From: frgrahl@gmx.net (frg)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
Subject: Re: Why is my SeaMonkey crashing randomly a lot these days?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 00:09:16 +0200
<4cednZ9D6adIHqn5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com>
 by: frg - Mon, 10 Apr 2023 22:09 UTC

ewong has not yet gotten back to me. If you have a crash dump saved you can
send it to me via email and I can see if I can do a check.

If it is graphics related try to turn off layers.omtp.enabled but this one was
in 2.53.15 too.

javascript.options.wasm is also a good choice to turn off permanently.

Please also try the latest 2.53.17b1 pre too. Some gfx fixes and backports got
in last week.

I rad that Microsoft enabled core isolation via patches lately. If true turn
it off too. I know it is a security setting but these things are a bit harsh
sometimes and might cause crashes.

FRG

Ant wrote:

>>> Hmm, how can we get these dumps?
>
>> If there's nothing in the Event log, check these
>
>> about:crashes
>> in case it shows more than in your hyperlinked reports
>> %profile%/crashes
>
> Only links of my crash reports that I uploaded to the server.
>

>> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
>> the crash
>> %profile%/minidumps
>> directory within the Seamonkey profile that was in use at the time of
>> the crash
>
> I only see C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashDumps, C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashRpt, and C:\Users\ant\AppData\Local\CrashReportClient. I don't think those are it. Am I missing something?

Re: Why is my SeaMonkey crashing randomly a lot these days?

<LUmdnZU1bIZofKj5nZ2dnZfqn_YAAAAA@earthlink.com>

  copy mid

https://www.rocksolidbbs.com/computers/article-flat.php?id=330&group=alt.comp.software.seamonkey#330

From: ant@zimage.comANT (Ant)
Newsgroups: alt.comp.software.seamonkey
References: <8eWcne9zZIh3Grv5nZ2dnZfqn_GdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <u07bul$1ho12$1@dont-email.me> <Dr2dnS0EYMaM37r5nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@earthlink.com> <u07jde$1itu0$1@dont-email.me> <Z2ydnTMQkIEdA7X5nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@earthlink.com> <u0n2a5$epde$1@dont-email.me> <QN-cnYg7ELGeobL5nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@earthlink.com> <u0pcn8$s25r$2@dont-email.me> <37KcnUpfcatO3q35nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@earthlink.com> <u0tr9f$1lcfd$2@dont-email.me> <4cednZ9D6adIHqn5nZ2dnZfqn_qdnZ2d@earthlink.com> <k9jfodFokbnU1@mid.individual.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2023 22:40:53 +0000
 by: Ant - Tue, 11 Apr 2023 22:40 UTC

http://zimage.com/~ant/temp/SMcrashes/. WinDbg says it is related to xul.dll.

> If it is graphics related try to turn off layers.omtp.enabled but this one was
> in 2.53.15 too.

> javascript.options.wasm is also a good choice to turn off permanently.

Turning them ooff made no differences. :(

> Please also try the latest 2.53.17b1 pre too. Some gfx fixes and backports got
> in last week.

Hmm, is it stable enough?

> I rad that Microsoft enabled core isolation via patches lately. If true turn
> it off too. I know it is a security setting but these things are a bit harsh
> sometimes and might cause crashes.

My W10 Pro's Core Isolation's memory integrity was already off. Its
memory access protection has no option to toggle. I also got today's monthly MS updates. I still get crashes. :(
--
"These [religious rules about what you eat and drink, keeping festivals and special Sabbath days] are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ." --Colossians 2:17. Slammy Easter weekend and new week so far with its peey and poopy Monday and spams. :(
| |o o| |

computers / alt.comp.software.seamonkey / Re: Why is my SeaMonkey crashing randomly a lot these days?