From: keith_nuttle@yahoo.com (knuttle)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Stuck "assembling" the message
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:11:22 -0400
 by: knuttle - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:11 UTC

For the past few weeks, I have occasionally when I send email, it
appeared to get stuck assembling a message. It seemed to happen mostly
when sending to newsgroups, but since I did not record each time it
occurred, it may have happened to email.

This afternoon Thunderbird would not load. I uninstalled Thunderbird
and downloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled after I restarted the
computer. When opens I found I had lost a large sub folder with a lot of
messages in it. I found my back up and copied the folder and associated
files back to the new installation, and every thing seems to be back to
normal.

While I did all of this about an hour ago, Thunderbird seems more
responsive. I don't know about the assembling message, but will report
if it comes back.

Re: Stuck "assembling" the message

<l8aiv0Fpc4tU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4061&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4061

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: Stuck "assembling" the message
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:33:03 +0100
 by: Andy Burns - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:33 UTC

knuttle wrote:

> For the past few weeks, I have occasionally when I send email, it
> appeared to get stuck assembling a message.

I've seen it a couple of times, I generally cancel it, wait a few
minutes to see if the message turns up on server before hitting send
again ...

Re: Stuck "assembling" the message

<uvp4l1$23v2j$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=4062&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#4062

From: noreply@reply.com (Maori-Server-User)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2024 19:30:00 +0100
 by: Maori-Server-User - Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:30 UTC

On 17/04/2024 19:11, knuttle wrote:
> For the past few weeks, I have occasionally when I send email, it
> appeared to get stuck assembling a message.  It seemed to happen
> mostly when sending to newsgroups,

It could be because you are using neo-nazi server operated by
"black-september" supporter. You should really be using Maori server
called "paganini.bofh.team". It requires no registration and largely is
uncensored so far.

Good luck.

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: Stuck "assembling" the message