We have a equal opportunity Calculus class -- it's fully integrated.

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?

SubjectAuthor
* Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?Kenny McCormack
+* Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering progChris Elvidge
|`- Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering progKenny McCormack
`* Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering progStan Brown
 `- Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering progKenny McCormack

1
Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?

<uvrdra$3uirt$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4072&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4072

From: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:22:18 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:22 UTC

I'm using TBird 115.9.0 under Windows - with an IMAP server. It all works
fine, except...

Occasionally, for whatever reason, the visual display gets out of sync with
reality - it shows a folder that doesn't exist, or it shows a folder in the
wrong place or ... When I click on or otherwise try to access these
phantom folders, I get an error message.

I've found that I can fix this by exiting/re-entering TBird. On the
restart, the display is back in sync with reality. But I'm wondering if
there is an easier/better way. Something like with editors where you can
press something like ^L to re-draw the screen.

http://user.xmission.com/~gazelle/Sigs/RoyDeLoon

Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?

<uvrg7d$2b9j4$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4073&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4073

From: chris@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by
exiting/re-entering program?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:02:52 +0100
 by: Chris Elvidge - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:02 UTC

On 18/04/2024 at 16:22, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> I'm using TBird 115.9.0 under Windows - with an IMAP server. It all works
> fine, except...
>
> Occasionally, for whatever reason, the visual display gets out of sync with
> reality - it shows a folder that doesn't exist, or it shows a folder in the
> wrong place or ... When I click on or otherwise try to access these
> phantom folders, I get an error message.
>
> I've found that I can fix this by exiting/re-entering TBird. On the
> restart, the display is back in sync with reality. But I'm wondering if
> there is an easier/better way. Something like with editors where you can
> press something like ^L to re-draw the screen.

It's probably not the screen that's out of sync but the underlying
engine out of sync with the data files. Only a restart will fix that.

--
Chris Elvidge, England
I WILL NOT INSTIGATE REVOLUTION

Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?

<MPG.408b3286b47034a19902cf@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4078&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4078

From: the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm (Stan Brown)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:37:45 -0700
 by: Stan Brown - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:37 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:22:18 -0000 (UTC), Kenny McCormack wrote:
> I'm using TBird 115.9.0 under Windows - with an IMAP server. It all works
> fine, except...
>
> Occasionally, for whatever reason, the visual display gets out of sync with
> reality - it shows a folder that doesn't exist, or it shows a folder in the
> wrong place or ... When I click on or otherwise try to access these
> phantom folders, I get an error message.

Shift+F5 is supposed to make it reread everything from the server.
(Plain F5 does it with just the currently selected folder.)

--
Stan Brown, Tehachapi, California, USA https://BrownMath.com/
Shikata ga nai...

Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?

<uvs432$3ut4f$1@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4079&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4079

From: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:41:54 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 21:41 UTC

In article <MPG.408b3286b47034a19902cf@news.individual.net>,
Stan Brown <the_stan_brown@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 15:22:18 -0000 (UTC), Kenny McCormack wrote:
>> I'm using TBird 115.9.0 under Windows - with an IMAP server. It all works
>> fine, except...
>>
>> Occasionally, for whatever reason, the visual display gets out of sync with
>> reality - it shows a folder that doesn't exist, or it shows a folder in the
>> wrong place or ... When I click on or otherwise try to access these
>> phantom folders, I get an error message.
>
>Shift+F5 is supposed to make it reread everything from the server.
>(Plain F5 does it with just the currently selected folder.)

Really?? Cool - I'll have to try that.

I'll have to be a bt careful, though, since I have thousands of messages in
some of my folders. I hope "everything" doesn't mean too much...

--
People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry

Re: Possible to re-sync TBird with server other than by exiting/re-entering program?

<uvuak8$3vtqg$2@news.xmission.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4092&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4092

From: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
exiting/re-entering program?
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:45:44 -0000 (UTC)
Originator: gazelle@shell.xmission.com (Kenny McCormack)
 by: Kenny McCormack - Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:45 UTC

In article <uvrg7d$2b9j4$3@dont-email.me>,
Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:
>On 18/04/2024 at 16:22, Kenny McCormack wrote:
>> I'm using TBird 115.9.0 under Windows - with an IMAP server. It all works
>> fine, except...
>>
>> Occasionally, for whatever reason, the visual display gets out of sync with
>> reality - it shows a folder that doesn't exist, or it shows a folder in the
>> wrong place or ... When I click on or otherwise try to access these
>> phantom folders, I get an error message.
>>
>> I've found that I can fix this by exiting/re-entering TBird. On the
>> restart, the display is back in sync with reality. But I'm wondering if
>> there is an easier/better way. Something like with editors where you can
>> press something like ^L to re-draw the screen.
>>

>It's probably not the screen that's out of sync but the underlying
>engine out of sync with the data files. Only a restart will fix that.

Yeah, I get that. But I felt I had to write it the way I did in order to
get the right sort of engagement from readers.

It doesn't seem to me like a restart should be necessary (hence this
thread), but if you say it is, then I won't argue with you. The other
poster on this thread has suggested F5 and/or shift-F5. I will try those
the next time the problem presents (which is hopefully never...).

--
There are a lot of Wisconsin farmers right now who, despite having
themselves voted for Trump, are now wishing that their state's electors