From: dbrooks@runforyourlife.org (Dudley Brooks)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.firefox
Subject: SOLVED Re: YouTube videos "hiccup" if I even so much as move the
mouse (FF 104.0 64-bit OS X 10.13.6)
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 19:08:25 -0700
 by: Dudley Brooks - Mon, 29 May 2023 02:08 UTC

On 8/31/22 8:08 PM, Paul wrote:

> On 8/31/2022 6:46 PM, Dudley Brooks wrote:

>>> Thanks.  I just checked and found that I have indeed been
>>> auto-updated to 104.0.1.
>>>
>>> As soon as I have time (hopefully soon) I will try YouTube again and
>>> see if the problem has been fixed.
>>
>> Nope.  Not fixed.  Still happening.
>>
>> The only way to prevent it is to keep the mouse somewhere off the main
>> screen, such as up in the menu.
>>
>> But if I accidentally move the mouse back onto the main screen (which
>> is very hard to avoid), the video still jumps back to the very beginning.
>
> Check and see if you have a third-party software as an addon
> to your system. The third post from the bottom here, resolved
> a problem like this, by removing an application called Magnet.
>
> https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?t=64636&p=366374
>
> And you may have to cross-post to a Mac group, as otherwise,
> we'll never find someone with the same Mac model number and
> OS version, to test this.
>
>    Paul

Sorry I wasn't able to get back to this for such a long time.

Turns out it was an add-on video downloader called iTube Studio for Mac.

Disabling it solved the problem immediately!

Thanks, everyone, for all your suggestions.

--
Dudley Brooks, Artistic Director
Run For Your Life! ... it's a dance company!

computers / alt.comp.software.firefox / SOLVED Re: YouTube videos "hiccup" if I even so much as move the mouse (FF 104.0 64-bit OS X 10.13.6)