From: NoSpam@AnonymousP.com (SolutionsDIY)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2021 13:01:53 -0500
 by: SolutionsDIY - Tue, 7 Dec 2021 18:01 UTC

It's been a while since I've used my Agent newsreader and I can't
remember how to re-enable being able to use the Ctrl button with
arrows and end and home to select messages.

Anyonw remember how to do this?

Thx!

Re: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...

<1dq0rg5d07n2vh1qsl3rl5m3ivgr0kt2mk@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3863&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3863

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Subject: Re: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 21:25:16 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Wed, 8 Dec 2021 08:25 UTC

On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 13:01:53 -0500, SolutionsDIY wrote:

> It's been a while since I've used my Agent newsreader and I can't
> remember how to re-enable being able to use the Ctrl button with
> arrows and end and home to select messages.
>
> Anyonw remember how to do this?
>
> Thx!

Use SHIFT with arrows to select a range of messages in the message list;
also to select a range of text in the message body pane.

Also use SHIFT with end and home to do the same.

CTRL with arrows moves the cursor forward or back by one word in the
message body pane.

CTRL with home or end moves the cursor to the beginning or end of the text,
while home or end by itself moves to the beginning or end of the line.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Re: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...

<1de5rglb5vp82adpf4jnvgqcfh7bvi86d9@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3869&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3869

From: samt@samt.invalid (Sam)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2021 18:22:10 -0800
 by: Sam - Fri, 10 Dec 2021 02:22 UTC

On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 21:25:16 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>CTRL with home or end moves the cursor to the beginning or end of the text,
>while home or end by itself moves to the beginning or end of the line.

But Agent doesn't use HUJK to move the cursor. Long Live UNIX ;-)

--
/\_/\
((@v@))

Re: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...

<klpasgttb0qofj9gb6p21m7thpnv8fassl@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3895&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3895

From: NoSpam@AnonymousP.com (SolutionsDIY)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:22:38 -0500
 by: SolutionsDIY - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 06:22 UTC

wrote:

>On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 13:01:53 -0500, SolutionsDIY wrote:
>
>> It's been a while since I've used my Agent newsreader and I can't
>> remember how to re-enable being able to use the Ctrl button with
>> arrows and end and home to select messages.
>>
>> Anyonw remember how to do this?
>>
>> Thx!
>

>Use SHIFT with arrows to select a range of messages in the message list;
>also to select a range of text in the message body pane.
>
>Also use SHIFT with end and home to do the same.
>

>CTRL with arrows moves the cursor forward or back by one word in the
>message body pane.
>
>CTRL with home or end moves the cursor to the beginning or end of the text,
>while home or end by itself moves to the beginning or end of the line.

Thanks, but these functions stop working once we accidentally press a
key sequence, and I forget how to re-enable after that. I used to
have the information in my Agent Tips folder but this version of my
files is not the latest (must be the ones I lost in a crash along the
way).

Anyway, thanks. I'll eventually rememeber the key sequence to
re-enable the key stokes, I'm sure as I can't find references on the
net for them.

Cheers and Merry Christmas! :oD

Re: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...

<duvasgtpo6oparmrg9l0afdb2pfme9m5nb@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3896&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3896

From: -rf-nz-@-.invalid (Ralph Fox)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2021 21:37:22 +1300
 by: Ralph Fox - Fri, 24 Dec 2021 08:37 UTC

On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:22:38 -0500, SolutionsDIY wrote:
> On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 21:25:16 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
> wrote:
>> On Tue, 07 Dec 2021 13:01:53 -0500, SolutionsDIY wrote:
>>
>>> It's been a while since I've used my Agent newsreader and I can't
>>> remember how to re-enable being able to use the Ctrl button with
>>> arrows and end and home to select messages.
>>>
>>> Anyonw remember how to do this?
>>>
>>> Thx!
>>

>> Use SHIFT with arrows to select a range of messages in the message list;
>> also to select a range of text in the message body pane.
>>
>> Also use SHIFT with end and home to do the same.
>>

>> CTRL with arrows moves the cursor forward or back by one word in the
>> message body pane.
>>
>> CTRL with home or end moves the cursor to the beginning or end of the text,
>> while home or end by itself moves to the beginning or end of the line.
>
> Thanks, but these functions stop working once we accidentally press a
> key sequence, and I forget how to re-enable after that. I used to
> have the information in my Agent Tips folder but this version of my
> files is not the latest (must be the ones I lost in a crash along the
> way).

