From: nospam@needed.invalid (Paul)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,alt.os.linux.mint,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Subject: Re: Mini Monitor (10.1 inch) Chinese
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2023 11:16:25 -0400
 by: Paul - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 15:16 UTC

On 6/26/2023 9:39 AM, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
> On 25/06/2023 21:11, pinnerite wrote:
>> Just took delivery of one of these.
>> Everything was in the box, except setup instructions.
>> It has multiple sockets (VGA, BNC, HDMI etc)and al the leads to match.
>> The power supply plug's 12 volt lead is too short but I ordered an
>> extension for £1.99 including postage.
>>
>> No arguments so far but I am using HDMI for connection to my computer
>> and cannot seem to set it up in order to get a signal.
>
> What does the following print out?
>
> xrandr --listmonitors --verbose

I hope he has a known-good monitor plus the new monitor
connected at the same time, so he can test that way.

It's possible this is the computer with the two vid cards.

Paul

Re: Mini Monitor (10.1 inch) Chinese

<20230627192749.db4a91d3ac21b3cf8182275d@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=3393&group=alt.os.linux.ubuntu#3393

From: pinnerite@gmail.com (pinnerite)
Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y,alt.os.linux.mint,alt.os.linux.ubuntu
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2023 19:27:49 +0100
 by: pinnerite - Tue, 27 Jun 2023 18:27 UTC

On Mon, 26 Jun 2023 11:16:25 -0400
Paul <nospam@needed.invalid> wrote:

> On 6/26/2023 9:39 AM, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
> > On 25/06/2023 21:11, pinnerite wrote:
> >> Just took delivery of one of these.
> >> Everything was in the box, except setup instructions.
> >> It has multiple sockets (VGA, BNC, HDMI etc)and al the leads to match.
> >> The power supply plug's 12 volt lead is too short but I ordered an
> >> extension for £1.99 including postage.
> >>
> >> No arguments so far but I am using HDMI for connection to my computer
> >> and cannot seem to set it up in order to get a signal.
> >
> > What does the following print out?
> >
> > xrandr --listmonitors --verbose
> >

> I hope he has a known-good monitor plus the new monitor
> connected at the same time, so he can test that way.
>
> It's possible this is the computer with the two vid cards.
>
> Paul

No, this is mini-motherboard machine with an Intel core-3 processor
with one spare PCIe slot carrying a TBS-6280 DVB-T2 TV card. Onboards
graphics only.

Three years ago it set up with a Samsung smart TV as irs monitor.
It was mothballed two years ao when we downsized.

I have just (almost) completed building furniture and so it has been
reterieved from its wrapping.

The thing is, the operating system is dated and needs replacing.
SWMBO likes to watch TV so I bought the mini-monitor.

Tomorrow afternoon though I should be able to test it using the TV as
the govenor will be out, before re-introducing the mini-monitor.

Alan

--
Linux Mint 21.1 kernel version 5.15.0-75-generic Cinnamon 5.6.8