From: hruodr@gmail.com (Roderick)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Subject: icloud rejects mail from alpine?
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 08:05:51 +0000
 by: Roderick - Sat, 7 May 2022 08:05 UTC

I sent an Email to an @icloud.com address twice, once
from alpine configured with gmail.com and once with alpine
configured with web.de, in both cases it was rejected,
I received the following link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137

Then I sent it with gmail web interface and it was not rejected.

This is something completely new to me. At the end we can only
send Emails with the software / interfaces that these big
companies dictate.

Rodrigo

Re: icloud rejects mail from alpine?

<1c707b3a-afc2-4b69-7c52-381afa36e170@washington.edu>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=415&group=comp.mail.pine#415

From: chappa@washington.edu (Eduardo Chappa)
Newsgroups: comp.mail.pine
Subject: Re: icloud rejects mail from alpine?
Date: Sat, 7 May 2022 08:51:17 -0600
 by: Eduardo Chappa - Sat, 7 May 2022 14:51 UTC

On Sat, 7 May 2022, Roderick wrote:

> I sent an Email to an @icloud.com address twice, once from alpine
> configured with gmail.com and once with alpine configured with web.de,
> in both cases it was rejected, I received the following link:
>
> https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137

The page you reference clearly says that sending an email is no reason to
accept it. As you can read from the page, the relevant issue is the server
that sends the email, so when sending email use a server that is
configured in a way that iCloud accepts.

--
Eduardo
https://tinyurl.com/yc377wlh (web)