From: gmkeros@gmail.com (Kyonshi)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.baldurs-gate
Subject: [MSN] Baldur's Gate 4 will not take 25 years promises Dungeons &
Dragons owner
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:28:43 +0200
 by: Kyonshi - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 16:28 UTC

MSN.com still exists? It seems it does.
This hardly counts as news I guess, because after the success of BG3, is
anyone surprised they want to have another one out ASAP to capture the
success of the last one? Recipe for disaster IMHO, but well, WOTC's
gonna WOTC.

Source:
https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/news/baldur-s-gate-4-will-not-take-25-years-promises-dungeons-dragons-owner/ar-BB1lM86g

Baldur's Gate 4 will not take 25 years promises Dungeons & Dragons owner

With Larian Studios not making a sequel to Baldur’s Gate 3, Hasbro is
already in talks with other studios for the next game – but who could
they be?

Baldur’s Gate 3 was one of the biggest game of 2023, with its critical
and commercial success confirming developer Larian Studios as one of the
most talented studios working today.

While that level of success would make most studios double down on DLC
and a sequel, Larian announced last month it isn’t doing either – with
the developer moving away from the Dungeons & Dragons licence entirely
for its next game.

The owner of that licence, Hasbro and Wizards Of The Coast, has now
stated it is actively in talks with other developers about partnering up
for Baldur’s Gate 4 – but they aren’t in a ‘rush’ to make any decision yet.

Speaking at the Baftas, senior vice president of digital strategy and
licensing at Hasbro, Eugene Evans, said: ‘We’re now talking to lots of
partners and being approached by a lot of partners who are embracing the
challenge of, what does the future of the Baldur’s Gate franchise look like?

‘So we certainly hope that it’s not another 25 years, as it was from
Baldur’s Gate 2 to 3, before we answer that. But we’re going to take our
time and find the right partner, the right approach, and the right
product that could represent the future of Baldur’s Gate.

Re: [MSN] Baldur's Gate 4 will not take 25 years promises Dungeons & Dragons owner

<uvulap$36mcj$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=414&group=comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg#414

From: justisaur@yahoo.com (Justisaur)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg,alt.games.baldurs-gate
Dragons owner
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:48:25 -0700
 by: Justisaur - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:48 UTC

On 4/19/2024 9:28 AM, Kyonshi wrote:
> MSN.com still exists? It seems it does.
> This hardly counts as news I guess, because after the success of BG3, is
> anyone surprised they want to have another one out ASAP to capture the
> success of the last one? Recipe for disaster IMHO, but well, WOTC's
> gonna WOTC.
>
> Source:
> https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/news/baldur-s-gate-4-will-not-take-25-years-promises-dungeons-dragons-owner/ar-BB1lM86g
>
> Baldur's Gate 4 will not take 25 years promises Dungeons & Dragons owner
>
> With Larian Studios not making a sequel to Baldur’s Gate 3, Hasbro is
> already in talks with other studios for the next game – but who could
> they be?
>
> Baldur’s Gate 3 was one of the biggest game of 2023, with its critical
> and commercial success confirming developer Larian Studios as one of the
> most talented studios working today.
>
> While that level of success would make most studios double down on DLC
> and a sequel, Larian announced last month it isn’t doing either – with
> the developer moving away from the Dungeons & Dragons licence entirely
> for its next game.
>
> The owner of that licence, Hasbro and Wizards Of The Coast, has now
> stated it is actively in talks with other developers about partnering up
> for Baldur’s Gate 4 – but they aren’t in a ‘rush’ to make any decision yet.
>
> Speaking at the Baftas, senior vice president of digital strategy and
> licensing at Hasbro, Eugene Evans, said: ‘We’re now talking to lots of
> partners and being approached by a lot of partners who are embracing the
> challenge of, what does the future of the Baldur’s Gate franchise look
> like?
>
> ‘So we certainly hope that it’s not another 25 years, as it was from
> Baldur’s Gate 2 to 3, before we answer that. But we’re going to take our
> time and find the right partner, the right approach, and the right
> product that could represent the future of Baldur’s Gate.

And here comes the fly-by-night cheapest bidder. You can't can't see
the sour look on my face, but I assure you it's there. I was fully
expecting that.

--
-Justisaur

ø-ø