If Agent's status bar shows 'SCRL' near the bottom right, then turn
this 'SCRL' off by pressing the 'Scroll Lock' key.

* If your keyboard does not have a physical 'Scroll Lock' key, then
see "Scroll Lock on keyboards without a Scroll Lock key" on the
Wikipedia "Scroll Lock" page:
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scroll_Lock#Scroll_Lock_on_keyboards_without_a_Scroll_Lock_key>.

It is this 'SCRL' indicator which must be turned off, not the scroll
lock light on the keyboard.

Each pane has its own 'SCRL' indicator. Turn 'SCRL' off while in
the message list pane, to re-enable the arrow keys in the message
list pane. Turning 'SCRL' off while in the message body pane will
not turn 'SCRL' off for the message list pane.

See these:

[1] Agent Newsreader FAQ entry for scroll lock:
<https://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#1CA377ECDB92AB2C85256C1F005A6C02>

[2] Agent 1.91 help file entry for scroll lock:
Help >> Index >> Scroll Lock behavior

> Anyway, thanks. I'll eventually rememeber the key sequence to
> re-enable the key stokes, I'm sure as I can't find references on the
> net for them.
>
> Cheers and Merry Christmas! :oD

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

🎅🛷🎄🎁

Re: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...

<3u96tgtemo3bsrhhcotl7i8meompr6dh18@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3908&group=alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent#3908

From: NoSpam@AnonymousP.com (SolutionsDIY)
Newsgroups: alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2022 11:44:35 -0500
 by: SolutionsDIY - Mon, 3 Jan 2022 16:44 UTC

On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 21:37:22 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Dec 2021 01:22:38 -0500, SolutionsDIY wrote:
>> On Wed, 08 Dec 2021 21:25:16 +1300, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Use SHIFT with arrows to select a range of messages in the message list;
>>> also to select a range of text in the message body pane.
>>>
>>> Also use SHIFT with end and home to do the same.
>>>

>>> CTRL with arrows moves the cursor forward or back by one word in the
>>> message body pane.
>>>
>>> CTRL with home or end moves the cursor to the beginning or end of the text,
>>> while home or end by itself moves to the beginning or end of the line.
>>
>> Thanks, but these functions stop working once we accidentally press a
>> key sequence, and I forget how to re-enable after that. I used to
>> have the information in my Agent Tips folder but this version of my
>> files is not the latest (must be the ones I lost in a crash along the
>> way).
>

>If Agent's status bar shows 'SCRL' near the bottom right, then turn
>this 'SCRL' off by pressing the 'Scroll Lock' key.
>
> * If your keyboard does not have a physical 'Scroll Lock' key, then
> see "Scroll Lock on keyboards without a Scroll Lock key" on the
> Wikipedia "Scroll Lock" page:
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scroll_Lock#Scroll_Lock_on_keyboards_without_a_Scroll_Lock_key>.
>

>It is this 'SCRL' indicator which must be turned off, not the scroll
>lock light on the keyboard.
>
>Each pane has its own 'SCRL' indicator. Turn 'SCRL' off while in
>the message list pane, to re-enable the arrow keys in the message
>list pane. Turning 'SCRL' off while in the message body pane will
>not turn 'SCRL' off for the message list pane.
>
>See these:
>
>[1] Agent Newsreader FAQ entry for scroll lock:
> <https://www.forteinc.com/agent/faq.php#1CA377ECDB92AB2C85256C1F005A6C02>
>
>[2] Agent 1.91 help file entry for scroll lock:
> Help >> Index >> Scroll Lock behavior
>

>> Anyway, thanks. I'll eventually rememeber the key sequence to
>> re-enable the key stokes, I'm sure as I can't find references on the
>> net for them.
>>
>> Cheers and Merry Christmas! :oD
>
>Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Thanks! I knew the answer was simple, just couldn't remember it!
Thanks for letting us know. It's a pain when the Ctrl key stops
"functioning" lol.

:oD

computers / alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent / Re: Re-enable ^+arrow and ^+End, etc ...