From: andrzejpopielewicz@gmail.com
Newsgroups: comp.os.coherent
Subject: ftp, memory etc
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 12:22:18 -0000 (UTC)
logging-data="1479076"; mail-complaints-to="usenet@news.icm.edu.pl"
 by: andrzejpopielewicz@gmail.com - Sun, 24 Sep 2023 12:22 UTC

Coherent VM recently proposed by me does NOT have any servers, like ftpd, telnetd etc. So if You want to transfer files use lynx, links or gopher in this
machine. BTW instead of using NAT mode use rather bridged mode, You will be able
to communicate between different virtual machines , for example between Linux or Coherent , in the case host is Win10. You could enable ftpd and telnetd in Lin.

I have ported ssh, 2.x, 5.6x and 8.8x. But only version 2.x worked fine in
the past. Now this version is useless, because there are no servers using still
this version. If there is interest I can publish ssh distributions.

You can try to use elvis instead of vi.

What concerns memory above 16 MB, you have to Your disposal malloc pool up to
124 MB in user level. If You define VM with 1 GB RAM, You have to Your disposal
1 GB via using pxcopy, xpcopy in kernel level, for example in drivers. Network i1000 (gigabit GbE)driver uses intensively region of RAM above 512 MB (network buffers). Other my drivers also use RAM above 128 MB.

Andrzej