page back at all, so my advice to anyone who
get a account is to take a screen shot of that page to save all the trouble of no email for details.

I must say she was VERY helpful with sorting it all out, well done to her.

Once again thank you, and all the others for your help with this

FRED
==========================

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<lg26ahl0c6fcbof7fe9gq0ud1qhe7rue5r@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4227&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4227

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 21:18:33 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:18 UTC

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:28:47 +0100, fredsdf@freds.com wrote:

> All sorted now, I found a email that got looked at. I had a email back from Ana and she sorted it
> all out for me. So first account all deleted and new account all new details sent to my main email
> account.
> She does not know why some people do not get the email page back at all, so my advice to anyone who
> get a account is to take a screen shot of that page to save all the trouble of no email for details.
>
> I must say she was VERY helpful with sorting it all out, well done to her.

It's good to hear it is all sorted.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Soþ hit sylf acyþeð.

Re: Agent Usenet membership

<6oIoK.35427$W3d4.1974@fx05.iad>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4228&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4228

Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
From: anonymous@anonymous.org (Puffer Belly)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 09:17:38 -0500
 by: Puffer Belly - Fri, 10 Jun 2022 14:17 UTC

I thought Agent Usenet was connected to Easynews?

PB