Just go with the flow control, roll with the crunches, and, when you get a prompt, type like hell.

computers / comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware / Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration

SubjectAuthor
* IBM Classroom LAN AdministrationKevin Moonlight
+- Re: IBM Classroom LAN AdministrationIBMMuseum
`* Re: IBM Classroom LAN AdministrationChristopher La Jara
 `* Re: IBM Classroom LAN AdministrationKevin Moonlight
  `* Re: IBM Classroom LAN AdministrationChristopher La Jara
   `* Re: IBM Classroom LAN AdministrationKevin Moonlight
    `- Re: IBM Classroom LAN AdministrationChristopher La Jara

1
IBM Classroom LAN Administration

<c102c237-7baf-4867-b099-b794b6a3253dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=482&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#482

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 01:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: IBM Classroom LAN Administration
From: me@yyzkevin.com (Kevin Moonlight)
 by: Kevin Moonlight - Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:45 UTC

I saw some discussion about a “PS/2 Portal” and Iclass while I was doing some more searches about wireless. Not quite on topic but maybe interesting to a few:

https://lab.yyzkevin.com/

This is something I started working on a little while ago. I have various physical hardware and legacy gear mixed in but this front-end spins up a diskless virtual machine that RPL boots from the Netware 3.12 server that is running ibm classroom lan administration. My goal had been (or still is) to try and create an authentic experience of how it would be logging onto networks of past times. I started working on some basic audio streaming implementations but got busy. Really only needed for games, which seems to be one of the few ways I am able to drag people into this old tech.

It is running version 1.30 of IBM Classroom LAN as that is all I could find online, could not track down a newer version. My original disk/license is 1.11

I also have a custom dosbox build with the ne2000 code I modified so it connects to a virtual ethernet switch I wrote that lives in “the cloud”, so you can boot a diskless dosbox over the internet from my physical netware server. I’ve been trying to stay mostly IPX, with the pburst actually not bad even over the internet, I mean it outperforms 4mbit token-ring.

Anyway I may be losing my mind but that was one of my projects.

Kevin

Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration

<2aebf1c5-727e-42a5-b565-6287a8d0cbcdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=485&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#485

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2021 18:56:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration
From: ibmmuseum@gmail.com (IBMMuseum)
 by: IBMMuseum - Sun, 6 Jun 2021 01:56 UTC

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 2:45:40 AM UTC-6, Kevin Moonlight wrote:
> I saw some discussion about a “PS/2 Portal” and Iclass while I was doing some more searches about wireless. Not quite on topic but maybe interesting to a few:
>
> https://lab.yyzkevin.com/
>
> This is something I started working on a little while ago. I have various physical hardware and legacy gear mixed in but this front-end spins up a diskless virtual machine that RPL boots from the Netware 3.12 server that is running ibm classroom lan administration. My goal had been (or still is) to try and create an authentic experience of how it would be logging onto networks of past times. I started working on some basic audio streaming implementations but got busy. Really only needed for games, which seems to be one of the few ways I am able to drag people into this old tech.
>
> It is running version 1.30 of IBM Classroom LAN as that is all I could find online, could not track down a newer version. My original disk/license is 1.11
>
> I also have a custom dosbox build with the ne2000 code I modified so it connects to a virtual ethernet switch I wrote that lives in “the cloud”, so you can boot a diskless dosbox over the internet from my physical netware server. I’ve been trying to stay mostly IPX, with the pburst actually not bad even over the internet, I mean it outperforms 4mbit token-ring.
>
> Anyway I may be losing my mind but that was one of my projects.
>
> Kevin

Yeah, the "PS/2 Portal" is the name I selected - and very much like you thought. I'll contact you on the Facebook group but can mirror the discussion here too.

Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration

<7f475068-9a26-409a-89ea-efed83476949n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3380&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#3380

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 11:58:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: cla_jara@yahoo.com (Christopher La Jara)
 by: Christopher La Jara - Fri, 14 Apr 2023 18:58 UTC

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 4:45:40 AM UTC-4, Kevin Moonlight wrote:
> I saw some discussion about a “PS/2 Portal” and Iclass while I was doing some more searches about wireless. Not quite on topic but maybe interesting to a few:
>
> https://lab.yyzkevin.com/
>
> This is something I started working on a little while ago. I have various physical hardware and legacy gear mixed in but this front-end spins up a diskless virtual machine that RPL boots from the Netware 3.12 server that is running ibm classroom lan administration. My goal had been (or still is) to try and create an authentic experience of how it would be logging onto networks of past times. I started working on some basic audio streaming implementations but got busy. Really only needed for games, which seems to be one of the few ways I am able to drag people into this old tech.
>
> It is running version 1.30 of IBM Classroom LAN as that is all I could find online, could not track down a newer version. My original disk/license is 1.11
>
> I also have a custom dosbox build with the ne2000 code I modified so it connects to a virtual ethernet switch I wrote that lives in “the cloud”, so you can boot a diskless dosbox over the internet from my physical netware server. I’ve been trying to stay mostly IPX, with the pburst actually not bad even over the internet, I mean it outperforms 4mbit token-ring.
>
> Anyway I may be losing my mind but that was one of my projects.
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

I saw that you setup a cloud site for ICLAS, I was just wondering where you got the 250 CAL for ICLAS and I was wondering if you had any disks or IMG that you can share with me.

Just wondering.

Thanks,
Chris La Jara

Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration

<8b5dd1ee-e4dd-407b-a9e6-540897aa266bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3385&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#3385

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2023 18:48:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: me@yyzkevin.com (Kevin Moonlight)
 by: Kevin Moonlight - Sun, 16 Apr 2023 01:48 UTC

On Friday, 14 April 2023 at 14:58:22 UTC-4, Christopher La Jara wrote:
> On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 4:45:40 AM UTC-4, Kevin Moonlight wrote:
> > I saw some discussion about a “PS/2 Portal” and Iclass while I was doing some more searches about wireless. Not quite on topic but maybe interesting to a few:
> >
> > https://lab.yyzkevin.com/
> >
> > This is something I started working on a little while ago. I have various physical hardware and legacy gear mixed in but this front-end spins up a diskless virtual machine that RPL boots from the Netware 3.12 server that is running ibm classroom lan administration. My goal had been (or still is) to try and create an authentic experience of how it would be logging onto networks of past times. I started working on some basic audio streaming implementations but got busy. Really only needed for games, which seems to be one of the few ways I am able to drag people into this old tech.
> >
> > It is running version 1.30 of IBM Classroom LAN as that is all I could find online, could not track down a newer version. My original disk/license is 1.11
> >
> > I also have a custom dosbox build with the ne2000 code I modified so it connects to a virtual ethernet switch I wrote that lives in “the cloud”, so you can boot a diskless dosbox over the internet from my physical netware server. I’ve been trying to stay mostly IPX, with the pburst actually not bad even over the internet, I mean it outperforms 4mbit token-ring.
> >
> > Anyway I may be losing my mind but that was one of my projects.
> >
> > Kevin
> Kevin,
>
> I saw that you setup a cloud site for ICLAS, I was just wondering where you got the 250 CAL for ICLAS and I was wondering if you had any disks or IMG that you can share with me.
>
> Just wondering.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris La Jara

Sorry to disappoint, but I did not find any other unknown copies, my version says 250 as while I was trying to figure out how the license file worked I modified it out of interest to see what I could do with it, so it is not authentic, but sharp eye that you saw that.

the current latest url is https://ipx.network/v2

Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration

<30b35142-ef05-42fc-a445-46cb6b4f07ben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4065&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#4065

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2023 17:01:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: cla_jara@yahoo.com (Christopher La Jara)
 by: Christopher La Jara - Wed, 20 Sep 2023 00:01 UTC

On Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 9:48:25 PM UTC-4, Kevin Moonlight wrote:
> On Friday, 14 April 2023 at 14:58:22 UTC-4, Christopher La Jara wrote:
> > On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 4:45:40 AM UTC-4, Kevin Moonlight wrote:
> > > I saw some discussion about a “PS/2 Portal” and Iclass while I was doing some more searches about wireless. Not quite on topic but maybe interesting to a few:
> > >
> > > https://lab.yyzkevin.com/
> > >
> > > This is something I started working on a little while ago. I have various physical hardware and legacy gear mixed in but this front-end spins up a diskless virtual machine that RPL boots from the Netware 3.12 server that is running ibm classroom lan administration. My goal had been (or still is) to try and create an authentic experience of how it would be logging onto networks of past times. I started working on some basic audio streaming implementations but got busy. Really only needed for games, which seems to be one of the few ways I am able to drag people into this old tech.
> > >
> > > It is running version 1.30 of IBM Classroom LAN as that is all I could find online, could not track down a newer version. My original disk/license is 1.11
> > >
> > > I also have a custom dosbox build with the ne2000 code I modified so it connects to a virtual ethernet switch I wrote that lives in “the cloud”, so you can boot a diskless dosbox over the internet from my physical netware server. I’ve been trying to stay mostly IPX, with the pburst actually not bad even over the internet, I mean it outperforms 4mbit token-ring.
> > >
> > > Anyway I may be losing my mind but that was one of my projects.
> > >
> > > Kevin
> > Kevin,
> >
> > I saw that you setup a cloud site for ICLAS, I was just wondering where you got the 250 CAL for ICLAS and I was wondering if you had any disks or IMG that you can share with me.
> >
> > Just wondering.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris La Jara
> Sorry to disappoint, but I did not find any other unknown copies, my version says 250 as while I was trying to figure out how the license file worked I modified it out of interest to see what I could do with it, so it is not authentic, but sharp eye that you saw that.
>
> the current latest url is https://ipx.network/v2
Good evening, Kevin.

I was just wondering if you can ISO your ICLAS 1.1 diskettes and send me a copy?

Chris La Jara

Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration

<f10849d8-756b-4ad6-bbae-54b34826a700n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4072&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#4072

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 02:36:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: me@yyzkevin.com (Kevin Moonlight)
 by: Kevin Moonlight - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 09:36 UTC

Hi Chris,

Sure I will image the v1.11 floppies I have and upload them to the archive.. My 3-1/2" floppies I think one of the disks has some errors, but I also have the 5-1/4 disks for 1.11 as well thanks to Chris Lenderman.

I have been on slow motion getting over some human malware, but I should be able to do the images this week. Is this just for having a complete archive, or are you working on some iclas stuff again?

On Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 20:01:35 UTC-4, Christopher La Jara wrote:
> On Saturday, April 15, 2023 at 9:48:25 PM UTC-4, Kevin Moonlight wrote:

> > > Kevin,
> > >
> > > I saw that you setup a cloud site for ICLAS, I was just wondering where you got the 250 CAL for ICLAS and I was wondering if you had any disks or IMG that you can share with me.
> > >
> > > Just wondering.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Chris La Jara
> > Sorry to disappoint, but I did not find any other unknown copies, my version says 250 as while I was trying to figure out how the license file worked I modified it out of interest to see what I could do with it, so it is not authentic, but sharp eye that you saw that.
> >
> > the current latest url is https://ipx.network/v2
> Good evening, Kevin.
>
> I was just wondering if you can ISO your ICLAS 1.1 diskettes and send me a copy?
>
> Chris La Jara

Re: IBM Classroom LAN Administration

<81fa2207-d0d7-4ed4-beb2-576c93bc0f64n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4192&group=comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware#4192

Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 06:53:59 -0800 (PST)
From: cla_jara@yahoo.com (Christopher La Jara)
 by: Christopher La Jara - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 14:53 UTC

On Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 5:36:06 AM UTC-4, Kevin Moonlight wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Sure I will image the v1.11 floppies I have and upload them to the archive. My 3-1/2" floppies I think one of the disks has some errors, but I also have the 5-1/4 disks for 1.11 as well thanks to Chris Lenderman.
>
> I have been on slow motion getting over some human malware, but I should be able to do the images this week. Is this just for having a complete archive, or are you working on some iclas stuff again?
> On Tuesday, 19 September 2023 at 20:01:35 UTC-4, Christopher La Jara wrote:

> > > Sorry to disappoint, but I did not find any other unknown copies, my version says 250 as while I was trying to figure out how the license file worked I modified it out of interest to see what I could do with it, so it is not authentic, but sharp eye that you saw that.
> > >
> > > the current latest url is https://ipx.network/v2
> > Good evening, Kevin.
> >
> > I was just wondering if you can ISO your ICLAS 1.1 diskettes and send me a copy?
> >
> > Chris La Jara
Kevin,

I am looking to complete my archive of ICLAS disks. I have 1.2 and 1.3, I need to find a copy of 1.4.1

Chris