From: portatile01@tin.it (Albe_V°)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Newsgroup notification only for special threads
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 17:38:00 +0200
 by: Albe_V° - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:38 UTC

I'd like Thunderbird to mark each newsgroup I subscribed with the number
of unread messages, but ONLY for special threads (threads with the
yellow star of "special").

I've subscribed various NGs, each one of them gets dozen of messages
each 10 minutes (sync timing), so I see
"a.c.s.thunderbird (123)" with a bold font, and I need to enter the
group and check if any of my special threads has received any follow-up.

Is there any way to tell Thunderbird to only count special thread
messages in the notification badge?

Thanks

Alberto

Re: Newsgroup notification only for special threads

<uuh9mf$39m67$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3917&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#3917

From: alan@invalid.com (Big Al)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 11:53:51 -0400
 by: Big Al - Tue, 2 Apr 2024 15:53 UTC

On 4/2/24 11:38 AM, Albe_V° wrote:
> I'd like Thunderbird to mark each newsgroup I subscribed with the number of unread messages, but
> ONLY for special threads (threads with the yellow star of "special").
>
> I've subscribed various NGs, each one of them gets dozen of messages each 10 minutes (sync timing),
> so I see
> "a.c.s.thunderbird (123)" with a bold font, and I need to enter the group and check if any of my
> special threads has received any follow-up.
>
> Is there any way to tell Thunderbird to only count special thread messages in the notification badge?
>
> Thanks
>
> Alberto
All that I know is # of messages, and size or group and 15M or 1.4K etc.
You could tag the first message in an important thread as "important", and then when you come back
if any of the threads that are marked important show, you open those threads and skip the remainder.

right-click->tag, pick a level and it will color the message header text that color.
--
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon 6.0.4 Kernel 6.5.0-26-generic
Al

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Newsgroup notification only for special threads