From: croy@spam.invalid.net (croy)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Reply Text Colors
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 16:24:30 -0700
 by: croy - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 23:24 UTC

I've been using the dark theme for quite some time, and I like it a lot...
but, when replying, the text is dark blue on a black background, and pretty
difficult to see. I've been looking all over in settings, and about
config, but haven't found a way to change this. Is there a way?

--
croy

Re: Reply Text Colors

<uvq1ro$21uf0$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4066&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4066

From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: Reply Text Colors
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 22:51:36 -0400
 by: Paul - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:51 UTC

On 4/17/2024 7:24 PM, croy wrote:
> I've been using the dark theme for quite some time, and I like it a lot...
> but, when replying, the text is dark blue on a black background, and pretty
> difficult to see. I've been looking all over in settings, and about
> config, but haven't found a way to change this. Is there a way?

I can think of general places for editing.

Whatever the Theme uses as a CSS.

The UserChrome.CSS method (editing a CSS file in a user-created folder)

The settings.

This is just for your amusement.

Settings : General : Fonts & Colors : Colors_button

[Picture]

https://i.postimg.cc/m2BTPxNd/tbird115-colors-general-usage.gif

I tried "Use System Colors" OFF
"Override..." Always

and at least my Followup window changed colors while
I was watching.

You can try some combination of the controls.

If you still can't read it, someone from the UserChrome camp
will be along with instructions.

Paul

Re: Reply Text Colors

<boe6fk-dee.ln1@spock.lan>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4067&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4067

From: dillinger@invalid.not (dillinger)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 04:56:43 +0200
 by: dillinger - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 02:56 UTC

On 18-04-2024 01:24, croy wrote:
> I've been using the dark theme for quite some time, and I like it a lot...
> but, when replying, the text is dark blue on a black background, and pretty
> difficult to see. I've been looking all over in settings, and about
> config, but haven't found a way to change this. Is there a way?

Add something like this to your userContent.css:

/* Mail Reply Quote Color */

span[_moz_quote=true] {
color: var(--body-text-color) !important;
opacity: 0.6;
}

var(--body-text-color) is the text color your theme is using, you can
use currentColor too, or any fixed color (white, #FFF, etc.).

Setting the opacity to 0.6 makes quotes stand out slightly.

Re: Reply Text Colors

<l8bs14F1tbuU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4069&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4069

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:13:51 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 06:13 UTC

croy wrote:

> I've been using the dark theme for quite some time, and I like it a lot...
> but, when replying, the text is dark blue on a black background, and pretty
> difficult to see. I've been looking all over in settings, and about
> config, but haven't found a way to change this. Is there a way?

I use an add-on, rather than manually editing CSS

<https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/quotecolors>

Re: Reply Text Colors

<cvh22jlk1fmbk5f9fp6bm3qglsmt2puc88@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4074&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4074

From: croy@spam.invalid.net (croy)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 09:19:39 -0700
 by: croy - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 16:19 UTC

On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:13:51 +0100, Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:

>croy wrote:
>
>> I've been using the dark theme for quite some time, and I like it a lot...
>> but, when replying, the text is dark blue on a black background, and pretty
>> difficult to see. I've been looking all over in settings, and about
>> config, but haven't found a way to change this. Is there a way?
>
>I use an add-on, rather than manually editing CSS
>
><https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/quotecolors>

From here:

https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/quote-colors/

"Please note that Quote Colors does not apply colors to quotes in compose
window, i.e. when replying to a message you will still see the default
colors."

--
croy

Re: Reply Text Colors

<uvrokn$3lje$1@solani.org>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4075&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4075

From: no@mail.invalid (EnDeeGee)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:26:30 -0400
 by: EnDeeGee - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:26 UTC

On 18-Apr-2024 12:19, croy wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:13:51 +0100, Andy Burns <usenet@andyburns.uk> wrote:
>
>> croy wrote:
>>
>>> I've been using the dark theme for quite some time, and I like it a lot...
>>> but, when replying, the text is dark blue on a black background, and pretty
>>> difficult to see. I've been looking all over in settings, and about
>>> config, but haven't found a way to change this. Is there a way?
>>
>> I use an add-on, rather than manually editing CSS
>>
>> <https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-GB/thunderbird/addon/quotecolors>
>

> From here:
>
> https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/addon/quote-colors/
>
> "Please note that Quote Colors does not apply colors to quotes in compose
> window, i.e. when replying to a message you will still see the default
> colors."

If I remember right Quote Colors hasn't been working properly for
background colours since TB version 112.

Re: Reply Text Colors

<l8d754F5krkU6@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4076&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4076

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 19:29:56 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:29 UTC

EnDeeGee wrote:

> croy wrote:
> >> "Please note that Quote Colors does not apply colors to quotes in
compose
>> window,

Yes that's true, I overlooked the O/P asking about compose window

> If I remember right Quote Colors hasn't been working properly for
> background colours since TB version 112.
Doesn't give me any problems, but I don't use dark mode.

Re: Reply Text Colors

<uvrpvf$2d86a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4077&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4077

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 14:49:19 -0400
 by: Big Al - Thu, 18 Apr 2024 18:49 UTC

On 4/18/24 02:29 PM, Andy Burns wrote:

> compose
>>> window,
>
> Yes that's true, I overlooked the O/P asking about compose window
>
>> If I remember right Quote Colors hasn't been working properly for background colours since TB
>> version 112.
> Doesn't give me any problems, but I don't use dark mode.
I just put code in the userContent.css file. Skip the add-on.
--
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon 6.0.4 Kernel 5.15.0-102-generic
Al

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: Reply Text Colors