From: pschleck@panix.com (Paul W. Schleck)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.usenet,alt.culture.usenet,news.groups
Subject: TSFAQ Links to Prof. Timo Salmi's FAQ materials (archive.org, 2012)
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2023 15:54:39 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Paul W. Schleck - Sun, 8 Oct 2023 15:54 UTC

"Timo was a notable contributor to Usenet, both as a participant and an
FAQ author. Not only a great technical resource for the use of the
Procmail mail filtering program, but also someone who was keenly aware
that the value and usefulness of public forums required careful
cultivation of the 'Three C's' of Community, Culture, and Continuity."

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClassicUsenet/comments/11yrqig/tsfaq_links_to_prof_timo_salmis_faq_materials/

Re: TSFAQ Links to Prof. Timo Salmi's FAQ materials (archive.org, 2012)

<ufvot5$1u0kv$1@paganini.bofh.team>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=342&group=alt.fan.usenet#342

From: invalid@invalid.net (Jack)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.usenet,alt.culture.usenet,news.groups
Subject: Re: TSFAQ Links to Prof. Timo Salmi's FAQ materials (archive.org,
2012)
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2023 03:00:00 +0000
 by: Jack - Mon, 9 Oct 2023 03:00 UTC

On 08/10/2023 16:54, Paul W. Schleck wrote:
> "Timo was a notable contributor to Usenet, both as a participant and an
> FAQ author. Not only a great technical resource for the use of the
> Procmail mail filtering program, but also someone who was keenly aware
> that the value and usefulness of public forums required careful
> cultivation of the 'Three C's' of Community, Culture, and Continuity."
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/ClassicUsenet/comments/11yrqig/tsfaq_links_to_prof_timo_salmis_faq_materials/

Has Timo died? Do you know anything about him?

The guy used to run Turbo Pascal newsgroup (private) and also distributed
shareware programs written in Turbo Pascal (with source codes). I can't
find his webpage at University of Vaasa, Finland so I thought he must
have passed away. I have seen his research papers at this link:

<https://www.uwasa.fi/en/search/results?keys=Timo+Salmi>

Re: TSFAQ Links to Prof. Timo Salmi's FAQ materials (archive.org, 2012)

<ug3cfu$fo9$1@reader2.panix.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=343&group=alt.fan.usenet#343

From: pschleck@panix.com (Paul W. Schleck)
Newsgroups: alt.fan.usenet,alt.culture.usenet,news.groups
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2023 11:27:58 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Paul W. Schleck - Tue, 10 Oct 2023 11:27 UTC

In <ufvot5$1u0kv$1@paganini.bofh.team> Jack <invalid@invalid.net> writes:

>On 08/10/2023 16:54, Paul W. Schleck wrote:
>> "Timo was a notable contributor to Usenet, both as a participant and an
>> FAQ author. Not only a great technical resource for the use of the
>> Procmail mail filtering program, but also someone who was keenly aware
>> that the value and usefulness of public forums required careful
>> cultivation of the 'Three C's' of Community, Culture, and Continuity."
>>
>> https://www.reddit.com/r/ClassicUsenet/comments/11yrqig/tsfaq_links_to_prof_timo_salmis_faq_materials/
>>
>Has Timo died? Do you know anything about him?

>The guy used to run Turbo Pascal newsgroup (private) and also distributed
>shareware programs written in Turbo Pascal (with source codes). I can't
>find his webpage at University of Vaasa, Finland so I thought he must
>have passed away. I have seen his research papers at this link:

><https://www.uwasa.fi/en/search/results?keys=Timo+Salmi>

Timo was active on Twitter/X as recently as July:

https://twitter.com/TimoSalmi

He's retired from academia, and likely also Usenet.

--
Paul W. Schleck
pschleck@panix.com

computers / alt.fan.usenet / TSFAQ Links to Prof. Timo Salmi's FAQ materials (archive.org, 2012)