From: internetado@bbs.alt119.net (Internetado)
Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.misc
Subject: Hobbes OS/2 Archive to shut down in three months
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 14:43:21 -0300
To: comp.os.os2.misc
 by: Internetado - Mon, 15 Jan 2024 17:43 UTC

To: comp.os.os2.misc
We've got some seriously bad news for the OS/2 community. Hobbes, the
massive software archive for OS/2 (and thus eComStation and ArcaOS),
which hosts both old software as well as more recent releases, is
shutting down in three months.

After many years of service, hobbes.nmsu.edu will be decommissioned and
will no longer be available. You the user are responsible for
downloading any of the files found in this archive if you want them.
These files will no longer be available for access or download as of
the decommission date.

As of April 15th, 2024 this site will no longer exist.

No one will be able to access this site or any information/files stored
on this site as of April 15th, 2024.

I don't even know how old Hobbes is, but I feel like it's been around
for decades. Seeing it being shut down is incredibly sad to read, but
also a sign of the times for whatever's left of the OS/2 community. Two
of the four listed mirrors seem to be up, namely SunSITE Poland and
Infania Networks in Sweden. We'll see how long those last, but my
advice to anyone interested in OS/2 - download the Hobbes archive and
store it locally.

https://www.osnews.com/story/138249/hobbes-os-2-archive-to-shut-down-in-three-months/
--
[s]