From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: colours
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 17:45:13 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 16:45 UTC

Hi

When I click on a message and look on the body of the message the back ground is dark blue and I
cannot see the text

So two things

1.....can I change that colour so I can read it?

2....I have gone into tools/options colours and altered a lot of them BUT made a complete mess of
all of it. How do I get them back to defaults?

Many thanks

Dumb Blond

Re: colours

<g06n9h9lv09pcdnldrs703bi4pgealvlrs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4193&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4193

From: ken1943@invalid.net (KenW)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: colours
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2022 11:37:23 -0600
 by: KenW - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 17:37 UTC

On Sat, 04 Jun 2022 17:45:13 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>When I click on a message and look on the body of the message the back ground is dark blue and I
>cannot see the text
>
>So two things
>
>1.....can I change that colour so I can read it?
>
>2....I have gone into tools/options colours and altered a lot of them BUT made a complete mess of
> all of it. How do I get them back to defaults?
>

>Many thanks
>

>Dumb Blond
Try Options > Colors > Help may show something. Never did this !

KenW

Re: colours

<9qfn9htdf1fisrjmkckpf1fvfh771lt4q4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4194&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4194

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 08:48:18 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sat, 4 Jun 2022 20:48 UTC

On Sat, 04 Jun 2022 17:45:13 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> When I click on a message and look on the body of the message the back ground is dark blue and I
> cannot see the text
>
> So two things
>
> 1.....can I change that colour so I can read it?

Yes.
1.1 Go to "Tools >> Options >> Display >> Colors"
1.2 Scroll down to find the colour labelled "Body pane background".
Not "Body pane background selected"
1.2 Change the colour labelled "Body pane background".

> 2....I have gone into tools/options colours and altered a lot of them BUT made a complete mess of
> all of it. How do I get them back to defaults?

2.1 Close Agent.
2.2 Open your AGENT.INI file in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++
2.3 Delete the contents of the [Colors] section.
For Agent 8, that is about 99 lines to delete.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

When þe coppe is follest, þenne ber hire feyrest, quoþ Hendyng.

Re: colours - colours.JPG (0/1)

<namp9hliu6438nbhuiiv7a3ru8qlote3d6@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4195&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4195

From: hope@hope.com
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: colours - colours.JPG (0/1)
Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2022 17:31:14 +0100
 by: hope@hope.com - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 16:31 UTC

On Sun, 05 Jun 2022 08:48:18 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid> wrote:
>Yes.
> 1.1 Go to "Tools >> Options >> Display >> Colors"
> 1.2 Scroll down to find the colour labelled "Body pane background".
> Not "Body pane background selected"
> 1.2 Change the colour labelled "Body pane background".
>
>> 2....I have gone into tools/options colours and altered a lot of them BUT made a complete mess of
>> all of it. How do I get them back to defaults?
>
>2.1 Close Agent.
>2.2 Open your AGENT.INI file in a text editor like Notepad or Notepad++
>2.3 Delete the contents of the [Colors] section.
> For Agent 8, that is about 99 lines to delete.
>
>> Many thanks
>>

>> Dumb Blond

Hi Ralph.

Sorry to say cannot see any "Body pane background"

Only see "Body pane background" (text background)

see picture

Re: colours - colours.JPG (0/1)

<nt4q9h5gvp7voe12f971okmo3ufii33irf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4196&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#4196

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2022 09:27:55 +1200
 by: Ralph Fox - Sun, 5 Jun 2022 21:27 UTC

On Sun, 05 Jun 2022 17:31:14 +0100, hope@hope.com wrote:

> Hi Ralph.
>
> see picture

I do not receive binaries in text newsgroups like this.
If you want to post a picture, upload it to some place like
<http://www.imagetitan.com/> or <https://imgur.com/>
and post a link here.

> Sorry to say cannot see any "Body pane background"
>
> Only see "Body pane background" (text background)

"Body pane background (text background)" would be the one to change.
The "(text background)" part can change depending on what you select for the
colour. It appears you have...
* Your Agent body pane background colour set to follow Windows' text background colour;
* And your Windows' text background colour must then be set to dark blue.
Where the Windows text background colour setting is will depend on your version of Windows.
[XP] Control Panel >> Display >> Appearance >> Advanced >> Item: Window >> Color 1
[Win7] Right-click Desktop >> Personalize >> Windows Color >> Advanced Appearance Settings >> Item: Window >> Color 1
[Win10] (-- I hear Win10 needs an add-on like Winaero Tweaker to access this setting. --)

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Of vnboht hude men kerueþ brod þong, quoþ Hendyng.