From: mike@example.invalid (mike)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 15:45:25 +0000
 by: mike - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 15:45 UTC

Hi,

I am used to SeaMonkey starting with a maximized window but since a few
days ago it starts with a smaller window. If I maximize it afterwards,
it still doesn't start maximized next time. Is there any setting that
controls this which I might have modified accidentally? This is on
Windows 10 if that matters.

Re: SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit

<u1me4p$3jchn$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=378&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#378

From: mike@example.invalid (mike)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 15:48:41 +0000
 by: mike - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 15:48 UTC

On 18.04.2023 15:45, mike wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am used to SeaMonkey starting with a maximized window but since a few
> days ago it starts with a smaller window. If I maximize it afterwards,
> it still doesn't start maximized next time. Is there any setting that
> controls this which I might have modified accidentally? This is on
> Windows 10 if that matters.

I just realized that the user agent changed to Firefox/-1.0. Some
strange things seem to be happening here.

Re: SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit

<ka83ctF7sbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=379&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#379

From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:47:08 +0200
 by: frg - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 17:47 UTC

mike wrote:
> On 18.04.2023 15:45, mike wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am used to SeaMonkey starting with a maximized window but since a few days
>> ago it starts with a smaller window. If I maximize it afterwards, it still
>> doesn't start maximized next time. Is there any setting that controls this
>> which I might have modified accidentally? This is on Windows 10 if that
>> matters.
>
> I just realized that the user agent changed to Firefox/-1.0. Some strange
> things seem to be happening here.

You probably turned on tracking protection resist fingerprinting in the prefs
for this one. Not sure if related.

FRG

Re: SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit

<u1mm3b$3kord$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=380&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#380

From: mike@example.invalid (mike)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 20:04:26 +0200
 by: mike - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 18:04 UTC

frg wrote:
> mike wrote:
>> On 18.04.2023 15:45, mike wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am used to SeaMonkey starting with a maximized window but since a
>>> few days ago it starts with a smaller window. If I maximize it
>>> afterwards, it still doesn't start maximized next time. Is there any
>>> setting that controls this which I might have modified accidentally?
>>> This is on Windows 10 if that matters.
>>
>> I just realized that the user agent changed to Firefox/-1.0. Some
>> strange things seem to be happening here.
>>

> You probably turned on tracking protection resist fingerprinting in the
> prefs for this one. Not sure if related.
>
> FRG

Yes, explains it. I remember playing around with that one. Thanks for
the hint. However, to make SeaMonkey work again normally, I stripped
down prefs.js to just the mail, security and extensions settings. That
solved the window size problem. But now SeaMonkey asks me for my master
password at startup. Long ago I managed to make it ask for it only when
it actually needs it but I forgot which setting it was. Can you help out?

Re: SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit

<u1mpp5$3l946$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=381&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#381

From: nobody@nowhere.invalid (David E. Ross)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 12:07:17 -0700
 by: David E. Ross - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:07 UTC

On 4/18/2023 11:04 AM, mike wrote:
> frg wrote:
>> mike wrote:

>>> I just realized that the user agent changed to Firefox/-1.0. Some
>>> strange things seem to be happening here.
>>>

>> You probably turned on tracking protection resist fingerprinting in the
>> prefs for this one. Not sure if related.
>>
>> FRG
>
> Yes, explains it. I remember playing around with that one. Thanks for
> the hint. However, to make SeaMonkey work again normally, I stripped
> down prefs.js to just the mail, security and extensions settings. That
> solved the window size problem. But now SeaMonkey asks me for my master
> password at startup. Long ago I managed to make it ask for it only when
> it actually needs it but I forgot which setting it was. Can you help out?

In user.js, I have the following (although I do not know if this is
still valid):

user_pref("signon.startup.prompt", false);
// don't ask for master password until it's used,
// bugs #560792 and #776268

NOTE: The // indicates a comment, to remind me why I have this.
Comments cannot be set in prefs.js

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
* Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
* Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
* If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
* If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??

Re: SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit

<u1mrve$3lk68$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=382&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#382

From: mike@example.invalid (mike)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2023 21:44:45 +0200
 by: mike - Tue, 18 Apr 2023 19:44 UTC

David E. Ross wrote:
> On 4/18/2023 11:04 AM, mike wrote:
>> frg wrote:

>>> You probably turned on tracking protection resist fingerprinting in the
>>> prefs for this one. Not sure if related.
>>>
>>> FRG
>>
>> Yes, explains it. I remember playing around with that one. Thanks for
>> the hint. However, to make SeaMonkey work again normally, I stripped
>> down prefs.js to just the mail, security and extensions settings. That
>> solved the window size problem. But now SeaMonkey asks me for my master
>> password at startup. Long ago I managed to make it ask for it only when
>> it actually needs it but I forgot which setting it was. Can you help out?
>>

> In user.js, I have the following (although I do not know if this is
> still valid):
>
> user_pref("signon.startup.prompt", false);
> // don't ask for master password until it's used,
> // bugs #560792 and #776268
>
> NOTE: The // indicates a comment, to remind me why I have this.
> Comments cannot be set in prefs.js

Ah, yes, fixed it. Thanks a lot!
Tt also needs mail.biff.on_new_window false so that it doesn't prompt
for the master password directly *after* startup.

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / SeaMonkey doesn't remember window size on exit