From: jim@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Won't wake from minimised
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 10:42:32 -0000
 by: Jim the Geordie - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 10:42 UTC

Using Betterbird (but I think it was the same with Thunderbird)
If left minimised for some time e.g. overnight it will not open/maximise
or close even if there has been an incomimg message notification.
Only way to go is to close from Task Manager and re-open

Version 115.7 on Windows 10

--
Jim the Geordie

Re: Won't wake from minimised

<l312cuF2tglU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2936&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#2936

From: usenet@andyburns.uk (Andy Burns)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Subject: Re: Won't wake from minimised
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 11:33:48 +0000
 by: Andy Burns - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 11:33 UTC

Jim the Geordie wrote:

> Using Betterbird (but I think it was the same with Thunderbird)
> If left minimised for some time e.g. overnight it will not open/maximise
> or close

Never had that myself (with TB rather than BB)

Possibly try excluding the profile folder from any AV scanning?

Re: Won't wake from minimised

<1gnluxtbt0max$.dlg@v.nguard.lh>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=2941&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#2941

From: V@nguard.LH (VanguardLH)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:42:26 -0600
Sender: V@nguard.LH
 by: VanguardLH - Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:42 UTC

Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:

> Using Betterbird (but I think it was the same with Thunderbird)
> If left minimised for some time e.g. overnight it will not open/maximise
> or close even if there has been an incomimg message notification.
> Only way to go is to close from Task Manager and re-open
>
> Version 115.7 on Windows 10

Does minimize mean to a taskbar icon (using the "_" titlebar icon), or
to a systray icon (Tools -> Options -> General -> System Integration ->
"When Thunderbird is minimized move to tray")?

Yet tested with all add-ons disabled that you installed in Thunderbird,
exit Thunderbird, reload Thunderbird, and leave it minimized for hours?

Re: Won't wake from minimised

<XnsB12F8F8B12AA1jimjimXscottcouk@94.23.43.182>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3520&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#3520

From: jim@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2024 14:06:38 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim the Geordie - Fri, 8 Mar 2024 14:06 UTC

VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:1gnluxtbt0max$.dlg@v.nguard.lh:

> Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Using Betterbird (but I think it was the same with Thunderbird)
>> If left minimised for some time e.g. overnight it will not
open/maximise
>> or close even if there has been an incomimg message notification.
>> Only way to go is to close from Task Manager and re-open
>>
>> Version 115.7 on Windows 10
>
> Does minimize mean to a taskbar icon (using the "_" titlebar icon), or
> to a systray icon (Tools -> Options -> General -> System Integration ->
> "When Thunderbird is minimized move to tray")?
>
> Yet tested with all add-ons disabled that you installed in Thunderbird,
> exit Thunderbird, reload Thunderbird, and leave it minimized for hours?

The problem seems to have been two Google Calendar add-ons.
Both Google Calendar 'Plugin' and Google Calendar 'Quick access' seem to
cause the problem. However 'Open Google Calendar' has not caused the
freeze - so far.

Re: Won't wake from minimised

<XnsB13189D79DB86jimjimXscottcouk@94.23.43.182>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3622&group=alt.comp.software.thunderbird#3622

From: jim@jimXscott.co.uk (Jim the Geordie)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.thunderbird
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 13:33:01 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Jim the Geordie - Sun, 10 Mar 2024 13:33 UTC

Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote in

> VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote in news:1gnluxtbt0max$.dlg@v.nguard.lh:
>
>> Jim the Geordie <jim@jimXscott.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Using Betterbird (but I think it was the same with Thunderbird)
>>> If left minimised for some time e.g. overnight it will not
> open/maximise
>>> or close even if there has been an incomimg message notification.
>>> Only way to go is to close from Task Manager and re-open
>>>
>>> Version 115.7 on Windows 10
>>
>> Does minimize mean to a taskbar icon (using the "_" titlebar icon), or
>> to a systray icon (Tools -> Options -> General -> System Integration
->
>> "When Thunderbird is minimized move to tray")?
>>
>> Yet tested with all add-ons disabled that you installed in
Thunderbird,
>> exit Thunderbird, reload Thunderbird, and leave it minimized for
hours?

> The problem seems to have been two Google Calendar add-ons.
> Both Google Calendar 'Plugin' and Google Calendar 'Quick access' seem
> cause the problem. However 'Open Google Calendar' has not caused the
> freeze - so far.

Now it has so no Google calendar add-ons
Provider will have to do

computers / alt.comp.software.thunderbird / Re: Won't wake from minimised